A View From The Terrace.

15 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

A polite reminder that A View From The Palace will be on well in to the night, as we take a light hearted look at all the talking points from this weeks Royal shenanigans.

We also have special guest Prince Harry as he tells us the story of the time he was mistaken for Craig Curran at a Greggs in Croydon.

With tonights features Frankenroyaler, It's only year 73 but... and Bank or Tax avoid. 

Join us at 12 on any BBC channel.

princeandrew-768x384.jpg

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

What are folks thoughts on the Chris Iwelumo podcasts?  I'm not a huge fan to be honest.

Chris Iwelumo screaming 'DYUNDERSTAND, CRAIG?!' at Craig Cairns every week is very funny imo.

I've really enjoyed the podcasts they've done when they've covered topics away from the 90-mins of football - the recent episodes on mental health and racism for example were excellent - and Iwelumo can give some really good insight from a player/ex-player perspective on these matters.

When it comes to the discussion on the actual football, while there's absolutely no doubting Iwelumo's enthusiasm, I think the analysis is better left to the guys who do the regular shows. I definitely think there's scope to do more episodes on issues surrounding the sport - rather than analysing the weekends action - where Chris can give a unique perspective though. 

Edited by dezz

On 14/04/2021 at 13:11, Highland Capital said:

What are folks thoughts on the Chris Iwelumo podcasts?  I'm not a huge fan to be honest.

As opposed to the above, it annoys me that he always sounds so confrontational. 

"Rangers won at the weekend and --"

"AYE AND THEY'RE A GOOD TEAM DO YOU UNDERSTAND??? THEY PLAY FOOTBALL AND SCORE MORE THAN THE OTHER TEAM CAN YOU SEE THAT DO YOU UNDERDTAND ME CRAIG???"

chill the f**k out man

On 14/04/2021 at 14:57, dezz said:

Chris Iwelumo screaming 'DYUNDERSTAND, CRAIG?!' at Craig Cairns every week is very funny imo.

I've really enjoyed the podcasts they've done when they've covered topics away from the 90-mins of football - the recent episodes on mental health and racism for example were excellent - and Iwelumo can give some really good insight from a player/ex-player perspective on these matters.

When it comes to the discussion on the actual football, while there's absolutely no doubting Iwelumo's enthusiasm, I think the analysis is better left to the guys who do the regular shows. I definitely think there's scope to do more episodes on issues surrounding the sport - rather than analysing the weekends action - where Chris can give a unique perspective though. 

I would agree that 'other' podcasts with him were far better - such as the mental health and racism interviews.  When it comes to the more regular podcasts though I don't really think he brings that much.  It might just be me but I'm a fan of football podcast but not such a fan of footballers on podcast if you know what I mean (nearly wrote 'do you understand me'!)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 03/06/2021 at 23:40, grumswall said:

Can sb's mum come and collect him please.

If only she had.

As that lad on the Fast Show used to say, “I was very, very drunk”. First trip to the pub since March 2020. Started at 3pm. Burst.

Anyway, slurs against that lad Des aside, my drunken self was obviously highly excited to see that there are some Euros episodes of A View From The Terrace planned. First one on Friday.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000wzwn

Edited by Scary Bear