A View From The Terrace.

That last minute winner :lol: Thought Burniston had just come on and it was jolly boy jons yankee cousin.

Shame its off for a while. Given their is no football even just a half hour program every week would be handy right now, even if it is just the social media stuff, sketches and suggestions.

2 hours ago, well fan for life said:

Really shite way for the series to end but it was a good laugh. 

I'm all for one big 42 team league after this has sorted itself out. We've had a distinct lack of nonsense away trips in the cups recently so I'm all in. 

Might f**k about with FM editor and make this league. 82 games is a bit much, Maybe just play each other once.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

That last minute winner :lol: Thought Burniston had just come on and it was jolly boy jons yankee cousin.

Shame its off for a while. Given their is no football even just a half hour program every week would be handy right now, even if it is just the social media stuff, sketches and suggestions.

It'll probably become increasingly difficult to even get all the necessary people in the studio.

42 team league, play everyone twice, sack the league cup and challenge cup, have a summer break and play it over a calendar year.

Just think of the scenes when the likes of Hearts, St Mirren, and Kilmarnock end up having to battle their way out of League 1 the season after.

I know there are issues with rights to the actual game footage which means it goes off the iplayer but can we get "best of" shows with the wee features - Arbroath in the Wes Anderson style, the Programme boy from last night, Duncan and Duncan, etc? My wife quite enjoys it and can't stand football normally (she hates it when I watch Match of the Day) so even she would watch that.

36 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Last week.  He was absolutely rightly not 100% committed to it. And it was fucking lovely 

Sakes, must've missed it. 

Are the old episodes online anywhere? Got plenty time here. 

11 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Liked it last night and appreciated the comments they made about how much going to the football means to them. Laughed at the 42 team league but it's not as bad as some of the past reconstructions we have had. 

I think they spoke for us all. Having had a fairly shite time of things in the last 7-8 months when you get that 2-3 hours of going to the football it's pure escapism. Even when Motherwell are shite I still love going along to watch it on a Saturday. 

Argentina within the last decade had a 30 team top division as part of reconstruction. you played everybody once apart from an assigned rival who you played home and away to make it the 30th game eg River vs Boca was played twice. 

Not suggesting at all it should happen but its not as far fetched as initially it might seem. 

The last minute winners this series have all been shite, unfortunately. The one last night was at least something different but f**k me, no, no thank you. 

Argentina fucked that though, pretty sure they did that to stop the bigger teams getting relegated after River went down a year or two before.
Think they are at about 24 teams, relegating 4 and promoting 2 each year

Worth recalling that we were already looking at having some sort of upheaval to the calendar for 21/22 & 22/23 due to the 2022 World Cup taking place in November/December.

Make the 86 game season for the 44 team league (adding Brora and the winner of a Kelty v Bonnyrigg playoff) run to 2022, whether that’s to a May ending with 22/23 having an extended winter break, or up to October with an end for the World Cup and then a half season from January-May 2023.

Just have to make sure the World Cup doesn’t get summer football introduced and we get back to normal for 23/24 once it’s out the way.