A View From The Terrace.

Really enjoyed it again. St Johnstone cup feature was a great way to round the show off. 

While I'm here, just got around to the second part of the most embarrassing lower league moments podcast today and it is quite magnificent. Realised I was laughing out loud walking home listening to it and reliving the madness of Johnny Harvey. And I'm still only at number 3.

Great by Shaughan McGuigan to call out the shite house arse holes getting on the back of Sparky. Mental health has been incredibly tough during Lockdown, even for those without any previous mental health problems, for ex professionals who should know better than to publicly slate Griffiths, without knowing what kind of tough time the lad might of had is pretty low.

7 minutes ago, UAE1929 said:

Didn't he score a somewhat significant goal for County? Fucked if I remember what now. 

Our 1000th league goal.

And he's still a jakey w**k.

When I consume the usual BBC Scottish football output I do it to keep abreast of things. When I watch The Terrace it reminds me why I consume the usual BBC Scottish football output.

The program makes me smile, and not many things do that. Keep up the good work.

As an Arab who has been lucky enough to see my team win the SC twice, as gutted as I was that day, I remembered how it felt when we won it in 94 for the first time  and I can understand the mixture of joy and disbelief they must have experienced that day.

Yes we had a talented side.  Yes they got the breaks on the day (not just in how they got both goals, nor the Dow shot off the post that ran across the face of the goal, but also the Ciftci free kick that came down off the bar and somehow did not go in).  But over the season Tommy Wright had our number, so for many United fans it was not as big a shock as it seemed despite the disappointment.

The woman summed it up best at the end when she said that being a wee team made these days all the more sweeter.  I include United in that as from personal experience I cannot ever remember going into a cup final not feeling like the underdog, I have had too many bad experiences to ever feel confident.

Fowler discussing Shankland was another spot on comment...we either use him or lose him as he must be as pissed off as the fans with regards to our lack of cutting edge and goal threat due to MMs being hard to beat tactics.  There are a few games that they could easily have been booed off and back on the park (and booed off again) had fans been in the ground.  Covid might actually be doing the team a favour in that respect.

Newcomer to this show at the start of the new series. Really enjoying it so far. Good mix of chat and features, also makes a change from the usual ‘expert pundits’ and former players format. Feels very much more a ‘fans programme’. Top stuff![emoji460]️[emoji106]

18 hours ago, Lurkst said:

Was I the only one who had to google who Aberdeen's goalie was in the 2008 semi?

Have to confess to finding something in my eye during the St Johnstone feature. Brilliantly done, more of the same please!

Think Aberdeen fans have spent years trying to forget him...

On 30/10/2020 at 00:39, Zapp Brannigan said:

Can only echo what a few others have said about the old firm segments being a bit bloated. I found the stuff about Ferguson particularly disappointing to listen to as some of the stuff being said about him being "desperate to go" and how "Rangers should break the bank to get him" seemed straight out of the Daily Record type gossip.

Having said that I'm also extremely appreciative of all the work the guys do and content they put out and I'm also a Patreon subscriber. I was working away for a large portion of the year earlier and just having a bunch of Scottish guys yapping about football was extremely therapeutic at times.

This is not a slight on Tony as I've never met the guy but his laugh always reminds me of the George Bush imitation on 2DTV. 

Aye a quick skip forward to ignore all the rangers chat. Was a bit superscoreboard. 

Otherwise love the TV show and the podcast. 

Scottish football is singularly the greatest sport in the world so we are lucky we have some people who "get it". 

Edited by jessmagic