A View From The Terrace.

It is definitely filmed during the day on Wednesday. A couple of times they've done an evening record so they can do a bit after the games too, but I'm not sure that was the case this time. On our WhatsApp chat Joel was laughing about the fact that Motherwell's comfortable win had slightly ruined his bit.

Even if they had done a late record, I don't think that bit would have been changed by the Rangers result. The topics are generally decided by the Monday so that they can do their research and the prop person can make up the little bits that they stick on the board.

I was massively star struck seeing some of yer Terrace types swanning about the Sample Rooms before the game today it has to be said - not unlike the time I ran into Nicholas Parsons during the festival one year. 

Filmed after the midweek games but no mention of Accies win. I would have thought that Gerrard was a contender for the Blackhole of Punditry after that shocker.
The piece on Cappielow was up there with the Arbroath feature from last season. 
I almost forgot about my knee surgery from sitting in the stand it was so good.

I was massively star struck seeing some of yer Terrace types swanning about the Sample Rooms before the game today it has to be said - not unlike the time I ran into Nicholas Parsons during the festival one year. 
There was no space to be swanning in there.

1 hour ago, Swello said:

Cannot tell you how disappointed I am to not have met Swello. Please don't let this happen again. 

I like the videos most weeks as well as the studio discussion, but sometimes they feel like 2 different shows.  It’s a fairly minor thing I’d probably like the guys to briefly discuss the subjects in the videos afterwards before jumping into a different subject.

I was thinking that the other day, it wouldn't work all the time but a wee discussion about the best Scots abroad or something could have followed the Lennon piece (some accent on him BTW).

9 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I like the videos most weeks as well as the studio discussion, but sometimes they feel like 2 different shows.  It’s a fairly minor thing I’d probably like the guys to briefly discuss the subjects in the videos afterwards before jumping into a different subject.

I actually quite like the way these impressive wee features are neither introduced, or followed up.  

It kind of stresses their 'otherness', and contributes to the nice sense of understatement that attends them.

On 08/03/2020 at 10:53, MP_MFC said:

I was thinking that the other day, it wouldn't work all the time but a wee discussion about the best Scots abroad or something could have followed the Lennon piece (some accent on him BTW).

Tbf there's an account on twitter that covers the Scots that play outside the UK and Ireland. It's called Scotswatch or something.

Tonight's episode to feature CGT on his own doing 'Isolation' by Joy Division on karaoke, folllwed by 57 minutes of the testcard with Mark Yardley's face photoshopped over the clown IMO