A View From The Terrace.

Not watched yet but I will. I listen to the podcast on and off, and while its easy to have digs about their research, you only notice they are getting wee bits wrong if you have a good knowledge of what they are covering. I noticed wee niggly bits about Falkirk recently, but they are trying to cover all of the teams in all of the leagues, and still come off miles better than the usual idiots on Sportsound who at best could claim to know about 12 clubs but in reality can be arsed with only 2, and still get plenty wrong.

Great to see these guys getting the opportunity to do something different and if backed they will get better I think.

I thought it was really good.

Certainly compares favourably with the piss-poor standard of the presenting/commentating in the earlier live match. Also, what was that half-time segment about! If "A View From the Terrace" had anything that bad on it this would be a busier thread. (I was pleasantly surprised with the number of cameras at the Morton game - hope it continues.)

I listen to the podcast every week and subscribe to their Patreon stuff too so I was really looking forward to this.

Slight disclaimer that I was hammered when watching it but I thought it was great and the transition from podcast to TV worked really well I thought. Had a good few chuckles to myself but I’ll need to give it a sober rewatch because I missed the SOD biscuits part.

Feels quite odd being really chuffed for a bunch of guys I’ve never met, although I think I saw big Thewliss in the pub once. Well done to the Terrace guys that are on here!

I thought it was decent.

The fitba chat is generally good with a few smiles raised. Not sure about the other segments.

The Cowdenbeath thing was a piss take of Motherwell's story of the match thing they do (I think) which I liked but even that bit was too long.

The segments were the sort of thing I think the guys on the podcast would utterly destroy if Scotsport was still going and started doing. I can understand that it's fun to meet a pro and ask questions while making biscuits and they guys involved clearly enjoyed themselves so fair play.

The podcast has a big following so I see them doing well, I will continue to watch also.

I stopped listening to The Terrace - some weeks it felt like the Fowler/Sked Jambo show with Telfer giggling away in the background.

Might give this a watch to see if anything has changed.

As mentioned upthread, as well as the Jambo love in, there was too much of this "bodied" pish on the pod too.

Thought it was fine, though there is quite a bit of padding and it's probably 15 minutes too long. The concept is largely very positive,  hope as the presenters get more confidence it will work more smoothly. 

Timmy Mallett index required for Telfer's shirt IMO

I liked it. It was jarring - in a good way - to see lower division stuff being integrated with top flight stuff in an effortless way. Given the 1 dimensional coverage on Sportsound where the level of actual football knowledge is abysmal - this was great. 

Loved the bit from Central Park - captured the feel of a game really well. 

Also, although the chat was (understandably given its the first show) not as natural as the podcast - it did feel a bit different than standard BBC no effort regional pish.

Have to say - the new channel has massively exceeded my low expectations in its early days - actually feels distinctive to the point that there'll be complaints from the raging unionist squad...

2 minutes ago, paulbrucerick said:

I quite enjoyed it. Good to see the lower league stuff in with the Premier. The segment bits reminded me a bit of 'Why Don't You'! *

*Showing my age.

The words "Why Don't You" only work when said in a broad Norn Iron accent.