A View From The Terrace.

10 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

A couple of view from the euros?

Looks like it. Excellent news!

9 hours ago, Comrie said:

Telfer losing the trophy on the final day after shitebagging it with Cove/Queen's Park was delicious.

Or because he can't count....

I hope they do get a Euros show.

I like the Last Minute Winners section at the end of the show when they show an iconic moment from Scottish football, which that game with Jamaica ahead of the World Cup was.

I’ll need to watch it again. I missed half the chat ‘cause my kids were playing with their iPads and there was just a cacophony of noise. That lad Borthwick gets some abuse - upsetting and looks like someone from Popeye with a beard. 

The show is great, if it wasnt for AVFTT I probably wouldnt even pay attention to lower league football.

Talking of lower league fitba, even the jambo contributors are decent.

Its so much better than the anodyne mince that is put out as mainstream football coverage by the BBC - they must put in a power of work behind the scenes.

A EUROs special? Its a meh from me

Look forward to next season guys.

Old pishy Broon* has some excellent insights in to the game. I mind one time he was talking about some game Scotland were playing (can't mind who against) and he identified that the opposition's keeper seemed to start a lot of their attacks, often with a long, targeted diagonal. Brown had one of the attackers right on the keeper every time, ensuring that the keeper never had the chance to play his targeted balls and had to instead resort to aimless, hurried punts. Scotland won.

It's the wee details like that that I love hearing. He mentioned Don Hutchinson last night in the England playoff game and how he was to specifically target Southgate. Worked a treat!

His stories in general are great too. Had heard the "they're shiteing it!" one about the Brazil game before but it's a cracker.

He did slaver some silly stuff about having more corners and attacking throw ins when Scotland lost, but that always seemed like classic manager deflection.

*Said with affection

Edited by DA Baracus

Another fantastic episode from the boys. Great series overall too.

The introduction of more guests has been a good change. I especially like the way the 4 guys slightly change their tone and are a bit more respectful towards the guests. There is almost a feeling of "this is class, how did this happen" about the way they seem in these interviews. Which is exactly how every fan feels meeting football stars.

Well done to all involved.

That interview with Brown was great. He has some class stories. I've heard he's really good at the after-dinner stuff, you can see why.
I've been at the SSC pre match things at Hampden when he has been doing a QnA and he is a brilliant story teller. The compere struggles to keep him on topic or even stop talking. Could listen to his stories all night despite the blatant name dropping.

40 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
23 hours ago, G51 said:
That interview with Brown was great. He has some class stories. I've heard he's really good at the after-dinner stuff, you can see why.

I've been at the SSC pre match things at Hampden when he has been doing a QnA and he is a brilliant story teller. The compere struggles to keep him on topic or even stop talking. Could listen to his stories all night despite the blatant name dropping.

I know a guy that worked with him a lot when he was Scotland manager, and he's endless in his praise for him. Nothing too much bother, no question too daft, no hesitation to help. A gent.

John Boyle
Yip, John Boyle had a snidey whisper in his ear after the game and they had to be split up. Broon was at Aberdeen by the that point and the split was a bit acrimonious (obviously at boardroom level as well).

Anyway, just watching this on catch-up - George is a bit pricey at £10 a haircut!

A polite reminder that A View From The Palace will be on well in to the night, as we take a light hearted look at all the talking points from this weeks Royal shenanigans.

We also have special guest Prince Harry as he tells us the story of the time he was mistaken for Craig Curran at a Greggs in Croydon.

With tonights features Frankenroyaler, It's only year 73 but... and Bank or Tax avoid. 

Join us at 12 on any BBC channel.

Edited by johnnydun

On 03/04/2021 at 11:44, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Watching again this morning (the prospect of Telfer in a suit has piqued my wife's interest) and just picked up on the incredulous "Back?" comment.

Chapeau. 

The "back?!" comment revealed a lot about both parties in that conversation.