Offensive behaviour

Offensive behaviour   

264 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

40 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Celtic give the green brigade (nothing paramilitary about them, move along) blocks of tickets, and also send their own stewards - whos principal role appears to be to look on in awe as missiles and flares are thrown on the pitch.

So, to disagree - clubs do have a responsibility to fans at away matches, and your club have (by paying lip service) recognised this - not as a trouble reducing measure, but so Lawell can point to it and say "what else can we do?"

If strict liability was applied it would end up Celtic wouldn't take the away allocation.
Celtic have there own house in order yet when the same fans go to away grounds it's a free for all.
Measures need to be put in place so fans don't shit in their neighbours door steps.

I don't think Celtic and Rangers fans realise how differently they behave at away matches compared to other teams. It's like the whole culture of going to an away game is different for them. They all seem to come on buses, no matter where they've come from. The majority appear to be drunk, and they seem to turn up dead early and spend ages just hanging around outside the ground, falling about the place and shouting at passers by. Fans of teams like Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Hearts, Hibs, etc. who often come to St Mirren Park in similar numbers simply don't behave like that.

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

If strict liability was applied it would end up Celtic wouldn't take the away allocation.
Celtic have there own house in order yet when the same fans go to away grounds it's a free for all.
Measures need to be put in place so fans don't shit in their neighbours door steps.

Do you not think it is obvious why?

58 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Celtic give the green brigade (nothing paramilitary about them, move along) blocks of tickets, and also send their own stewards - whos principal role appears to be to look on in awe as missiles and flares are thrown on the pitch.

So, to disagree - clubs do have a responsibility to fans at away matches, and your club have (by paying lip service) recognised this - not as a trouble reducing measure, but so Lawell can point to it and say "what else can we do?"

No they dont.

34 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

:lol:

6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Has your bus been cut of away tickets?

Still getting our normal allocation for most games bar when allocations are cut, most obvious being Ibrox in December where we got one....Easter Road in December when we had only half the stand we got about 15 I seem to recall, about 30 at the weekend when back to the full stand. 

Folk get up in arms any time offensive behavior at games is mentioned - stuff about what's offensive and about police abusing their powers - and yet, in nearly 40 years of watching football, I've never done anything that could even be twisted into being offensive or that even the most bent copper could try and lift me for.

Go to the game, cheer your team on and get the f'ck home.

23 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Still getting our normal allocation for most games bar when allocations are cut, most obvious being Ibrox in December where we got one....Easter Road in December when we had only half the stand we got about 15 I seem to recall, about 30 at the weekend when back to the full stand. 

There is a few more halfwits kicking about in recent times in the away support but for me it has improved from the 80's and 90's.

Rangers and Celtic provide an enviroment where Bigots and Bampots can gather in large numbers and spout hate with little fear of prosecution.

Take away this enviroment and you take away a large part of Scotlands sectarian problem in one fell swoop.

Doing this doesn't require any  new laws or goverment investment it just requires the clubs to realise they will be heavily punished if it doesn't stop.

Points deductions would ensure the co-operation of the clubs and their more enlightened supporters.

6 minutes ago, Snafu said:

In an ideal world I would like to have the option to have a drink while enjoying the game as they do in other sporting venues around the world, but then we get reminded that us as Scots in general can't be trusted with the mix of alcohol and the tribal nature of our game.

I disagree.  The idiots who let themselves down due to the tribal nature of the game here will get tanked up on booze before the game and let themselves down regardless of whether or not you can enjoy a pint in the ground. 

There are also plenty who can handle getting tanked up before a game and not embarrass themselves and the club.