A View From The Terrace.

15 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It reminded me a lot of that 'Dreamland' book by Graham McColl which I made the mistake of reading after some pillock on here recommended it.

I can imagine that the Qatar sequence was fun to put together, but it served no purpose.

You give hope a bad name,I'd bet you still think Queens could go down.

1 hour ago, RussellAnderson said:

Excited to see how the Qatar bit ends. It’s something different and they have to be applauded for it.

As soon as I saw the brackets for the Last 16 I couldn't see them doing anything other than England v Scotland in the final.

Edited by LiviLion

It reminded me a lot of that 'Dreamland' book by Graham McColl which I made the mistake of reading after some pillock on here recommended it.
I can imagine that the Qatar sequence was fun to put together, but it served no purpose.

It was just a wee entertainment section for a tv programme. I enjoyed it anyway.

There's nothing like waking up still half cut on Saturday morning, rolling out of my bed onto my computer and watching it via the BBC iplayer.

the chat about football stickers made me remember when I was one sticker short of completing the album in 1994/1995 season. Sent of to Panini for the one I just couldn't get (Tosh McKinlay) only to get Peter Grant instead. I never completed the book and to this day I've never forgiven them.

14 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

I must say I thought tonight's episode was the weakest - probably because there's less football to talk about, so it's hardly surprising. It did feel like there was a lot less VTs and a lot more in the studio chat. The Qatar 2022 piece was really enjoyable - especially once I clocked it was a few of the people from Scot Squad.

One worrying thing I saw was the viewing figures. The BBC has finally released the figures for BBC Scotland for the last three weeks and AVFTT doesn't come in the top 15 - which means it has less than 35,000 viewers per episode. These figures might only be for the first broadcast itself and not include the iPlayer figs or the BBC One repeat, but still not great. 

Obviously, I hope it gets a Season 2 - and the fact it was given an extension shows that the Commission people at BBC Scotland think they're doing something right.

If the BBC didn't commission it I'm sure they could just do a crowdfund and go straight to Youtube. Ironic thing is they'd get much higher viewing numbers on Youtube than BBC anyway, even when Iplayer is added. Look at the views for Si Ferry hour long interviews on Youtube, no way would they get the same numbers on BBC.

Sounds like Martin Woods ex Dundee (thank f**k) took exception to Joel Sked’s criticism of him badly and started sending him DM’s on Twitter, the fitting finale to their 1st series on tv has to be a boxing match between the pair. 

Sked would be sitting shiting himself in his shit tshirt at the thought!

Sounds like Martin Woods ex Dundee (thank f**k) took exception to Joel Sked’s criticism of him badly and started sending him DM’s on Twitter, the fitting finale to their 1st series on tv has to be a boxing match between the pair. 
Sked would be sitting shiting himself in his shit tshirt at the thought!
Martin Woods can f**k himself.

#teamsked

#teamsked as well but Martin would get his 2nd win of the season [emoji14]

I wouldn’t recognise Martin Woods if I passed him in the street but if one of you can point him out to me I’m happy to give him a lickin’ on behalf of #teamsked
Is Martin Woods quite a hard boy? I may need to reconsider if so.

5 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

I wouldn’t recognise Martin Woods if I passed him in the street but if one of you can point him out to me I’m happy to give him a lickin’ on behalf of #teamsked

Dont worry m9. Iv got this. 

You just get the T in. 

Football geeks will be free to wear dinosaur t shirts, free from oppresiom from jobbers like Martin Woods as long as I draw breath.

Dont worry m9. Iv got this. 
You just get the T in. 
Football geeks will be free to wear dinosaur t shirts, free from oppresiom from jobbers like Martin Woods as long as I draw breath.

Ah! So he’s a wee fella? Would be unfair if a tall 5ft something guy like myself sorted him out. You do the business, I’ll look after the pinTs.

2 hours ago, NJ2 said:

Is he quite a hard boy, you ask?  Well, he might be if you are offering to give him a lickin'

Is he quite a hard boy, you ask?  Well, he might be if you are offering to give him a lickin'

Excuse me, the honour of Hearts, Tennent’s and dinosaur fan Joel Sked is on the line here. Don’t bring your smut to this issue please.