A View From The Terrace.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

An ok episode - last week's was better.

Some good chat at the start, followed by an excellent Gary Kenneth feature.  The Dobbie bit was alright, but didn't really communicate much.

The Rangers TV part was too affectionate, while the musical bit at the end was obviously a nauseating Celtic reference.  Add that to a defence of trickle down economics with regard to when Celtic reach the Champions' League, and we perhaps have grounds for concern re editorial direction.

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Jeezo, what do you want them to do you, explicitly rip the pish out of members of the public on national TV?

They've done songs for a variety of teams playing in the SPFL. Celtic are a team in the SPFL.

The whole point of the clubs in Europe debate was to present conflicting viewpoints. 

They're treating the Old Firm like any other club in the structure. That's exactly what we should be looking for - parity. Just because they aren't routinely panning Rangers and Celtic doesn't mean they're pandering to suit a 'mainstream' agenda, as you are alluding to.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I think they should directly oppose that mainstream agenda.

I don't want the OF treated like "any other club". If considered at all, they should be treated as the cancerous force they are.

That is all.

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

That's quite sad tbh. I hate the Old Firm and there are plenty of things to pan them on, but a Friday night magazine show which is light hearted and focuses largely on football on the pitch is maybe not the vehicle to "directly oppose" a "cancerous force".

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I  don't see a big jam of traffic that would serve that purpose though.

Anyway, I'm just presenting a conflicting viewpoint.

1 hour ago, NJ2 said:

Yeah, anti-OF about the countries two biggest clubs would definitely get broadcast on national tv...?
The Gers TV bit was funny, it was light hearted ribbing of Simon Live, and the potentially unhinged (shoots n shirtsh n tiesh boy) without ever getting personal, the way it should be. The song at the end was a decent cover I thought tbh.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Yes get it off the air because they talk about the glasga two too much.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

They dont have to be anti OF. All they have to do is not pander disproportionately to them and that puts them above all available football content in Scotland. And that is exactly what they do.

Its stupid to kick up at any mention of the two clubs. Call them on their shit. Talk about them proportionately and theres no issue.

Cant say I have ever noticed anything even close to an issue over this subject on wither the podcast or the tv show.

I hope it stays that way and have seen nothing to suggest it wont.

I've not said or implied that though, or anything like it.

Instead I highlighted a couple of irritating features in a programme I think is quite good.  The response doing so provokes, is a little puzzling.

Yes, probably fair.

I was irritated by the 'trickle down' bit though.  I get the idea that these sections are about raising contentious views, and that one was opposed by somebody.  As they said themselves though, they didn't really bust that myth at all, instead devoting more attention to supporting it.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Monkey you said directly oppose meaning never mention them, editorial cut again your hatred is shining through.
Your posts are predictable like the tarts fan who doesn't change his cloths and wants to pick sevco every week to win the Brophy trophy.

Monkey Tennis: "I despise the Old Firm, nobody should ever mention them and anyone who does is an OF sympathiser!"

Monkey Tennis: Go into a thread about a TV show and start a debate solely talking about the Old Firm.

He doesnt even see the fucking irony.

That cover at the end was absolutely brilliant. Had in my head all morning.

Also the lead singer is absolutely dreamy.

Livingston play that exceptional 'Come on Livingston' one before games.

I'd buy an album of these covers/songs. Not been a bad one yet! 

Edited by DA Baracus

34 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Monkey Tennis: "I despise the Old Firm, nobody should ever mention them and anyone who does is an OF sympathiser!"

Monkey Tennis: Go into a thread about a TV show and start a debate solely talking about the Old Firm.

He doesnt even see the fucking irony.

Gosh you went to lots of effort there, to say something so facile.

I'm obviously being a bit of an arse here, running with my OF moan at Craig that went down so well the other day. 

There's a point in there though.  I see utter contempt for the OF as a logical extension and necessary component of being a diddy fan.  It's therefore disappointing when intelligent, insightful and articulate diddy fans see it otherwise.  It's a pretty legitimate outlook I'd have thought, but apparently not.  

I don't know quite how many times I have to say I like the programme, before people stop going nuts each time I make some sort of criticism, but I'll live with it.

6 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

That cover at the end was absolutely brilliant. Had in my head all morning.

Also the lead singer is absolutely dreamy.

Livingston play that exceptional 'Come on Livingston' one before games.

I'd buy an album of these covers/songs. Not been a bad one yet! 

You’re a real strange person. 

I got a bovril at Somerset today and was surprised and delighted to see Duncan and Duncan doing their thing.

He got a 30p tip from the guy in front of me which I commented on (not that I was trying to get on the telly or nothing...no sireee).

20 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Gosh you went to lots of effort there, to say something so facile.

It would literally take a couple of minutes max to fish out some quotes proving you are an obsessed bore.

To be fair you aren't the only one who's done this  but you know you have lost an argument when you are slagging someone for digging up some of your posts, especially ones so recent. It’s hard to argue against your own statements but its pathetic to have a go at someone for bringing it up. 

Edited by gannonball

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

It would literally take a couple of minutes max to fish out some quotes proving you are an obsessed bore.

To be fair you aren't the only one who's done this  but you know you have lost an argument when you are slagging someone for digging up some of your posts, especially ones so recent. It’s hard to argue against your own statements but its pathetic to have a go at someone for bringing it up. 

More than half the posts weren't mine.  The point was that his point was quite without any point.  That's the point.

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Just to extend on the point about the Old Firm being involved, the section with Gers TV was fantastic. Not a single thing wrong with its inclusioin.

A regular feature shoorley? 

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Thinking of starting a podcast where all I do for an hour is call Old Firm fans c***s and accurately report Falkirk attendances. I'd have one guaranteed listener at least.

Nah, the presenter would be offputting.

On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 12:15, Desp said:

I quite enjoyed that cover at the end, tbf. Highlight of the show was the bit about the Gers Live stuff. Genius :lol:

I'm absolutely not having the football vlogger stuff. With Shaughan on that I couldn't sit near one of them. 100% VL's to a man. 

On ‎05‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 12:37, Muzza81 said:

But what was genius about it? It’s just recycling twitter patter. Sure it’s funny but it’s hardly genius or cutting edge stuff. 

Don’t have an issue with Vloggers. If that’s how people want to experience the game so what. Is it any worse than people doing a podcast about Scottish football? It’s just a different medium. 

On the Vloggers. I am not having them either. Unless they have a dedicated camera man focusing on them for 90 mins I don't think they can get a natural reaction. Seen them stop to get their phone/camera out and then go mental. Enjoy the fitba. then go home and do your vlog/podcast. Recording yourself at the fitba should get you on the shortlist of a suspected sex offenders list.

10 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

On the Vloggers. I am not having them either. Unless they have a dedicated camera man focusing on them for 90 mins I don't think they can get a natural reaction. Seen them stop to get their phone/camera out and then go mental. Enjoy the fitba. then go home and do your vlog/podcast. Recording yourself at the fitba should get you on the shortlist of a suspected sex offenders list.

It’s 100% not natural and I’ll never watch it but some do so I’d let them get on with it.

Im sure many would say recording a Scottish football podcast is sex offender register worthy as well tbf. Swings and roundabouts - also a place where sex offenders hang out, ironically. 

1 minute ago, Muzza81 said:

It’s 100% not natural and I’ll never watch it but some do so I’d let them get on with it.

Im sure many would say recording a Scottish football podcast is sex offender register worthy as well tbf. Swings and roundabouts - also a place where sex offenders hang out, ironically. 

hahaha!

I get what you are saying but this is far to "on the fence".