A View From The Terrace.

27 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

I suspect it came from the accidental monopoly "take a chance" comment and he just went down the Abba route later.

He also got Mamma Mia in there as well.

Anyone else notice during the LMW that the singer said it was a "Perth Folk Song" before they covered Feels Like Heaven by The Cure? Or did I mishear it?

11 minutes ago, ArabAuslander said:

Anyone else notice during the LMW that the singer said it was a "Perth Folk Song" before they covered Feels Like Heaven by The Cure? Or did I mishear it?

"Feels like Heaven" is a song by Fiction Factory who are from Perth.

6 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

6 hours ago, Tattie36 said:

"Feels like Heaven" is a song by Fiction Factory who are from Perth.

Just like Heaven was The Cure, Feels Like Heaven was Fiction Factory.

Killing an Arab is what's going through my mind now.

On 20/02/2021 at 05:23, Jacky1990 said:

Chris Iwelumo does my nut in, even if he does come across as a genuinely decent guy. Do you understand?!

Glad I'm not the only person whose noticed this!

As you say, seems a decent bloke though. I don't feel he adds anything particular enlightening in terms of insight but I do enjoy his stories of times during his playing days

Another good episode and that's two decent Last Minute Winners in a row.

I am somewhat sceptical about Brazilians' insistence that football is like a religion in their home country. A country where 3.5 million muster for a Rod Stewart concert yet only average 22,500 for top flight football.

3 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

Another good episode and that's two decent Last Minute Winners in a row.

I am somewhat sceptical about Brazilians' insistence that football is like a religion in their home country. A country where 3.5 million muster for a Rod Stewart concert yet only average 22,500 for top flight football.

It's like here. We are well supported per head of population, have a lot of media coverage and chatter in pubs and taxis etc. If you look at the office split thread in the Championship forum and in real life you can see there's a lot of people who believe they are "football fans", but they don't fit my definition.

I enjoyed all the sections last night and was desperately trying to come up with Abba links, but failed. Liked the fact that Telfer has not forgiven Scott Booth. Danny Lennon was a good stand in for Airdrie a few seasons ago but I don't want to remember losing to Raith's young goalie in that semi final! Took me a wee while to check who sang that song originally but it was a good cover last night.

Excellent edition, well done.

Absolutely in a kink at the destruction of Bobby Borthwick and the sidelong glance at the camera.

Edit: I've slagged a few LMW but really enjoyed The Carloways covering Perth legends Fiction Factory.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

Long time reader, first time poster......

A View From the Terrace has been my favourite TV programme for the last couple of years, leading me to subscribe to The Terrace podcast. I had listened to all the episodes of 'Tell Him He's Pele' before AVFTT came about.  AVFTT is a superb programme, a template which I reckon will be copied by other media firms (some of the short films are pure class) and the Last Minute Winners are excellent if they are about football (the Lambie McFarlands especially) instead of someone warbling a lazy cover.

Then I watched the episode (19th Feb) where Joel, Shaughan and Fowler (who I'd previously liked and respected) said they didn't care if players dive. I'd like to hope they had tongues firmly in cheeks but.... what the hell? It was like being told Santa doesn't exist. The way in which the likes of Pawlett are rightly seen as diving cheats in Scotland is for me the best thing about the Scottish game. Someone tell me they didn't mean it, please.....

58 minutes ago, Anglichanin said:

Long time reader, first time poster......

A View From the Terrace has been my favourite TV programme for the last couple of years, leading me to subscribe to The Terrace podcast. I had listened to all the episodes of 'Tell Him He's Pele' before AVFTT came about.  AVFTT is a superb programme, a template which I reckon will be copied by other media firms (some of the short films are pure class) and the Last Minute Winners are excellent if they are about football (the Lambie McFarlands especially) instead of someone warbling a lazy cover.

Then I watched the episode (19th Feb) where Joel, Shaughan and Fowler (who I'd previously liked and respected) said they didn't care if players dive. I'd like to hope they had tongues firmly in cheeks but.... what the hell? It was like being told Santa doesn't exist. The way in which the likes of Pawlett are rightly seen as diving cheats in Scotland is for me the best thing about the Scottish game. Someone tell me they didn't mean it, please.....

But who do you really support?

22 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

Not sure what that's got to do with Monopoly, but yes he did which was also stated in superkillieaway's quote which  is emboldened within the body of my post.