A View From The Terrace.

On 03/07/2020 at 09:30, craigkillie said:

This seemed like the best place to post this - Craig Fowler put together a Terrace Podcast special on racism where he interviewed Christian Nade, Sean Clare, Kevin Harper and Marvin Bartley about their experiences within and also outside of football. Obviously I'm not totally unbiased here, but I genuinely think it's one of the best podcasts ever put together by The Terrace and thought some of you might want to listen to it if you haven't already.

http://terracepodcast.net/racism/

Just listened to this.

It was very good.  Hats off to all concerned.

It was long enough to be varied and move beyond the anecdotal, although some of the anecdotes were shocking.  I particularly enjoyed the bit when Fowler asked about all white panels fumbling around with the topic.  Sportsound sprung to mind.

A good listen for anyone playing down the scale and nature of the issue.

On 03/07/2020 at 09:30, craigkillie said:

This seemed like the best place to post this - Craig Fowler put together a Terrace Podcast special on racism where he interviewed Christian Nade, Sean Clare, Kevin Harper and Marvin Bartley about their experiences within and also outside of football. Obviously I'm not totally unbiased here, but I genuinely think it's one of the best podcasts ever put together by The Terrace and thought some of you might want to listen to it if you haven't already.

http://terracepodcast.net/racism/

Finally got round to listening to this today.

Cant recommend it enough. Certainly one of the best things the podcast have done. Well done Fowler.

On a side note, think the SFA would be missing a trick not getting Marvin Bartley in some sort of lead role to tackle racism / inequality in Scottish football. Always comes across really intelligent and articulate and obvisouly sadly has experience of abuse.

Interesting, always good to hear from the other side,so to speak. Always thought the racism was from the terraces, and in social life, rather than inside the clubs. When I played (1980's onwards) we were one of the first clubs to have black players (along with St.Pauls)  some of the greatest people you could ever meet. Happy Days.

23 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

as an aberdonian who lives in glasgow, i would like nothing more than for nobody to speak to me at all in the office. leave me alone instead of spraffing your drivel my way. 

I feel your pain Russ, I also find myself in your predicament.

21 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Interesting, always good to hear from the other side,so to speak. Always thought the racism was from the terraces, and in social life, rather than inside the clubs. When I played (1980's onwards) we were one of the first clubs to have black players (along with St.Pauls)  some of the greatest people you could ever meet. Happy Days.

21 hours ago, johnnydun said:

@Francesc Fabregas 

Do you guys have a return date?

P&B needs to see Jambo tears in the flesh.

Nothing has been confirmed yet but it could be mid-October, when the jobber leagues are up and running.

I haven't seen Craig Fowler or Joel Sked since mid-March but I understand they're both alive and well. They're alive, anyway.

43 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Nothing has been confirmed yet but it could be mid-October, when the jobber leagues are up and running.

I haven't seen Craig Fowler or Joel Sked since mid-March but I understand they're both alive and well. They're alive, anyway.

Excellent news mate, look forward to it.

Yeah, they are probably pre occupied with destroying keyboards on Jambo's Kickback!