A View From The Terrace.

FWIW, a (then student) friend of mine 'got off' with a vastly older band member from Fiction Factory, in a manner that possibly inspired the IT Crowd episode in which Jen goes out with the guy just because he's in a band.   

It became (and still is) a running joke with us, and that unmistakable four note opening to Feels Like Heaven was ideal for dropping into playlists, ring tones etc to wind her up when we stayed together.  Had a wee chuckle to myself as soon as it kicked off  LMW.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Raised a chuckle and quite funny hearing Danny Lennon speak about missing the cup final after being crocked by “a wee boy from Linlithgow”. 

The wee boy in question was my cousin’s best mate, ex Raith youngster and ex Linlithgow Rose player Mark Quinn. Back at the time he was getting loads of stick because he was a Celtic fan but was also proper sheepish because he’d crocked his club’s star player before their big game.

I follow a Scottish Premiership players Twitter account that’s going through all the players to have played in the SPL/premiership since 1998. Some of the players, especially from Hamilton, I have no recollection of at all. It would be quite a good feature if they all had to guess if players are real or not or something like that.

3 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

I follow a Scottish Premiership players Twitter account that’s going through all the players to have played in the SPL/premiership since 1998. Some of the players, especially from Hamilton, I have no recollection of at all. It would be quite a good feature if they all had to guess if players are real or not or something like that.

I follow that too just to try and remember who County signed in their terrible summer transfer windows, and then who they signed to correct it in their January transfer windows.  I genuinely can not remember anything about some.

4 hours ago, Gianfranco said:

I believe that's @craigkillie's doing.

They've done something like that on the podcast before where its something like is x player from Albion Rovers or the Rovers Return?

I believe that's [mention=11624]craigkillie[/mention]'s doing.

They've done something like that on the podcast before where its something like is x player from Albion Rovers or the Rovers Return?

Fair enough. I’ve been listening to less and less podcasts over the winter since my walking time has reduced.

13 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

I believe that's @craigkillie's doing.

Aye, have they not done a similar one for Queen's Park players or band frontmen? The curveball being James Allan who both player for QP and is lead singer of Glasvegas.

1 hour ago, Jacky1990 said:

Aye, have they not done a similar one for Queen's Park players or band frontmen? The curveball being James Allan who both player for QP and is lead singer of Glasvegas.

That was me - the quiz was "Queen's Park or King Tut's" - everyone on the list had either played for Queen's Park or performed at King Tut's. This was a spin-off from Gary Cocker's long running "Academic or Academical", where it was either Hamilton players or academics at UK universities. I think there was a "Brechin City or River City" at one point too, and maybe at least one other?

That was me - the quiz was "Queen's Park or King Tut's" - everyone on the list had either played for Queen's Park or performed at King Tut's. This was a spin-off from Gary Cocker's long running "Academic or Academical", where it was either Hamilton players or academics at UK universities. I think there was a "Brechin City or River City" at one point too, and maybe at least one other?
If its not Eastenders or East End Park I'd suggest you're missing a trick.

2 hours ago, MP_MFC said:
3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

If its not Eastenders or East End Park I'd suggest you're missing a trick.

Sevco or Serco -  has person x been some jobber or lackey during the banter years or some executive at Serco.

Celtic or Selleck - has person x played for Celtic or starred alongside 80's heartthrob Tom Selleck.

Partick Thistle or Plastic Whistle - has person x played for Partick Thistle or been a referee in Scotland.

Fair enjoyed that, AVFTT and whatever game Hibs are playing are the only 2 things I really make any effort to watch during these horrid times, one of the few things that bring enjoyment and laughs in these utterly miserable times, keep it up lads

23 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Sevco or Serco -  has person x been some jobber or lackey during the banter years or some executive at Serco.

Celtic or Selleck - has person x played for Celtic or starred alongside 80's heartthrob Tom Selleck.

Partick Thistle or Plastic Whistle - has person x played for Partick Thistle or been a referee in Scotland.

St Johnstone or Ian St Johns Toon, did they play football in Perth or were they born in Motherwell.

Good afternoon, this is just a polite reminder to say A View from the Terrace is on the BBC Scotland channel @ 10:30pm this evening.

Tonight's show features a confetti cannon, some mirth, and a special guest appearance from the legendary Jackie McNamara.

Miss it at your peril!

_DSF2432.thumb.jpg.b3aa9eccda7f984fa556a0c91f52a058.jpg

On 02/03/2021 at 17:17, Jacky1990 said:

Love Street or Love Actually - played for St. Mirren or is one of the ONE HUNDRED AND TEN actors credited in that dreadful movie.

4 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Good afternoon, this is just a polite reminder to say A View from the Terrace is on the BBC Scotland channel @ 10:30pm this evening.

Tonight's show features a confetti cannon, some mirth, and a special guest appearance from the legendary Jackie McNamara.

Miss it at your peril!

_DSF2432.thumb.jpg.b3aa9eccda7f984fa556a0c91f52a058.jpg

Jacqueline Ratnamara! Superb United manager!