A View From The Terrace.

I quite enjoyed the chat around the Scotland v Czech game and the alternative slant on the Czech second goal being a wonder goal rather than a complete fucking disaster.

The bit with Paul McGinn and the chat around the performances was good too.

Edited by Scary Bear

Very enjoyable even when reliving how my hope also went to feeling gutted in that last game. Interested to hear Shaughan promoting Hanley. I had my doubts about him but he did impress: I might be wrong but he was just injured before the spectacular long shot, and was taken off injured when at 1-1 against Croatia which had an impact. The Corby bit showed very little social distancing in that pub but it was entertaining. The school class also sadly took me back to 1965 when our school let us watch a 3 goal defeat to Italy in a failed World cup qualifier! Connect 4 decider is assured for the Kirkcaldy man.

Just caught up on AVFTE Part 1, after recording the first two episodes. Great programme but perhaps an uncomfortable watch in parts, looking back on some of the pre-tournament comments and enthusiastic predictions. Pat Nevin’s assertion that John McGinn versus an ageing Modric was a no-contest in midfield being one the stand outs. eek.

4 hours ago, Clockwork said:

Just caught up on AVFTE Part 1, after recording the first two episodes. Great programme but perhaps an uncomfortable watch in parts, looking back on some of the pre-tournament comments and enthusiastic predictions. Pat Nevin’s assertion that John McGinn versus an ageing Modric was a no-contest in midfield being one the stand outs. eek.

Watching the Croatia game I kept wondering when Modric's legs were going to go as that seemed to be. 

Unfortunately that also seemed to be  Steve Clarke's tactic for the game. 

Thanks Pat.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, dezz said:

What an emergency loan signing that is for the AVFTT boys. Looking forward to seeing you in action @thisGRAEME.

Hope its a speedy recovery for Joel and CGT too. 

Did they catch it in London? Going anecdotally, pretty much everyone who travelled down for the Scotland game seems to have caught it.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Did they catch it in London? Going anecdotally, pretty much everyone who travelled down for the Scotland game seems to have caught it.

Neither of them were there, and they both caught it independently.

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

I take it crouch’s shitty tv show is filmed elsewhere?

Ah sorry, Telfer was down in London for that, but only for the show and back up the next day, and nowhere the football.

27 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I take it crouch’s shitty tv show is filmed elsewhere?

That show is poison and I’ve seen longer Stan Lee film cameos but he probably caught COVID travelling down there.