A View From The Terrace.

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

"Red and yella, cuddly fella"

Is that reference to Mark Yardley?

Image result for mark yardley albion rovers

Don’t know if you know the answer and just wanted an excuse to post that picture (and who could blame you?) but it’s a quote from Super Hans in Peep Show. 

image.gif.99a12e2b7e258beb757e23f6e3bae24d.gif

Edited by Junior_Arab

Hats off to these guys, smashing it every week IMO. Obviously not every segment will be to people's likes, bit what a refreshing take on Scottish football. Love the Campbeltown stuff, as with the Killie guy and Montrose lad from last week. Top, top stuff.

The podcast is generally top notch as well. Although, have to say, Chris Iwelumo does my nut in, even if he does come across as a genuinely decent guy. Do you understand?!

LMW was decent tonight as well.

Genuinely one of the few programmes I make sure I watch each week. This and WandaVision. 

Well done boys.

I see watching a trailer on BBC breakfast that Off The Ball have picked up on the Killie Hippo piece from last night. Be interesting to see if they simply use the film shown as it was last night or if they develop it with their own interview. Either way an excellent piece of mainstream recognition beyond the bed time BBC1 repeat.

I see watching a trailer on BBC breakfast that Off The Ball have picked up on the Killie Hippo piece from last night. Be interesting to see if they simply use the film shown as it was last night or if they develop it with their own interview. Either way an excellent piece of mainstream recognition beyond the bed time BBC1 repeat.

I assume you mean Football Focus rather than Off the Ball here? Quite a few of the VTs have been shown on there.

Does anyone else think AVFTT should do a wee section every so often on the make up of the Pyramid etc? Maybe sounds daft but the amount of ignorance you hear even just from tuning in to Sportsound on your way to the football on a Saturday... Theres probably a niche for education about the structure and who is doing well in what leagues, aswell as the VTs focusing on what fans and staff of lower league clubs do for their communities etc.

Theres a lot of knowledge between the panel. I think it's something that would work. I'd certainly appreciate it.

A campaign against ignorance, Willie Miller pic in the background.

Could also knock out a three monthly explanation of the Nations League [emoji23]

4 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Has that Port Stewart segment not been shown before, or is it all similar type segments just seeming exactly the same. Long round trips, wee dug etc

Yes it has. Was thinking the same when the Stevie Lennon/Iceland feature was on last week. 

No doubt the guys will just be having to reuse the old features in the meantime as filming new ones probably isn’t feasible because of Covid.

Yes it has. Was thinking the same when the Stevie Lennon/Iceland feature was on last week. 
No doubt the guys will just be having to reuse the old features in the meantime as filming new ones probably isn’t feasible because of Covid.

Think it was mentioned last week on here that was the case.

When they recycle an old feature it says "from the archives" on the title card. This is the first season I've been able to watch, so I'm quite happy to see the old ones.

Thought the LMW was decent. I'd rather hear a shite original song than a passable cover. I'm not sure if this is intentional or not, but the sound quality is always ropey, especially the drums.

Great episode though. "I'm more of a rugby man, myself." had me laughing in an empty room. A fair few other amusing moments, too.

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

Thought the LMW was decent. 

Me too, it was a grower.  I quite often end up switching off before the end but not this time.  

That was a really good episode, particularly the Killie fanzine guy.  It's great to see fanzines still going - we've got the Red Final which must be pushing 30 by now and is still a decent read.

Did I spot a subtle The Day Today / Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan reference from Telfer ("I don't like it, but I'll have to go along with it")?