A View From The Terrace.

Yeah just as good on 2nd watch. I wouldn't expect anyone to believe this but I genuinely thought  to myself when this show was first announced, if I was on it and allowed to do a feature on anything I wanted the Eriskay pitch would be it. Highlight of the 3 I've seen was the player lowping the fence to get the ball back for a thrown in. As a former full back I appreciated that greatly as I spent half of most games doing similar. Also loved the 5 year olds fixing Scottish football. If someone from the show is reading this then keep it up as you're doing some Goddam fine good work!

On 4/6/2019 at 10:34, Muzza81 said:

Hopefully rising sea levels is faster than predicted to drown out that island of Old Firm fans.

It was not a good cover of Northern Lights, agreed. 

I always feel we need a more contemporary version of this to get the toes tapping a bit more - as Robbie Shepherd sounds like he's gargling gravel when he sings it.

This I don't think was it though - albeit after rocking up in my Edinburgh hotel after a few ales and whiskies - it didn't seem too bad.

Very enjoyable show (for the last 20mins that I saw)..........

The Eriskay segment was very, very good...
Until they all started spouting off about the Old Firm. 
Delighted to see the discussion around A Shot at Glory. I've seen it many times but every time I hear Robert Duvall's accent it absolutely blows my mind. 
It shouldn't exist.
That's why I love it.

Hopefully not revealing any sensitive information here - I think it has been covered in podcasts and interviews over the last couple of months.

There are 12 regular guests on the podcast right now, split across Glasgow and Edinburgh. The TV show is a distinct entity from the podcast, though it is inspired by the podcast. When the pilot was made, Craig Fowler picked the four people who he thought would do the best job on the couch, and I think pretty much all of us would have agreed with the line-up. The very best podcasts the Terrace does are the lower league ones with Craig Telfer, Craig Fowler and Shaughan, and Joel is the most knowledgeable about the Premiership as well as bringing a certain comic quality.

The BBC really liked the pilot and therefore wanted to stick with that same line-up every week. Almost everyone else has been involved in the VT side of things at some point or the other. I'm sure we'd all have loved to have been sitting on that couch, but it would have been difficult for me and several others to balance it up with work commitments anyway. At the end of the day, you can't argue with the quality of the programme which has been produced, so I think the decision on the line-up has been totally vindicated, and I think everyone involved in the Terrace is delighted with how the show has been going.

As long as money doesn't f**k everything up, you'll be golden.

Presumably the fact BBC Scotland, dole out peanuts, it's probably not going to be that big a deal.

[emoji38]

On Monday, April 08, 2019 at 09:46, well fan for life said:

Delighted to see the discussion around A Shot at Glory. I've seen it many times but every time I hear Robert Duvall's accent it absolutely blows my mind. 

That was a hilarious deconstruction of the film.

Duvall might have got on better if he'd stuck with Glaswegian, rather than try and emulate Bill Shankly who had a very unique accent.

Edited by Lurkst

Hopefully not revealing any sensitive information here - I think it has been covered in podcasts and interviews over the last couple of months.
There are 12 regular guests on the podcast right now, split across Glasgow and Edinburgh. The TV show is a distinct entity from the podcast, though it is inspired by the podcast. When the pilot was made, Craig Fowler picked the four people who he thought would do the best job on the couch, and I think pretty much all of us would have agreed with the line-up. The very best podcasts the Terrace does are the lower league ones with Craig Telfer, Craig Fowler and Shaughan, and Joel is the most knowledgeable about the Premiership as well as bringing a certain comic quality.
The BBC really liked the pilot and therefore wanted to stick with that same line-up every week. Almost everyone else has been involved in the VT side of things at some point or the other. I'm sure we'd all have loved to have been sitting on that couch, but it would have been difficult for me and several others to balance it up with work commitments anyway. At the end of the day, you can't argue with the quality of the programme which has been produced, so I think the decision on the line-up has been totally vindicated, and I think everyone involved in the Terrace is delighted with how the show has been going.

Joel brings a certain comic quality, ie being hard of speaking. I nearly choked when he couldn’t say word the other.

A View from the Terrace has been great. It’s a cracking magazine show for someone like me who doesn’t get to see as much Scottish football living down south.

The cover of Big Welshy’s T.H.I.S.T.L.E. on the latest show, on the other hand, is a straight up war crime and should have been strangled at birth.

13 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I've grown to like it since branding them hipster wanks in week 1 on this thread.

That is apart from Joel. He's a stuttering mess and  adds nothing to the show. I'm beginning to think it'd be better if it was just Craig Telfer and Shaugan tbh.

Nah, we are hipster wanks TBF.

I've grown to like it since branding them hipster wanks in week 1 on this thread.
That is apart from Joel. He's a stuttering mess and  adds nothing to the show. I'm beginning to think it'd be better if it was just Craig Telfer and Shaugan tbh.

Agree with this. Joel is terrible the only real negative of the show when I’ve watched.