A View From The Terrace.

12 hours ago, alang1993 said:

@CraigFowler will probably be more upset at someone confusing him with Joel Sked than his Livingston prediction tbh

Despite being a jambo he had a point. Livi is a hard place to go, he just underestimated how pish they are right now.  Dont think there were many saints fans expecting a result.

3 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

I wonder what folk from Weegieland - Glasgow and the Glasgow hinterland of darkest Lanarkshire and the rest - make of this show. Do all the East Coast accents grate a bit?

I’ve never noticed the accents, I doubt the fan base is split by geography, more likely by intellect and the ability to appreciate topics beyond the boundaries of your own team.

Maybe open minded is a more succinct description.

37 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

This bit of darkest Lanarkshire says No it does not grate on me. I like the lower League inputs from Shaughan and Craig. It never struck me that the accents were an issue.

Have you not seen that Limmy sketch?

19 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Didn’t know Dumfries and Galloway spanned out as far as that. It must be pretty close to the border as I’m sure all the little villages you drive through along the coast coming from Turnberry are in South Ayrshire.

I thought I was quite good on my Scottish geography but obviously not. It’s not an area I have visited very much. 

Is south Ayrshire in Dumfries and Galloway ?

Are there two levels of local government ?

On 22/11/2020 at 10:40, Scary Bear said:

I wonder what folk from Weegieland - Glasgow and the Glasgow hinterland of darkest Lanarkshire and the rest - make of this show. Do all the East Coast accents grate a bit?

Personally I like them.

But if they recruit someone from Stranraer or Aberdeen, could be a problem 😆

On 22/11/2020 at 10:40, Scary Bear said:

Ffs you sound like a time trap from the 17th century. 

Hello! This is just a polite reminder that A View from the Terrace is on the BBC Scotland channel this evening at 10:30pm.
We've been told there are "a lot of laughs" tonight and you cannot turn it down in this economy!
We'll see you later on!

I’ve seen a gif on Twitter suggesting there’s confetti cannons on tonight’s show. I’m in.