A View From The Terrace.

7 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

I was tempted to go along but gave it a miss.  Didn't think it would be worth the ultra late night and I'm glad to hear it wasn't anything special.

If The Terrace had a live show in either Dundee or Aberdeen then I'd be there in a heart beat. 

This.

Really enjoyed the latest one. The chat was entertaining and not at all laboured, agree Ryan McGowan came across as a great guy. Good to see a footballer who can rip himself like that!

All 4 getting their bank or bust right as well :thumsup2

That Partick Thistle song a few weeks back was great. The incredibly camp performance was exactly what you'd expect and want to see from fans of everyone's favourite pantomime luvvies.

Watched it tonight and thought it was pish. Chat seems forced and their attempts at being funny is cringy. Basically 4 middle class uni types being exactly that. Probably why it’s so popular on places like this. Target Audience found. 

Edited by paddymcp

3 minutes ago, paddymcp said:

Watched it tonight and thought it was pish. Chat seems forced and their attempts at being funny is cringy. Basically 4 middle class uni types being exactly that. Probably why it’s so popular on places like this. Target Audience found. 

That’s a tad harsh I think. They are hardly Oxbridge graduates, I would say they represent Scottish football fans pretty well. 

The reason it’s so popular on here is that it’s a programme on mainstream television that doesn’t pander to the Old Firm and they also have a genuine interest in exploring the stories that happen over all 4 leagues. Some of the wee feature films they have done have been excellent, they should be commended for trying something different. I don’t remember seeing a show focused on Scottish football that has delved into the lower leagues like this show has. Also should be remembered that the guys aren’t media trained television presenters so the chat isn’t going to be like the One show. 

5 hours ago, paddymcp said:

Yes, but its worth remembering you're a dribbling moron who genuinely thinks theres a conspiracy against Celtic.

If anything they might be a wee bit hipster, but in no way middle class Uni types.

They seem to have you quite upset though, which is odd.

Enjoyable show again last night.  Really nice touch to have YNWA to close it, albeit the boy singing it wasn't the best. 

The bit with the guy from Hutchie Vale was really good, he spoke a lot of sense. 

Think they've ripped the arse out of The Boyata Index though. Was fine for a couple of weeks, but that's plenty now lads. 

5 hours ago, paddymcp said:

If you mean that one or more of them went to University to study journalism, you might be right - I dont know or care, tbh.

Being on the telly is about communication, and I am quite happy to have some guys that are giving us good informed commentary on things I dont necessarily know much about - lower leagues etc .

That they can string a sentence together is a refreshing change after years of listening to ex pro dingalings trotted out as experts by the BBC destroying the English language.

This is the first time this team have done TV, if it was me I would be shiting myself, so I think they are doing well in their first (and hopefully not last) series. I am sure there are areas where they will learn and improve.

Good episode, enjoyed it. 

Bang on about Matt Kennedy, had a great season. 

Think the chat is enhanced by having video action playing at same time when they use it,e.g. The Boyata index was a lot better for watching action of the player being discussed.

Was that boy on the piano at the end somebody's mate who agreed to sing for a dare?!