A View From The Terrace.

Ok.
Only two posters on here had objected to the opening section of the show which broadly welcomed the return of the damaging duopoly.  It didn't require a huge leap in that context to assume that your post about people getting apoplectic about the mentions of the OF might relate to those posts. 
If not, I've no idea why you brought it up.  Perhaps you do though.

So you mistakenly thought I was referring to you.

Let’s leave this pointless meeting of minds at that.

6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Are you OK monkey?
Telfer isn't bothered but you clearly are.

To clarify:  Not caring which one wins is appropriate.

Not highlighting that for some, the title race is immaterial because the OF is effectively one entity; because either way a horrible Glasgow club wins; because a two horse race demonstrably makes our game less competitive however, is not.

Anyway, I should maybe leave it.  People swear at me when I highlight any disappointment with elements of this generally quite good programme.

They spent about as much time talking about how fantastic Ali McCann is as they did about the OF, which is once again blatant media distortion in favour of the cheeks. No way they merit the same coverage as young Alistair. 

To their credit they did say that a 2 horse race is better than a 1 horse race, implying that more horses being in the race would be even better, but I don't think it's their remit to comment as to what makes it a 2 horse race in the first place. 

I agree on the 2 Duncans section. It's really, really dull.

Every old firm match thread on here must have 50+ seething posts about how the poster doesn’t care about the old firm.

I’m fully on board with the resentment towards our media/governing bodies’ tunnel vision for two clubs. It’s one of the biggest problems in our game.

Some folk seem to consider less Celtic and Rangers orientated media to be a kind of safe space where it is sacrilege to mention their name. That isn’t the answer and actually makes the ‘lying through their teeth’ comment seem somewhat credible.

9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

To clarify:  Not caring which one wins is appropriate.

Not highlighting that for some, the title race is immaterial because the OF is effectively one entity; because either way a horrible Glasgow club wins; because a two horse race demonstrably makes our game less competitive however, is not.

Anyway, I should maybe leave it.  People swear at me when I highlight any disappointment with elements of this generally quite good programme.

I'm just guessing but talking about the glasga clubs at the start of the show is maybe to do with ratings.
I don't want the show to go off the air, like other fans have said it's more about the rest of Scottish football than the main stream pish.

3 hours ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

To their credit they did say that a 2 horse race is better than a 1 horse race, implying that more horses being in the race would be even better, but I don't think it's their remit to comment as to what makes it a 2 horse race in the first place. 

Yes, but the re-establishment of a 2 Horse race makes the involvement of other horses much less likely.  

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

I'm just guessing but talking about the glasga clubs at the start of the show is maybe to do with ratings.
I don't want the show to go off the air, like other fans have said it's more about the rest of Scottish football than the main stream pish.

Who mentioned taking the programme off the air ffs?

All I did was moan about one part of it and praise 3 others.  People keep arguing with me and if I argue back, I'm ruining the thread.

Weird.

Watched it earlier and really enjoyed it. The Duncan’s both wearing their T-shirt’s was class. Brian Rice looking generally pretty fucked big Dunc is a hibbee amused me. Joel refusing to accept that the Hibs cup win was good made me proud. Stevenson seems a sound c**t (naturally, he’s a Fifer after all). Completely expect them to mention Rangers and Celtic success in Europe and don’t think it was over the top at all.
“The beards well manicured”
“I don’t think it’s a real beard” [emoji23]