A View From The Terrace.

2 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

The criticism they get whenever they're remotely positive about the Old Firm is bizarre. I can't stand either club but I'll never understand the mentality of people who are sufficiently interested in Scottish football to have thousands of posts on this Forum but lose the nut at any sort of mention of the two best teams in the country, or Fowler mentioning that there might be a title race.

It's pretty ridiculous how people can't mantain a healthy and justified hatred of the OF and still acknowledge that in footballing terms they're actually... quite interesting?

I sometimes wonder if some of you hated Schindler's List for pandering to the Nazis or think that Titanic was too sympathetic towards icebergs.

You might not believe it, but theres people with thousands of posts on this forum solely discussing how much they hate the Old Firm.

The irony is lost somewhere...

2 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

The criticism they get whenever they're remotely positive about the Old Firm is bizarre. I can't stand either club but I'll never understand the mentality of people who are sufficiently interested in Scottish football to have thousands of posts on this Forum but lose the nut at any sort of mention of the two best teams in the country, or Fowler mentioning that there might be a title race.

It's pretty ridiculous how people can't mantain a healthy and justified hatred of the OF and still acknowledge that in footballing terms they're actually... quite interesting?

I sometimes wonder if some of you hated Schindler's List for pandering to the Nazis or think that Titanic was too sympathetic towards icebergs.

It's not mentioning them, or even saying that there's a title race that's the problem.

The Nazis aren't actually portrayed in that flattering a light in Schindler's List as I recall.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You lose the anti OF argument if you go apoplectic everytime they get mentioned in the media.

They are the two biggest clubs and that will never change. It’s the balance that needs addressed.

No,  Not just imbalance in terms of coverage.

It's imbalance in the nature of coverage also.  I'm not pretending that the OF shouldn't get mentioned.  I'm saying that the idea of the "title race" being a good thing should be challenged.  It looked like it was going to be but It wasn't.  The best we got was that one lower league fan said he wasn't that bothered.  

If programmes like this don't offer a counter narrative, nobody will.

17 minutes ago, ALJAGS76 said:

Just watching this on catch up. That Lewis Stevenson bit reminds you everything that makes you love football.

I probably watched at the same time as you - and agreed entirely, Lewie is a cracking lad, very humble and one of the nicest people in football. Not brought up as a Hibs fan, but he knew exactly what it meant to us. 

Great touch that the first thing he did was to shake Kenny Millers hand, that is LS all over.

Very funny quotes about Conrad Logan too 😁

Hibs retweeted a picture of the guys with Fowler and Sked in Hibs T-shirts - a collectors item !!

No,  Not just imbalance in terms of coverage.
It's imbalance in the nature of coverage also.  I'm not pretending that the OF shouldn't get mentioned.  I'm saying that the idea of the "title race" being a good thing should be challenged.  It looked like it was going to be but It wasn't.  The best we got was that one lower league fan said he wasn't that bothered.  
If programmes like this don't offer a counter narrative, nobody will.

I wasn’t responding to anything you said, I haven’t even seen the clip.

There are people on this site who are blinded by hatred of all things OF. That is a fact.

3 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

For the show to be the Old Firm Schindler’s list they’d have to follow the travails of an unscathed plastic seat or an unstolen banner at Firhill after one of their visits.

18 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You lose the anti OF argument if you go apoplectic everytime they get mentioned in the media.

They are the two biggest clubs and that will never change. It’s the balance that needs addressed.

No it’s their continued existence that needs addressed.

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Are you speaking for everyone on the site or are you assuming I’m referring to you again?

I'm suggesting that hatred of the OF illuminates rather than blinds.

I suppose I'm referring to me and those who see things similarly.  In future, do you want me to sign my posts or something?

12 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I suppose I'm referring to me and those who see things similarly.  In future, do you want me to sign my posts or something?

Please just f**k off. You've turned a thread with one post about the OF, talking about a show that spent about 5 minutes of a hour long episode talking about the OF, into a multi-page thread where the only thing discussed is the OF.

You do this constantly in some bizarre belief you're some battler against the tide, despite the fact you're actively forcing the OF into everyones thoughts every single day by making multiple posts about all them over this section of the forum, every single day.

None of us give a f**k about them, we all want them to f**k off and, at best, just die, so stop making every thread possible a discussion about them. You're just doing what MJC does and using the OF to get yourself noticed, its pathetic.

Edited by RandomGuy.

18 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

37 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The best we got was that one lower league fan said he wasn't that bothered.  

So taking Telfer's stance is off the table?

Edited by wastecoatwilly

Quite an odd response. I have no love for the OF, you know this. But some lose all rationality over the issue, you know that too.

The last question is bizarre, you responded to me as if my original post was addressing you, when actually nothing I’ve said had anything to do with you.

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Quite an odd response. I have no love for the OF, you know this. But some lose all rationality over the issue, you know that too.

The last question is bizarre, you responded to me as if my original post was addressing you, when actually nothing I’ve said had anything to do with you.

Ok.

Only two posters on here had objected to the opening section of the show which broadly welcomed the return of the damaging duopoly.  It didn't require a huge leap in that context to assume that your post about people getting apoplectic about the mentions of the OF might relate to those posts. 

If not, I've no idea why you brought it up.  Perhaps you do though.