A View From The Terrace.

I did the tour of Hampden / SFA museum the year Rangers were in the third division and the guy said when they played QP that was the first time at the rebuilt Hampden they'd used the away dressing room, something to do with the team buses from Ibrox / Parkhead coming from the west / east side of the ground, I think they park under the stadium now.

Think Celtic always use the away dressing room for the same reason even if the opposition are coming from further East.

49 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Again, Scottish football is geared towards the Old Firm* but this is not true. 

It's definitely not true. They let teams pick songs they want for pre-match, goal music, full-time, trophy lifts etc. They played Paper Roses for us when we won the cup, and played Rihanna's "We Found Love", at the trophy lift, which was an in joke for the players at the time.

11 hours ago, craigkillie said:

It's definitely not true. They let teams pick songs they want for pre-match, goal music, full-time, trophy lifts etc. They played Paper Roses for us when we won the cup, and played Rihanna's "We Found Love", at the trophy lift, which was an in joke for the players at the time.

‘We found love in a hopeless place’. Bit harsh on the town of Kilmarnock imo.

On 03/11/2019 at 07:22, PauloPerth said:

Are you sure about this?  By your argument, at the 2014 league cup final between Aberdeen and Inverness you'd only allow a crowd of 18,000, instead of the 51000 that wanted to go?

I think it should always be a 50/50 split initially, but if a team cant sell it out then the tickets should be available to folk that want to go.

On 03/11/2019 at 07:36, thisGRAEME said:

Ultimately, this is very much a cutting nose/spite face bit, given that ticket revenue is split, in the end, nah? It also ends up looking terrible with big empty spaces. 

For me, 'how many fans are there' is pretty low on the list of advantages Rangers/Celtic have in a Hampden game against us.

Yes, this is the sensible answer.

It can hurt pride a bit when you're significantly outnumbered at Hampden but you kind of just need to suck it up. Plus the league cup semi last year was absolutely magic at Fergusons winner with 30k Rangers fans absolutely silenced.

We have benefited from this too, the 2014 league cup, even the semi final at Tynecastle would have lost so much of the day if we'd been forced to only get 9-10k tickets or whatever. 

On 03/11/2019 at 09:05, RandomGuy. said:

Apparently...

I'm still not sure we've recieved our money from winning it, and even then it was less than Rangers and Celtic received from the Semis/Final, that season...

I'd check the Scrooge McDuck vault behind the picture of Nick Dasovic in hospitality, three twists left, two to the right, I reckon you'd find it there.

15 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You're reluctant to address any of them though, shrugging over European income too, because the OF have always won the league in your lifetime anyway.

Each element of the vile scale of advantage is accepted in isolation, because there are so many others.  The result is the shit we've again got.

Happy to share my thoughts on them, tbh. I dunno what else I'd be able to do to "address them" as such. 

On European income, I'm not entirely sure where you'd even start with that, but European income has skewed pretty much every European league enormously, in the same way the Premier League money has broken the English leagues as well. I'd suggest this is something that needs addressing continent-wide rather than being Scottish, but I'm not entirely sure 'Give up loads of your money' is going to gain much traction with the clubs that wield a disproportionate amount of the money.

15 hours ago, Andre Bo said:

I quite like Craig Telfer's Palace gear. It's cool.

Great that we now know Telfer's burner account as well.

On ‎03‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 20:12, G-MAN said:

That’s never been done for any other club nor the NT in the numerous times I’ve been to Hampden over the years.

Just to add to the evidence that this is bollocks, Beautiful Sunday was played after our goals in the 2010 Scottish Cup final.

35 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

Just to add to the evidence that this is bollocks, Beautiful Sunday was played after our goals in the 2010 Scottish Cup final.

25 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Yip.

They also played Love is in the Air and Put Your Hands Up (for John Daly Detroit)

This is all true. Clubs submit what they want played, and as long as it's okayed by the police, it'll be played. 

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

This is all true. Clubs submit what they want played, and as long as it's okayed by the police, it'll be played. 

We got Twist and Shout at the end of our semi wins a couple of years back - we never scored in the finals to see what would happen....

I did the tour of Hampden / SFA museum the year Rangers were in the third division and the guy said when they played QP that was the first time at the rebuilt Hampden they'd used the away dressing room, something to do with the team buses from Ibrox / Parkhead coming from the west / east side of the ground, I think they park under the stadium now.
Think Celtic always use the away dressing room for the same reason even if the opposition are coming from further East.

I did the same tour circa 2008 and was told exactly that, probably from the same boy tbh. I can’t remember anything about the dressing rooms but certainly heard the same thing about Rangers and Celtic’s buses coming from the west and east side of the ground respectively. I’m sure I’ve noticed since then that their fans always have the same end of the stadium, with surplus supporters spilling into the ‘other’ end if they’re playing a team with fewer fans.

On 03/11/2019 at 07:36, thisGRAEME said:

Ultimately, this is very much a cutting nose/spite face bit, given that ticket revenue is split, in the end, nah? It also ends up looking terrible with big empty spaces. 

For me, 'how many fans are there' is pretty low on the list of advantages Rangers/Celtic have in a Hampden game against us.

Yep, didn't make any difference to us when we beat Hibs 2-0 in the 2004 cup final, they had 30 odd thousand to our 8 or 9 thousand. Feck we give Sevco and Celtic three stands when we play them at home and still managed to get results against them in 3 of the 5 games we played them at home last season and this season.  Granted we're used to being outnumbered home and away.:lol::ph34r: