A View From The Terrace.

Duncan needs to practice his lines in a dodgy pub toilet plus for a self respecting tarts fan his T-shirt would go down like Romanov's submarine.
I didn't know a dead George Micheal was a livvy fan.
It was a decent show only seen 5 or 6 episodes hope it comes back.
Image result for confetti cannon gif

Open Goal stuff is awful.
Some of the interviews can be great as mentioned. The stuff with Paul Slane is fucking awful. He's about as funny as AIDs

AVFTT is fucking great. The lads are all fucking great anaw. It's always great for fitba insight to the lower leagues and it's funny.
Project unicorn and Telfer's Jumpers are the only negatives

Edited by Busta Nut

I will most likely get slated for this, but just watched last night's episode (first full episode) and thought it was really poor. In comparison to the shit coverage we normally get of Scottish football it might look decent but I was totally underwhelmed. 

I absolutely loved the Arbroath film I saw before, the title music is immense and liked a couple of other things I saw so really disappointed.

Thought the main presenters deliberate, stilted delivery is really awkward and amateur. The "banter" is cringeworthy, try hard and reminiscent of top gear "hahaha he just hit the boyata index board over. BANTER!" with over the top laughing. Felt totally self-indulgent, like the worst of soccer AM.  Didn't think the chat was that insightful either (the rangers in league 2 part for example). The Two Duncan's part was pointless, Watt to Watch dreadful and the project unicorn thing is possibly the worst thing I've ever seen on TV. Even worse than Jermaine Jenas. 

On a positive, it IS good to hear the lower leagues discussed. Maybe it will improve next season but at the moment it felt like a self-congatulatory student project that would be roundly slated on here if the produced by the morons at the record or whatever. 

2 minutes ago, JMDP said:

I will most likely get slated for this, but just watched last night's episode (first full episode) and thought it was really poor. In comparison to the shit coverage we normally get of Scottish football it might look decent but I was totally underwhelmed. 

I absolutely loved the Arbroath film I saw before, the title music is immense and liked a couple of other things I saw so really disappointed.

Thought the main presenters deliberate, stilted delivery is really awkward and amateur. The "banter" is cringeworthy, try hard and reminiscent of top gear "hahaha he just hit the boyata index board over. BANTER!" with over the top laughing. Felt totally self-indulgent, like the worst of soccer AM.  Didn't think the chat was that insightful either (the rangers in league 2 part for example). The Two Duncan's part was pointless, Watt to Watch dreadful and the project unicorn thing is possibly the worst thing I've ever seen on TV. Even worse than Jermaine Jenas. 

On a positive, it IS good to hear the lower leagues discussed. Maybe it will improve next season but at the moment it felt like a self-congatulatory student project that would be roundly slated on here if the produced by the morons at the record or whatever. 

They're still doing the Boyata Index?  Tony Watt still doing his film reviews?  Still laughing at everything they say?

No thanks.

There are some fair points in here but holy shit you're a very harsh critic. There's some genuinely funny bits in every show, and they're speaking about Scottish football in a way that isn't heard anywhere else in TV.

I don't find their chat cringey in the slightest, but some of the segments are hit and miss. The Two Duncans is one of the best things in TV at the moment.

Very harsh criticism there and no surprise to see its your first episode. The presenters style is amateur? Well he hasn't done TV presenting before....
Agree with Watt to Watch though.

The Tony Watt segments are dreadful, especially that intro. Just because you know your lines Tony, doesn't make you a good presenter. Put a bit of life into it! However overall, having watched all but one episode, a very good show. I take it they didn't know they were getting a second series until filming stopped?

42 minutes ago, JMDP said:

What a load of tosh, clearly if you are watching it for the first time after 12 episodes then you dont really like Scottish football, I would suggest rugby

So glad that AVFTT has got Kyle absolutely fuming, empty headed numpty only watched and tweeted about the last episode because it's taken him 13 weeks to learn how to watch TV and type at the same time. 

I'm a little annoyed that they didn't mention that Rangers made a DVD of their 3rd Division triumph.

18 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This is just weird.

I made one post on it a while ago.  What I said was accurate.

Since then, a few posters have had a go at me for it, variously suggesting I've got worked up, or twisted my knickers.  Seriously, get a grip of yourselves.

This is a good programme that marks a welcome departure.  The idea that it's therefore above reproach however, is faintly ridiculous.

Jesus f**k.  I've got no issue with people criticising a TV show, I was laughing at how very on brand it was for you to get pedantic over a completely pointless mistake. I'd have said the same thing if it was Packie Bonner or Hugh Keevins you were calling out.

Feel like you maybe don't understand the personalities of them very well. I'm biased listened to podcasts for years but when you get to know them understand the banter a lot more. All good guys and a lot of it is just a piss take and exaggerated

I'm sure they're definitely not going to take the piss out of Kevin Kyle in series 2 now.

Hope both shows just keep doing what they're doing and don't bother about the other. They're both good in their own way

Have a feeling open goal is gonna start over doing it with Slane though

2 hours ago, Owsley said:

The Tony Watt segments are dreadful, especially that intro. Just because you know your lines Tony, doesn't make you a good presenter. Put a bit of life into it! 

Image result for that's the joke gif

The only major miss so far was the Project Unicorn film, which was a diabolical waste of everyone's time. It's really not the show's fault if statto dweebs like the above find material whooshing far over their head tbh.