A View From The Terrace.

Just now, Arch Stanton said:

Especially with Shaughan saying it had the best atmosphere.

aye, 50-60 k people hurling sectarian abuse at each other is some atmosphere alright.:thumbsdown

I despise it and the clubs involved.

Putting aside my obvious bias for the Pars/Raith derby, the Dundee derby is objectively the best. Very rarely a boring game and always a great atmosphere.

Another crackin show. 

However, unpopular opinions for this pish.

Football manager is shite.

I suppose at some point in 1996, the first time I heard of it happening, someone winning the UEFA cup with Alloa was vaguely interesting. It's 2021 now everyone knows it's possible.

The fact that you can win the Champions League with Spartans is why it's a stupid game and not a plus point. 

18 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Another crackin show. 

However, unpopular opinions for this pish.

I suppose at some point in 1996, the first time I heard of it happening, someone winning the UEFA cup with Alloa was vaguely interesting. It's 2021 now everyone knows it's possible.

The fact that you can win the Champions League with Spartans is why it's a stupid game and not a plus point. 

Used to be able to sign me on that game if you loaded the biggest database. Obviously I’d play at a super club and sign myself. The coaches would say I was “nowhere near the standard required at Barcelona” so I did what anybody would soon that scenario - I sacked the coaches. Used to bring myself on for the last 10 minutes of the Champions League final and make myself captain. 

Rock & Roll...

7 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Another good show. Looking forward to seeing Sked in a Hibs top next week.

They should stick his pal in one as well. He fairly stuck the boot in to st mirren for fucking up last week.

In fairness he predicted it the previous week, although he didnt predict his championship diddy team being humiliated by highland league part timers, so good to see the other 2 didn't miss them.

11 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

unnamed.png.d50c752a6b46a3ec5a24caf9884b14e4.png

What a sad little life you must lead.

1 hour ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Reinforcing how old you are when there are people talking about their dads playing football manager wasn't quite so magnificent. 

I'm depressed now. 

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

My first fm experience was 1993 (I'm counting it as one game, despite the split).

16 minutes ago, Kyle said:

96/97 was my first one. I remember being completely obsessed with that game as a youngster, still buy it every year and play it casually now. 

I hadn't even started school when these two old fuddies starting playing it...

1 hour ago, pandarilla said:

My first fm experience was 1993 (I'm counting it as one game, despite the split).

Same, back when it was championship manager. Funny how basic and easy the early versions were. Used to always go AC Milan, play a 3-2-5 formation and scud teams about 8-1 every game 😄

3 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Same, back when it was championship manager. Funny how basic and easy the early versions were. Used to always go AC Milan, play a 3-2-5 formation and scud teams about 8-1 every game 😄

I actually had the original football manager by Kevin Toms on the spectrum. Must have been around 1987.  Bought every edition for years until about 2012.

Bought it again a couple of years ago and it was just to detailed to get into.  Think my favourites were early to mid 2000s

I mind taking a week off work in late nineties when new game came out and playing it incessantly.  Was great fun.

Edited by Tynierose

13 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

I actually had the original football manager by Kevin Toms on the spectrum. Must have been around 1987.  Bought every edition for years until about 2012.

Bought it again a couple of years ago and it was just to detailed to get into.  Think my favourites were early to mid 2000s

I mind taking a week off work in late nineties when new game came out and playing it incessantly.  Was great fun.

Yeah my early CM’s were on the Commodore Amiga. I always remember you’d start a new game and make a beeline to sign the two superstar players Mark Collis and Ferah Orosco from Cambridge United who had 20s for everything. Turned out they weren’t even real players and were two boys that worked on making the game. 

I bought it almost every year up until 2010 when the wee lass came along and the spare room had to get turned into her room. There was a spell of a few years in the mid 00’s where despite living in the same house I barely seen my missus because I was through playing FM.

Edited by 8MileBU