Offensive behaviour

Offensive behaviour   

264 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, RedRob72 said:

That isn’t what I said now is it? A few beers before the game no problem, but why drink so much that you can’t control your behaviour? Surely that applies to any other walk of life, why should attending a football match be any different.

The main issue for me is the ban on drinking etc. Rather than allow folk to be responsible and carry a 6 pack or whatever on the bus and drink socially, it descends in to idiots necking a transparent bottle of vodka and coke etc.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

And why ask to exclude the example with Sinclair at Easter Road? Imagine if the bottle had landed full in his face!!?emoji47.png

I can’t speak for those who follow C*ltic but you only need to flick through the pages on here to see how much Rangers are hated as a club at certain grounds. To pretend the home support don’t play a huge part in whipping up such levels of drink fuelled vitriol is ludicrous. Their behaviour is every bit as bad as those who shame our club. I see it away from home several times a season year in year out.

The first bit in bold - because I am trying to generalise, not be specific. Its self evident that the twat that threw the bottle needs locked up, but the point I am trying to get through to you (which everyone else in Scottish football accepts as truth) is that Celtic and Rangers fans are on a different level. Throw in the sectarian stuff and bobs your uncle.

Your second bit in bold? Jesus H Christ - this is deflection on an enormous scale. If you think that the bother that "follows" Rangers and Celtic fans is in some way "whipped up" by Hibs, Hearts,Aberdeen fans on the poor wee defenceless charmers then I can only assume you are drunk....................

4 minutes ago, Green Day said:

The first bit in bold - because I am trying to generalise, not be specific. Its self evident that the twat that threw the bottle needs locked up, but the point I am trying to get through to you (which everyone else in Scottish football accepts as truth) is that Celtic and Rangers fans are on a different level. Throw in the sectarian stuff and bobs your uncle.

Your second bit in bold? Jesus H Christ - this is deflection on an enormous scale. If you think that the bother that "follows" Rangers and Celtic fans is in some way "whipped up" by Hibs, Hearts,Aberdeen fans on the poor wee defenceless charmers then I can only assume you are drunk....................

He played the whataboutery card and you've called his bluff, held your hands up and admitted the hibs laddy is a fud.

He doesn't know which card to play next hence the nonsense he's spouting.

23 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Sure, I’ve seen some awful stuff from both sets of ‘supporters’. My point was centred on drunkenness and behaviour, you think the guy that ran onto the pitch to attack Lennon at Tynecastle just a couple of seasons back was acting in the most soberly of order.
And why ask to exclude the example with Sinclair at Easter Road? Imagine if the bottle had landed full in his face!!?emoji47.png

I can’t speak for those who follow C*ltic but you only need to flick through the pages on here to see how much Rangers are hated as a club at certain grounds. To pretend the home support don’t play a huge part in whipping up such levels of drink fuelled vitriol is ludicrous. Their behaviour is every bit as bad as those who shame our club. I see it away from home several times a season year in year out.

You were trying to create a hypothesis that all sets of supports have those who drink too much, it's just Celtic and Rangers have a bigger population therefore the problem is proportionally the same.  That is utter nonsense and if you were to take your blinkers off for a second you'd see that.

Your second paragraph is very funny.  You are correct Rangers are hated at many, many grounds across Scotland.  Maybe instead of seeing that as a victim you could stop and take a second to wonder why that is.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Scottish Cup Final 2015   Caley v Falkirk.    Crowd 37,149

League Cup Final 2014.   Caley v Aberdeen.   Crowd 51,143

Scottish Cup Final 2014.     Dundee United v St Johnstone.    Crowd 47,345

Scottish Cup Final 2010.   Dundee United v Ross County.   Crowd 47,122

Big games. Big crowds. In Glasgow. Sectarian songs - none. Crowd trouble - none.

I think if you have say 15,000 following a team and you have say 60,000 following a team you are going to get 4 times more idiots.
This thread has become another beat the two Glasgow clubs with a stick.
Breaking seat throwing bottles and coins is violent behaviour not offensive behaviour. 
Tomorrow is ash Wednesday so hopefully fans of that persuasion will give up a few things for 6 weeks don't hold your breath.

10 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I think if you have say 15,000 following a team and you have say 60,000 following a team you are going to get 4 times more idiots.
Breaking seat throwing bottles and coins is violent behaviour not offensive behaviour. 
Tomorrow is ash Wednesday so hopefully fans of that persuasion will give up a few things for 6 weeks don't hold your breath.

Saints took 2000 to Pittodrie a few seasons back, and there was no bother.

Rangers take 2000 and theres sectarian singing, fighting and chairs being ripped out and thrown.

You're talking absolute shite.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Rangers take 2000 and theres sectarian singing, fighting and chairs being ripped out and thrown.

The levels of delusion and denial are truly fascinating.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Maybe you haven't read the thread clubs don't have any responsibility to the fans that go to away games.
This is where the problem is.Clubs need to tighten up the away allocation instead of giving tickets to the same halfwits.
There is thousands of law abiding fans that can't get away tickets.  

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

Maybe you haven't read the thread clubs don't have any responsibility to the fans that go to away games.
This is where the problem is.Clubs need to tighten up the away allocation instead of giving tickets to the same halfwits.

:lol:

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Celtic's seat replacement bill (which by now dwarfs some clubs' transfer budgets) would say otherwise....

I've read the ugly sisters have to provide their own stewards for the away fixtures. That is part of the problem.

Hamilton had a few young laddies up the week before, getting a bit excited and the stewards were in to calm them down. You get none of that with the old firm.

Aberdeen won a penalty on Sunday. As soon as the police realised there was a penalty for Aberdeen, they formed a barrier in front of the stand. They didn't have to do this when we played Hearts at home. Couldn't tell you if they did it v Celtic on Boxing Day.

When the **** scored on Sunday, several of their fans climbed on to the small roof that is at the front of the stand, jumping up and down. Seemed to be unaware that the disabled fans of their own team were sat underneath. No other teams fans have done that.

6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Celtic give the green brigade (nothing paramilitary about them, move along) blocks of tickets, and also send their own stewards - whos principal role appears to be to look on in awe as missiles and flares are thrown on the pitch.

So, to disagree - clubs do have a responsibility to fans at away matches, and your club have (by paying lip service) recognised this - not as a trouble reducing measure, but so Lawell can point to it and say "what else can we do?"

42 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Things like going to the football?

7 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

Willy giving it the "it's just an away support problem" schtick is funny. I wonder just how many other away supports have this problem.

The 37 strong Hamilton away club are THE most Racist, Sectarian, homophobic group I have ever come across. They are even listed as a terrorism cell.

9 minutes ago, Crawford said:

The 37 strong Hamilton away club are THE most Racist, Sectarian, homophobic group I have ever come across. They are even listed as a terrorism cell.

:lol:

Archived