A View From The Terrace.

3 hours ago, eez-eh said:

The steak pies you get at the catering units in the main stand (not the greasy food vans on the terrace) are quality to be fair. There’s proper gravy and veg in them and everything (I know right).

I haven’t had one in a while but despite being tasty enough I found Killie pies were often much over-seasoned and were best served with a complimentary gallon of water.

The last time I was at Somerset was when we played you in the League Cup a few years ago, and there only seemed to be the greasy food van in the away end, so didn’t have the pleasure of one of your proper pies.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Steak and Chorizo indeed! You haven’t had one? Seriously? I can understand if you are vegetarian or vegan, but otherwise that’s mental.

I live about two minutes from the stadium, so dont really bother having a pie usually as it's fairly expensive in comparison to what I could eat at home.

When I do get a pie, I usually completely forget to ask for anything other than just a pie.

I'm not one of the people that think the podcasts gone downhill recently, but the recent Top 50 Scotland games stuff has been a great addition. I imagine the feature will change as they go down the list and have more to talk about but I really enjoy the bizzare sordid segues that are currently springing off.

41 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I live about two minutes from the stadium, so dont really bother having a pie usually as it's fairly expensive in comparison to what I could eat at home.

When I do get a pie, I usually completely forget to ask for anything other than just a pie.

Ok, that’s a good reason, I’d do the same. We always park in Castle View when Aberdeen visit, hope I’m not parking outside your front door.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

The last time I was at Somerset was when we played you in the League Cup a few years ago, and there only seemed to be the greasy food van in the away end, so didn’t have the pleasure of one of your proper pies.

Still the same. There's no catering windows in the away end, just the noted greasy food fan.

Poor stuff, but always makes me smile due to an amusing incident with it.

We played Ayr at Somerset not long after the helicopter crash at the Clutha Vaults, and there was a minute's silence before the game. About 10 seconds in all I could hear was a shrill shriek of 'ONIONS?!' as one of the ladies serving in the van was enquiring of a customer. I don't know if they did get onions in their burger but for the remainder of the silence I was holding in laughter and have never been so relieved for a silence to end!

21 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Still the same. There's no catering windows in the away end, just the noted greasy food fan.

Poor stuff, but always makes me smile due to an amusing incident with it.

We played Ayr at Somerset not long after the helicopter crash at the Clutha Vaults, and there was a minute's silence before the game. About 10 seconds in all I could hear was a shrill shriek of 'ONIONS?!' as one of the ladies serving in the van was enquiring of a customer. I don't know if they did get onions in their burger but for the remainder of the silence I was holding in laughter and have never been so relieved for a silence to end!

The positive of the greasy food van is that you can go for something to eat at any time during the match and still watch what’s happening on the pitch.

Just caught up on Friday's. I thought it was a pretty weak Duncan and Duncan segment compared to the usual high standards, normally there's a bit more about the people whose job Duncan is doing, maybe the pie stall girls weren't as up for it.

I have never once associated A LIttle Respect with Falkirk, every day a school day.

Other than that, usual good stuff.

On 05/10/2019 at 12:15, Desp said:

I quite enjoyed that cover at the end, tbf. Highlight of the show was the bit about the Gers Live stuff. Genius :lol:

I'm absolutely not having the football vlogger stuff. With Shaughan on that I couldn't sit near one of them. 100% VL's to a man. 

I just wanted to bring this to the thread