A View From The Terrace.

Thatcher won't be though.

Google’s...
Nope, you’re still right my good man - Thatcher = deid!
Recording is on a Wednesday, but in the past they have recorded late when there have been midweek games on.

Ah spot on, cheers! I thought the nutmeg podcast this week stated Thursday - maybe this was a late midweek one or something.
Any mention of Telfer’s top or how excited he was? Was he on speed? We’re his top and excitement levels normal and it’s me that’s on me speed?

Good show lads, enjoyed the Window segment from Ayr Utd.

Hibs v Aberdeen head to head - Sked showed why he was top of debating class at school jose.png.fad36a46ed4d2e17043a4575b8716774.png

Also, can anyone explain what happened with Ayrs social media, did it get hacked or was that a genuine tweet????

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

Good show lads, enjoyed the Window segment from Ayr Utd.

Hibs v Aberdeen head to head - Sked showed why he was top of debating class at school jose.png.fad36a46ed4d2e17043a4575b8716774.png

Also, can anyone explain what happened with Ayrs social media, did it get hacked or was that a genuine tweet????

Fake tweet

4 hours ago, NJ2 said:

Any mention of Telfer’s top or how excited he was? Was he on speed? We’re his top and excitement levels normal and it’s me that’s on me speed?

Yes, Telfer's top was, as usual, a source of ridicule. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't dabble in drugs so he was probably just very excited. They eat a lot of Haribo on set so maybe it was a sugar rus.

That was pretty good.

The bit at the start when they reflected on events since they were last on, was strong.

Obviously a lot of the programme is based on the mildly amusing exchanges between the guys on it.  However, I'd actually like to see them genuinely discuss issues at times, giving their own opinions.  Instead, the games devised always require them to adopt given stances, rather than promote real ones that reflect outlooks.  While I understand the need for format, I think the blokes are all informed, smart and articulate enough to have actual arguments.

I get the fun of the rhetorical exercise bit, but it's usually set up to go in one direction, by the way one side is crudely characterised.  For example,  a legitimate view about capping numbers of foreign players, was deliberately harnessed to Brexit and portrayed as wildly xenophobic.  Similarly, a case about how the disparity of resources is exacerbated by allowing bigger benches and the fielding of more subs, was undermined by making it a call for no subs.

Genuine debate is therefore extinguished before it starts.   The best of the fanzines combined serious articles alongside irreverent piss taking.  This programme could do both too, but obviously saying so will invite the dear old 'boring' charge.

That was pretty good.
The bit at the start when they reflected on events since they were last on, was strong.
Obviously a lot of the programme is based on the mildly amusing exchanges between the guys on it.  However, I'd actually like to see them genuinely discuss issues at times, giving their own opinions.  Instead, the games devised always require them to adopt given stances, rather than promote real ones that reflect outlooks.  While I understand the need for format, I think the blokes are all informed, smart and articulate enough to have actual arguments.
I get the fun of the rhetorical exercise bit, but it's usually set up to go in one direction, by the way one side is crudely characterised.  For example,  a legitimate view about capping numbers of foreign players, was deliberately harnessed to Brexit and portrayed as wildly xenophobic.  Similarly, a case about how the disparity of resources is exacerbated by allowing bigger benches and the fielding of more subs, was undermined by making it a call for no subs.
Genuine debate is therefore extinguished before it starts.   The best of the fanzines combined serious articles alongside irreverent piss taking.  This programme could do both too, but obviously saying so will invite the dear old 'boring' charge.

Valid point re the debates but I don’t think the show has time to really go in to the full arguments on these points, unless they dedicate the whole show to it.
That's a woman you're talking aboot!

You’re starting to sound like one of them

Quite enjoyed that "the window" section. 

Enjoyed it also, nice bit of insight, and as someone who plays / manages in the top league in Aberdeen amateurs I was not surprised in the slightest that Mark Kerr received an email from some moron thinking they could do a job for them up front. I can assure whoever it was though, that they could not.

Telfer having to go full-brexit to make an argument was a good laugh.

He didn't have to though.
They chose to frame it that way because that made it easier to discredit the argument.

There is no way to frame that argument that makes it difficult to discredit, because it’s a fucking stupid argument, which is of course the whole point of the segment.

23 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

There is no way to frame that argument that makes it difficult to discredit, because it’s a fucking stupid argument, which is of course the whole point of the segment.

It's not "fucking stupid" at all.  It's merely contentious.

In fact it's one that's won the day at times and in places.  Even UEFA had the 8 diddies rule.

Edited by Monkey Tennis