A View From The Terrace.

Matty Aitken offered pretty much nothing when he was with us in the first half of last season so I was surprised to see him get another SPFL team let alone be talked up as a key player for a League 2 club as Telfer has done in recent weeks. He looked very dangerous in the clips shown though so fair play to him if he has turned it around.

Watched the late run of the show after midnight last night. 

Missed the previous episode of the series, usually they record but that one didn't. 

I must say I enjoyed it. I've often felt the reason I do is because it's not the same old let's fill the show with as many Old Firm past it fucking diddies like every other Scottish football show.

Another aspect, while people may have some opinions about Darvel themselves the show has always and seems to continue to shed some light on other aspects of football in Scotland. Highland League and Darvel tonight and in previous series countless features about other areas that we'd never hear about as the usual mainstream media are not interested in covering anything else other than 3 clubs. 

Long may it continue. 

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

I love the show but the Darvel segment was infuriating. A well put together segment but as has been mentioned before, they are just blatantly lying about the money they spend. The part where John Gall tried to say they would be fine if he pulled his cash out tomorrow was funny. 

That motherwell song at the end as well - Jesus Christ. 

Edited by Nadroj

13 hours ago, NJ2 said:

The home dressing room is the best in Scotland...it’s better than Kilmarnock’s.
That’s that settled then...

Had to laugh at that as well. It’s just bollocks, Killie have the largest dressing room in Scotland. Pretty much every premier league side has a better changing room than Darvel. 

Just because they have fucked some tacky LED neon lights in it and put down a charging station doesn’t mean their facilities are better than bigger clubs like they constantly make out. 

If they offered their players 50 quid a week none of them would give a f**k about their changing rooms. Money talks, it’s that simple. 

Ian McShane wasn't the brightest when he said that he's been at other clubs and Darvel don't pay as much.

I wouldn't expect them to be paying the sort of wages he was on at Falkirk, St Mirren, Ross County and Queen of the South, but that doesn't mean they're not offering much more wages than other clubs in their league.

Still, I look forward to the fluffing articles that claim Darvel are 'ambitious'.

21 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Joel's comments about Accies fans shows why a programme like this is important. You wouldn't get that insight into a fan's POV from the boys club on Sportsound or any washed-up columnist.

Was a simple but good point. Also on other shows they wouldn't even bother speaking about Hamilton unless it was a 30 second feature of their defensive mistakes or something before a game against the Old Firm kicked off. 

How else can Accies and any fans for that matter show their feelings right now other then social media? 😂

Edited by Mr Positive, sometimes.

11 hours ago, johnnydun said:

In maroon....with S86 on the front?

Telfer keeping the Spirit of 86 alive.

It's 586 (albeit the 5 does look like an S). As I said, it's part of the Adidas Spezial New Order range, 5-8-6 was a song on their 2nd album Power Corruption and Lies.

And replying to whoever said it, yes, £100 isn't a bank breaker for a one off purchase but no way would I be paying that for a polyester Adidas t-shirt.

43 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

It's 586 (albeit the 5 does look like an S). As I said, it's part of the Adidas Spezial New Order range, 5-8-6 was a song on their 2nd album Power Corruption and Lies.

And replying to whoever said it, yes, £100 isn't a bank breaker for a one off purchase but no way would I be paying that for a polyester Adidas t-shirt.

Perfect. 

May '86 it is then.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

Joel's comments about Accies fans shows why a programme like this is important. You wouldn't get that insight into a fan's POV from the boys club on Sportsound or any washed-up columnist.

And he didn't even mention the disgrace that was Annan.

As ever, a great show. I like all the guys on it and don’t care what they wear, how much it costs or what their hair looks like. They've all got a love and knowledge of Scottish football which is usually missing from other programmes about our sport. Keep it coming.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

As ever, a great show. I like all the guys on it and don’t care what they wear, how much it costs or what their hair looks like. They've all got a love and knowledge of Scottish football which is usually missing from other programmes about our sport. Keep it coming.

Agreed. The boys are daft but knowledgeable with good chemistry together. All you need for a good telly show.

“ ‘Chipper’ is a good guy, some of the criticism has been really untoward, Where do Hamilton fans really expect their team to be?!”

Michael Stewart 2021.