A View From The Terrace.

The orcs outside that shop :lol: 

The boy’s inability to hold the microphone within a meter of the interviewee’s mouth is exceptional, and verging on mesmerising to watch.
That cover at the end was absolutely brilliant. Had in my head all morning.
Also the lead singer is absolutely dreamy.
Livingston play that exceptional 'Come on Livingston' one before games.
I'd buy an album of these covers/songs. Not been a bad one yet! 

Aye, I really enjoyed it as well. I don’t know if this was a conscious effort but I don’t think they needed to shy away from saying it was a Celtic song/they’re Celtic fans. I’m sure most weeks’ artists say what team they support.

Worth bearing in mind that it’s a great platform for a lot of lesser-known artists to get their music out there so hard to be negative about that aspect of it.

13 hours ago, TavTastic said:

The most recent podcast was very good imo. Better than the week before. Graeme is loving it right now and yeah not every player from the highlands is a Ross Tokely clone!

Thank you pal, and yes, I'm broadly having the time of my life.

On 07/10/2019 at 17:40, Busta Nut said:

On the Vloggers. I am not having them either. Unless they have a dedicated camera man focusing on them for 90 mins I don't think they can get a natural reaction. Seen them stop to get their phone/camera out and then go mental. Enjoy the fitba. then go home and do your vlog/podcast. Recording yourself at the fitba should get you on the shortlist of a suspected sex offenders list.

The minute something is observed, it's altered.

That can be multiplied when someone is pointing a phone at themselves to film a 'reaction'.  What we then get is not a reaction to the goal, sending off etc.  Instead we get a reaction to the presence of the recording device ie. a performance.

3 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Ross Tokely is still playing football in the region, for St Duthus in Tain.  Imagine being the nippy inside-forward coming up against this:

Reveal hidden contents

330px-Ross_Tokely_playing_for_St_Duthus_

I play Left Wing for my team and we were meant to have had a friendly against them the other week, I am certain I was getting sent in to orbit if the game went ahead.

On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 13:14, DA Baracus said:

That cover at the end was absolutely brilliant. Had in my head all morning.

I couldn't disagree more,  I thought it was awful.

Celtic have ruined that song for me. :(

Living abroad, I haven't been able to keep up with the TV show. 

However, as a few others have mentioned, sadly the quality of the podcast is definitely falling... I really enjoyed it last season but some of the most recent installments have been pretty dull; and the few comments about the Simon Ferry podcast and about him being "washed up" just made me cringe.

Hi everyone,

Just a quick thank you for those who watch the show and listen to the podcast, and to ask you guys to vote in our Most Memorable Scotland matches poll? We'll be using this to start a top 50 countdown that will run on the free-to-air podcast all throughout this season and continue into next.

Here's the link - https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSegjmrZHmbeVYQyBpuzAfcK2FTvTrm-eJ70-q0NmB-RXOnyZg/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1

And, in case anyone was wondering, "memorable" doesn't have to mean a positive result. You can also pick a match outwith your lifetime if you think it deserves to get in the top 50.

Thanks again,

Craig F

The Simon Ferry stuff was justifiable, open goal is cringe worthy, has bad production and abysmal audio quality, Paul Slane and Kevin Kyle are totally lacking in charisma.

The interview podcasts he does are good even if the format and the banter are predictable.

I had a post a bit further up in this thread about how I did enjoy a bit of both, however, the open goal podcast has got so wearing I never listen to it any more. Slaney's humour soon became same-ish and unbearable (despite the fact I said further up the thread that I found him funny despite not wanting too) and sometimes you feel he's treated by the others as a performing monkey. The clip of him pouring drinks on himself, dressed as a referee, at the fringe looked like absolute hell on earth. I do like some of the interviews, but it is all down to how the interviewees make the most of the template of questions. I don't think Ferry is a great interview, the key point is that players seem to trust him interviewing them. I guess with that trust means he never asks many pressing questions.

I've never really listened to the terrace podcast regularly before, but the TV programme has been spot on. Was a bit laboured the first week or two, but all the guys seem to have grown into their roles. The features have been the highlight for me.

For me, the only common ground they seem to share is the fact they are about football, the rest seems almost polar opposite, so I don't see why either needs to make snide remarks about the other.

10 hours ago, arab_joe said:

Living abroad, I haven't been able to keep up with the TV show. 

However, as a few others have mentioned, sadly the quality of the podcast is definitely falling... I really enjoyed it last season but some of the most recent installments have been pretty dull; and the few comments about the Simon Ferry podcast and about him being "washed up" just made me cringe.

Saw this post when I made my own.

For any listeners reading this, if you believe the standard of the pod is falling, can you give me some reasons why? And anything you'd like to see introduced?

Obviously we're a bit more stretched these days but I'd hate to think we're taking our eyes off the thing that got us to where we are.

Cheers

Craig F

Saw this post when I made my own.
For any listeners reading this, if you believe the standard of the pod is falling, can you give me some reasons why? And anything you'd like to see introduced?
Obviously we're a bit more stretched these days but I'd hate to think we're taking our eyes off the thing that got us to where we are.
Cheers
Craig F

Let Accies1874 on