A View From The Terrace.

Including your own (and mine - Motherwell). Which makes me wonder, which club is closest to a train station? Accies?
St Mirren for sure. Fall out the train into the away end. Hamilton requires a much longer walk and the away end is furthest from the station.

8 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:
On 14/03/2021 at 00:01, DA Baracus said:
Aye this 10 minute thing I said is clearly  nonsense as it would eliminate almost all clubs!

Including your own (and mine - Motherwell). Which makes me wonder, which club is closest to a train station? Accies?

St. Mirren Park is 90m from Paisley St. James.

4 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Forgot about St. Mirren being so close. Accies is very close (but not as close) for home fans but visiting fans are generally made to walk the long way round, particularly after the match.

Last time i was at NDP was Grand National day 2 years ago, the 1-1 draw. There was no restriction on us walking back up the walkway past the station to the Academical Vaults.

36 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

The real test is being 10 minutes from the station to a pub and 10 minutes from the pub to the ground.

If you are going to the trouble of travelling by train you are probably getting pished too.

The beauty of SMP is that you can get pished in the Last Post which is zero metres from Paisley Gilmour St and then get the 1452 to Paisley St. James which arrives at 1454. That 6 minutes before ko is enough time to walk to the stadium, go for a pish and still take your seat before 1500.

Spoiler

Unless you're an away fan without a ticket...you'll have to Q to buy one from the hatch.

ETA if you're one of those people who don't like Wetherspoons, The Argyle, The Patter Bar, The Old Swan, The Tile, The Club Bar, the Bankhouse and The Brewer's Tap are all less than a minutes walk from PGS.

Further ETA...there's never a ticket dude/dudette on the train.

Edited by Arch Stanton

I was going to St Mirren away a few years ago and minutes before the train left the station somebody realised there had been a f**k up and the Ardrossan train had been mixed up with the Paisley St James one.

I assume everyone managed to get on the right one in time but it felt like a good idea for a sitcom episode- a train full of Motherwell fans and commuting Paisleyites stranded in seaside Ayrshire by accident.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

Fun Fact #442 - Peterhead has the honour of being the SPFLs furthest-from-a-railway-station ground. Unless I'm wrong, of course. Either way, a bit of a walk from Aiberdeen.

And to return to AVFTT - Am I Alone Again Or* does anyone else find the opening titles the weakest link, however bad the LW may be? Might be due to seeing it every week, but it seems tired already.

*Old Fart ref to CF's T.

2 hours ago, House Bartender said:

Fun Fact #442 - Peterhead has the honour of being the SPFLs furthest-from-a-railway-station ground. Unless I'm wrong, of course. Either way, a bit of a walk from Aiberdeen.

And to return to AVFTT - Am I Alone Again Or* does anyone else find the opening titles the weakest link, however bad the LW may be? Might be due to seeing it every week, but it seems tired already.

*Old Fart ref to CF's T.

Nah, I really like the title music.

Last time i was at NDP was Grand National day 2 years ago, the 1-1 draw. There was no restriction on us walking back up the walkway past the station to the Academical Vaults.
It might just be the police are more wary at Motherwell games as there has been bother at the station. A few years ago they wouldn't let my father through the line of police and stewards to head in that direction even though he is in his 70's and was parked just the other side of the tunnel below the railway.

17 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

I was going to St Mirren away a few years ago and minutes before the train left the station somebody realised there had been a f**k up and the Ardrossan train had been mixed up with the Paisley St James one.

Clearly you or some other Well fan's f**k up and not Scotrail's as the Ardrossan train and the Gourock train (which stops at PSJ) are on different lines. Ardrossan trains leave from Platform 4, Gourock trains from platform 2.

16 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Clearly you or some other Well fan's f**k up and not Scotrail's as the Ardrossan train and the Gourock train (which stops at PSJ) are on different lines. Ardrossan trains leave from Platform 4, Gourock trains from platform 2.

My memory is hazy but I'm sure either the Departures board or the destination display bit on the train had been wrong? Could that happen?

Although aye it's more likely I've just misremembered it tbh.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

6 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I know this thread is primarily about the TV show, but please get those "It's Cheltmassss!" podcast adverts in the bin right now.

If it keeps the grandma road safety ads off the podcast then I'm all for them staying.

50 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

If it keeps the grandma road safety ads off the podcast then I'm all for them staying.

Either of these adverts are better than the recent ones when Fowler was advertising Manscaped by talking about his pubes.

Edited by G51

Good evening, this is just a polite reminder to say A View from the Terrace is on tonight @ 10:30pm on the BBC Scotland channel.

The choicest moments include an interview with Dundee United FC icon Sean Dillon and the second part of the Clydebank documentary.

Most important of all, it's back on at its usual time! Which is great news!

I hope you can tune in.

_DSF2165.thumb.jpg.12383b7bea7addfe94399a8acd07bc9c.jpg

1 hour ago, G51 said:

Either of these adverts are better than the recent ones when Fowler was advertising Manscaped by talking about his pubes.

In fairness, these adverts are based on your search history so I can only assume you've been searching for "Craig Fowler's pubic hairs" on Google too much.