A View From The Terrace.

The groundhopper guys were interesting but it's something I'm totally unable to get my head around. I like going to a neutral game if Motherwell aren't playing or am I'm in the town already but to actively follow football to tick off grounds rather than supporting a team is just a bizzare way to view the sport imo.  

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

The groundhopper guys were interesting but it's something I'm totally unable to get my head around. I like going to a neutral game if Motherwell aren't playing or am I'm in the town already but to actively follow football to tick off grounds rather than supporting a team is just a bizzare way to view the sport imo.  

They were fixture chasers as opposed to groundhoppers. Not quite the same thing.

For me I want to go to every ground that I can (but Utd comes first). Also well worth getting the Groundhopper app as well, class one that is.

Edited by ArabAuslander

Sked's arguments about semi final tickets can f**k so far off.

Horrendous pandering and arse tonguing of the highest order that ignores pretty much all of the reasons that such situations can arise and ignored why Celtic and Sevco could fill unsold seats but ignored why this shouldn't happen.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Horrendous pandering and arse tonguing of the highest order that ignores pretty much all of the reasons that such situations can arise and ignored why Celtic and Sevco could fill unsold seats but ignored why this shouldn't happen.

I would agree with you if it was Motherwell or Killie selling a few thousand tickets and having to hand some back, but Hearts and Hibs are supposedly the 4th and 5th biggest clubs in Scotland, and get about 15k every week for league matches, so it's fairly embarrassing for them to sell less than 10k for a cup semi final. Goes to show, yet again, that Edinburgh is not a football city.

I'm going tomorrow and I 100% agree with him. Absolutely shite effort from both supports regardless of form.

14 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Watching it now and Sked was making the same point I was saying to someone the other day. Its absolute horse shite to say it means more to the likes of Hearts and Hibs but at the same can’t be arsed turning up for a semi final.

There is still a bit of skulduggery going on with Celtic tickets,supposed to be a ballot with semi's and finals but the same guys get tickets.

9 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

There is still a bit of skulduggery going on with Celtic tickets,supposed to be a ballot with semi's and finals but the same guys get tickets.

This semifinal is the first since deila days that season ticket holders can get one one no bother (cheers Hibs!). Affiliation tickets have been getting cut in recent years for more HCTS priority and its one of those ones where once you get in your sound as you get the points* for the games that everyone wants but cant get so you stay ahead. An old guy who goes to my gym is in the investors club (cant mind the name of it) but basically can always get extra tickets which is a fucking joke (unless Im stuck and he sorts me out).

* I say points but its not an open system. Would love it we did have an open one where you could see exactly what your points were and what you are entitled to.

39 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

My heart bleeds for the Celtic fans, reaching a final or semi final could be a once in a lifetime thing. 

For half the diddy fans at the final it would be once in a lifetime thing actually seeing their team play in the flesh. Means more though Im sure.