A View From The Terrace.

15 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Getting in there before you lot all fall in love with it - Newlandsfield is the best football ground in Scotland.

Our bus went there before 2010 cup final. Crackin ground, great clubhouse, I had a go on a bouncy castle and we won the cup.

A lovely day out.

Had paused the BBC Scotland channel at the end of Still Game, as I had a few errands to run. About 10 minutes ago I got back into my living room, got myself comfortable and grabbed the remote to press play, but accidentally changed the channel. 😑 Anyone with Sky will know how easy this is to do, and how much it hurts. 

I was just coming to terms with the fact I would need to wait until it appeared on iPlayer, when I noticed that the show was in my recordings. That was a negative, quickly followed by a positive to cancel out the negative. 

2 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Last Minute Winner was school concert stuff. 

Singer terrible and that's as loose a band as I have ever seen. Bassist and drummer must-have been in different rooms 

To be fair, I don’t think they would be performing during the end credits of a football show on the BBC Scotland channel if they were capable of selling out the Hydro, or being main support to a band like Texas. 

Also, there’s a good chance that members of the band will come on this forum to see how their performance was received, and I don’t think it would make them feel very nice if the first thing they see is someone calling them ‘loose’ and a ‘school concert’.

To be fair, I don’t think they would be performing during the end credits of a football show on the BBC Scotland channel if they were capable of selling out the Hydro, or being main support to a band like Texas. 

Also, there’s a good chance that members of the band will come on this forum to see how their performance was received, and I don’t think it would make them feel very nice if the first thing they see is someone calling them ‘loose’ and a ‘school concert’.
That's all very well, but why was the keyboard player dressed as Austin Powers?

5 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

I'm guessing it's the best review they have ever had 

9 minutes ago, Mordecai said:
13 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

That's all very well, but why was the keyboard player dressed as Austin Powers?

I’m only half way through the episode as I am watching a recording, will give a full review of the band once I’ve seen them. 

8 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

The singer was '5 minutes before closing karaoke' standard.

As much as I love the song, you'd have to challenge the sanity of anyone who chooses to not only cover it but then pick it as the one song to try and showcase your vocal talents. 

Country Girl, the original is already a shouty mess on a vocal level, and there's fucking millions going on instrumentally... it's a great song but it will make anyone doing it live or covering it sound like a hot mess. Even Primal Scream don't sound great live doing it but it's a big singalong festival anthem so they get away with it.