A View From The Terrace.

Hold up; Football Manager is the same as Championship Manager?!

I thought they were two different things, like PES and Fifa!

I've never played an FM game but Championship Manager 2 is one of my all time favourite games.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Hold up; Football Manager is the same as Championship Manager?!

I thought they were two different things, like PES and Fifa!

I've never played an FM game but Championship Manager 2 is one of my all time favourite games.

It was originally champ man then it became football manager.  I think there was then a fall out and some of the developers made another champ man but it never took off.

2 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

It was originally champ man then it became football manager.  I think there was then a fall out and some of the developers made another champ man but it never took off.

Think the actual programmers who made Champ Man fell out with the high up folk at Eidos, so agreed to give up the CM name if they got all the work they'd done. No idea why Eidos agreed to that, but they did, and ended up with f**k all but a name.

FM obviously gone from strength to strength while CM never really reappeared.

16 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Why does the show end before the football season ends? It’s a shame. 

Maybe the BBC could get them back for a Scottish Cup special or a Euro2020 (in 2021) special?

You've got to remember they are quite a small production company, so they might have other projects to work on. I would personally love for A View from the European Terrace in June though.

17 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Really enjoyed that tonight, particularly the first 10 minutes or so before the first segment. Quite enjoyed the LMW but I'm sure I've heard it before somewhere.

It was a rendition of Arab Strap's " The First Big Weekend"

16 minutes ago, ropy said:

Was the American guy reading out the names of ‘80s casual tosses?

He's some bozo yank on YouTube who seems to be mad into casual culture. Diablo TV is his channel I'm sure.

Great show yet again, it has really kicked on. That American guy doing the team names is the same guy that challenged Millwall to a ‘fight’ a few years back. You can YouTube it, it’s worth a watch.

Also congrats to Shaughan for winning the EBLWT. Looking forward to seeing what Joel will have on next week.

Excellent outcome to the predictions league - was a bit like Man City being relegated in 1996 as they held the ball in the corner to hold out for a draw not realising they needed to win or attempting to make sure of it by going for the winner.

Incidentally, the lower league podcast on a Thursday/Friday is wonderful listening each week now it’s returned.

Great show again this week, as others have said its a shame its finishing its run.

Will be amusing to see what sked has to wear next week...................

Last minute winner - preferred the Arab Strap version, tbf

I see a suggestion that Joel should have to go ‘full strip w****r’ next week. Got to happen. He’ll look lovely in green. If he could shave his head to look like Gray, that would be excellent.