Offensive behaviour

Offensive behaviour   

264 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Wow. You genuinely, seriously believe that you and Sevco keep Scottish football afloat. You really think all clubs rely on your visits to be in existence and that you do us all some sort of huge favour by being in the away allocation at our grounds. 

WOW is that what I said NO it wasn't.
It's easier to have just a home support than close parts of the ground or deduct points.

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

It's easier to have just a home support than close parts of the ground or deduct points.

He's probably been on the firewater again, you don't get much sense from him at night. Best waiting till tomorrow Willy....

48 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Unfortunately this is what is going to happen only home fans will be allowed in.
Can clubs survive only with the home support?

28 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Yeah ,it was a question you asked, a reasonable one at that.  We can only go on when Rangers were allowed into the lowest division we had apocalyptic warnings about SPL clubs from SPL clubs going bankrupt within months due to their loss and having to redo the TV deal. Well nothing happened, no clubs went to the wall.  It's really up to the home team to decide how many away fans they allow in, they either want the extra cash or can afford to do without it. However imo Rangers are quite right to try and get the best results for their fans just as  kilmarnock are, however Killie hold all the cards. 

I'm interested I  seeing how many Killie fans are in the stadium in the Rangers game, might be hugely better due to their celebrations for various reasons, th and this becoming a cause celebre.

I'm reminded the surcharge Celtic and Rangers forced on other clubs for handling tickets, it was shit thing to do

26 minutes ago, bennett said:

He's probably been on the firewater again, you don't get much sense from him at night. Best waiting till tomorrow 

Wow the rage must have been pent-up for a while, it was a definate dam buster 

Edited by LordHawHaw

I've never understood why Celtic fans get all up in arms about the Jimmy Saville song whilst singing about Aberdeen fans shagging sheep.
Because they're not comparable and you know it. For a club that supposedly hates Rangers more than any other club, it's a very Rangers like chant.

3 hours ago, WeeMentalDavie said:
9 hours ago, Merkland Red said:
I've never understood why Celtic fans get all up in arms about the Jimmy Saville song whilst singing about Aberdeen fans shagging sheep.

Because they're not comparable and you know it. For a club that supposedly hates Rangers more than any other club, it's a very Rangers like chant.

Singing sectarian songs is probably an offence under the equalities act and a potential criminal offence.

Mocking Celtic for having an extremely embarrassing celebrity fan is tasteless but only an offence if you are claiming discrimination on the grounds of paedophilia as a sexual orientation. Are you? 

The latter is far closer to calling us sheepshaggers than it is to sectarian singing. 

Sectarian bile vs singing about a beast? "they're not comparable and you know it" 

I should point out that I don't condone either.  I do condone shagging sheep, but only consenting adult sheep. 

Guest JTS98
6 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

You should give Celtic and Sevco the half of the away stand most away supports get.

It would have 2 main advantages; less scum in your ground and more tears and foot stamping, crayon written statements from various cretinous supporters groups and hopefully the clubs themselves.

This is exactly what Hearts should do. If it means cutting prices hugely for Old Firm visits for a while to make sure we shift the tickets, then so be it.

I want my football with an atmosphere. That's provided by giving away fans half the stand.

Hibs is different. As long as they give us a full stand, we should continue to do the same.

Unacceptable behaviour would diminish greatly if it had an effect on the clubs that the misbehaving arseholes support.
Would it be too much of a stretch for the SFA / SPFL to deal with instances of missile throwing, smoke bombs, sectarian chanting and spectator incursions by imposing a one match suspension ( randomly selected) on a member of the offending clubs squad for their next match?

If strict liability comes in, I certainly don’t trust my own club not to go completely OTT in making sure our fans tow the line.

Threatening to ban folk for giving Gerrard the finger and text lines designed to create a grass culture would be the tip of the iceberg.

Would be much less of an issue if I was a Motherwell fan (as an example) because that Burrows comes across as being sensible and in touch with his supporters.

8 hours ago, WeeMentalDavie said:
14 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

Why are they not comparable?

Both crass chants. One set of fans gets upset about them, the other doesn't.

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

If there is no away fans who are you going to offend?
Wise man once said football is nothing without fans if this is what is needed then make it happen.

You are labouring under the misapprehension that it is all away fans I would like to minimise at Tynecastle 

5 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

You are labouring under the misapprehension that it is all away fans I would like to minimise at Tynecastle 

If the problem continues why shut parts of the Budgie cage?
Sevco,Hibs and killie are reducing numbers we are heading towards no away fans.

34 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

If there is no away fans who are you going to offend?
Wise man once said football is nothing without fans if this is what is needed then make it happen.

I remember Rangers banning Celtic fans from Ibrox for a couple of Old Firm derbies, did their fans stop the 'party songs' for those games?  I seriously doubt it. 

The police would oppose banning away fans as you'd get the problem of fans trying to get access to the ground anyway.  Cops look at games like this as a public order challenge, they want the fans in and out as quickly and incident free as possible, that  only works if there's strict segregation. 

Singing about Derek McInnes being an *********** or Celtic being paedos is embarrassing behaviour from grown men, even from children.  Football attracts a lot of people who get a kick out of acting like an absolute arsehole with impunity though, so it's not unexpected.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I remember Rangers banning Celtic fans from Ibrox for a couple of Old Firm derbies, did their fans stop the 'party songs' for those games?  I seriously doubt it. 

The police would oppose banning away fans as you'd get the problem of fans trying to get access to the ground anyway.  Cops look at games like this as a public order challenge, they want the fans in and out as quickly and incident free as possible, that  only works if there's strict segregation. 

Singing about Derek McInnes being an *********** or Celtic being paedos is embarrassing behaviour from grown men, even from children.  Football attracts a lot of people who get a kick out of acting like an absolute arsehole with impunity though, so it's not unexpected.

For me it's an easier decision for the clubs to have no away fans than have fines ,ground closures or points deducted.