A View From The Terrace.

Has it been explained somewhere why it's only on iPlayer for a week? Just found out today that the wee Hearts fan with the sunglasses on that was on the social media bit a few weeks ago is my dad's mate's son, so went to show him the bit of the episode but could only recover as far back as episode 9 on Sky.

Shame, would be good to go back and watch the episodes while I'm bored as f**k during pre-season. 

Edited by LiviLion

Vvv controversial but for me Fowler and CGT as a duo are the funniest pairing out of them all. Thursday's podcast alone gave us Telfer's bit at the end about the guy's gran, as well as Lyndon Dykes eating you out... of house and home. Thought it was one of their best podcasts in ages actually tbh.

Edit- realise I've just totally ignored that Gemma girl who was also fantastic and gave a pretty interesting perspective on the TV show.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

23 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Has it been explained somewhere why it's only on iPlayer for a week? Just found out today that the wee Hearts fan with the sunglasses on that was on the social media bit a few weeks ago is my dad's mate's son, so went to show him the bit of the episode but could only recover as far back as episode 9 on Sky.

Shame, would be good to go back and watch the episodes while I'm bored as f**k during pre-season. 

They use Premiership footage and the rights deal that the SPFL has with BBC Scotland only permits iPlayer use for one week.

Edited by ArabAuslander

It looked like the fireproof underwear that racing drivers wear.

🤢
[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] The Staunch drivers obviously...

I should say that I posted that as soon as I started watching on iplayer, and its a been a fucking outstanding episode.

Folk keep saying they hope they can keep it up but for me its all so natural, doesnt rely on gimmicky features that could run out. Theres no doubt for me that these lads can do this and get an audience as long as BBC will have them.

I must say I thought tonight's episode was the weakest - probably because there's less football to talk about, so it's hardly surprising. It did feel like there was a lot less VTs and a lot more in the studio chat. The Qatar 2022 piece was really enjoyable - especially once I clocked it was a few of the people from Scot Squad.

One worrying thing I saw was the viewing figures. The BBC has finally released the figures for BBC Scotland for the last three weeks and AVFTT doesn't come in the top 15 - which means it has less than 35,000 viewers per episode. These figures might only be for the first broadcast itself and not include the iPlayer figs or the BBC One repeat, but still not great. 

Obviously, I hope it gets a Season 2 - and the fact it was given an extension shows that the Commission people at BBC Scotland think they're doing something right.

Sked's T shirt was outstanding.

Telfer's jumpers have been questionable all series.

What a show. Although I did hate the Qatar stuff. Some show though.

Really enjoyed the Qatar bit. Daft and silly but was impressed with the effort that went in, can’t wait for our lads to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in true Scottish fashion!

23 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Really enjoyed the Qatar bit. Daft and silly but was impressed with the effort that went in, can’t wait for our lads to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in true Scottish fashion!

It reminded me a lot of that 'Dreamland' book by Graham McColl which I made the mistake of reading after some pillock on here recommended it.

I can imagine that the Qatar sequence was fun to put together, but it served no purpose.