Offensive behaviour

Offensive behaviour   

264 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

57 minutes ago, ONeils4Oyarder said:

I think it would be a difficult one to define as political to be totally honest.

No it wouldn't. 

The song clearly favours monarchy and a united great Britain. It's extremely political. 

It should be banned for being a inelegant dirge. 

19 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Just under 70% of fans on here want their club punished why? 

Broadly because people are pissed off with this crap.

And - before you get all holier than though about our muppet that flung a bottle at Sinclair, while all clubs have bams the absolute worst of behaviours are reserved for the Glasgow clubs (not Partick).

The amount of anti social behaviour I saw walking to and from the West stand on Saturday beggared belief, pishing in the street,  smashed bottles everywhere, IRA songs, intimidation - you name it, it happened - and all in front of the police who did nothing as per.

I look forward to more similar cultural exchanges on Friday night.

So, if the police wont do anything outside, then football authorities have to do something inside.

If the punishments are meted out correctly, then Sevco and Celtc will end the league on negative points - sure Hibs, Hearts, Motherwell, Aberdeen etc might get a few hits but nothing on the scale of what you lot deserve.

Bring it on, both of you pumped down to the seaside leagues might also help a bit.

Sorry if that all seems a bit harsh, but EVERYONE IF FUCKED OFF WITH YOUR SHITE !!

Was walking along King street after the game at Pittodrie yesterday along with a heap of other Aberdeen fans and two pished dead club fans were walking up one of the side paths, towards the crowd singing. Police horse straight in about with the officer shouting at the lad to shut up. He carried on until the police horse nudged him all the way over to the wall. Young lad starts shouting sorry, looking like he's about to burst in to tears. This leads to a massive shout of "shitebag" from the Aberdeen fans in the area.

We crossed the road to Morrisons to grab a drink and use the toilet. When we left, he was now outside there shouting abuse at anyone passing wearing Aberdeen colours.

You can blame alcohol if you want, but you have to be a special breed of person to act like that.

1 hour ago, Merkland Red said:

You can blame alcohol if you want, but you have to be a special breed of person to act like that.

Scottish tourist board reps on a junket in Manchester?

teeth.jpg.aca2c6c8707615257c339715dcc51b9d.jpg

The main issue that Strict Liability throws up for me is the strong suspicion that the SFA (if they are ultimately responsible for it), would *never* have the balls to use one of the "big" sanctions against Rangers or Celtic and that would undermine the whole thing.

Can anyone seriously imagine the SFA docking points from one of them  in the middle of a close title run-in? Could you imagine a closed-door OF game?  If these things are unimaginable (and I think they are), then the system would be dead on arrival. 

25 minutes ago, Swello said:

The main issue that Strict Liability throws up for me is the strong suspicion that the SFA (if they are ultimately responsible for it), would *never* have the balls to use one of the "big" sanctions against Rangers or Celtic and that would undermine the whole thing.

Can anyone seriously imagine the SFA docking points from one of them  in the middle of a close title run-in? Could you imagine a closed-door OF game?  If these things are unimaginable (and I think they are), then the system would be dead on arrival. 

It'll be years before they have to worry about that.

Edited by Merkland Red
spelling

*** was first used to describe the blue bigot fans when they destroyed Wolverhampton or Birmingham around the 50/60's. They were described as being like a hoard of ***s in the local paper and it stuck. It has absolutely nothing to do with religion at all, simply a destructive group. Little wonder the bigots don't like it.

36 minutes ago, Snafu said:

OK I see it now,  confused but I stand corrected.

Would it not be down to how the one who is offended to place it in context rather than have an Ofcom rating system. I mean Rangers the football club want the word when used in a football context termed as offensive and a hate crime?

However there appears to be no consistency when it comes to the law where one supporter can be charged for using the word on a t-shirt described as religiously aggravated but others be released when using it on a banner.

ps - according to offcom we as Scots shouldn't be offended by being called Jocks

Couple of things from your post.

I’m not offended in the slightest by being called a Jock.

The H word is not sectarian as it’s a word used to describe only Rangers people, in exactly the same way as Arabs describes Dundee United people, and Sheep Sh*gg*rs describes Aberdeen people.

14 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Saw an interview with Scott Brown tonight, and he said that the problems happen in every ground. He’s right. Every ground that is visited by Celtic and Rangers.

"Celtic (or Rangers) are here so that means it's alright to sing anything" is a terrible excuse. People go on about whataboutery all the time, you can't use Celtic/Rangers fans also doing it as an excuse for Hearts/Killie/whoever being sectarian when they visit.

6 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

"Celtic (or Rangers) are here so that means it's alright to sing anything" is a terrible excuse. People go on about whataboutery all the time, you can't use Celtic/Rangers fans also doing it as an excuse for Hearts/Killie/whoever being sectarian when they visit.

Where in my post did I even imply that it is ok for any fans of opposing clubs to Celtic and Rangers to sing sectarian songs? The problem, 90%, or higher, of the time is caused by the visiting Celtic or Rangers fans. If you don’t see that, then you don’t attend matches when these two visit anywhere.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Where in my post did I even imply that it is ok for any fans of opposing clubs to Celtic and Rangers to sing sectarian songs? The problem, 90%, or higher, of the time is caused by the visiting Celtic or Rangers fans. If you don’t see that, then you don’t attend matches when these two visit anywhere.

Brown said it happens in every ground, which it does, whether or not Celtic or Rangers are visiting doesn't matter when it's the home fans being sectarian. Also, I've been to tonnnes of these games an away fan, where did I say that it was a 50/50 problem?

34 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

Brown said it happens in every ground, which it does, whether or not Celtic or Rangers are visiting doesn't matter when it's the home fans being sectarian. Also, I've been to tonnnes of these games an away fan, where did I say that it was a 50/50 problem?

I’m not really sure where you’re going with this, and given that you are taking the old days BBC reporters stance in not saying whether you’re in the blue corner or the green corner, don’t know which away games you’ve been to. But the fact is that when Celtic and Rangers fans attend an away match, in 100% of these matches they both sing sectarian songs. You may, just may, get the odd sectarian song sung by home teams at a few of these games, which isn’t right. I didn’t hear a single sectarian song sung by the Aberdeen support yesterday. What that would mean in strict liability terms is that if that continues, Celtic and Rangers would gradually be gathering speed towards heavier and heavier punishments as the season goes on, and other clubs may, just may, get the odd slap on the wrist for a once in a season offence. Just to be clear, sectarian singing is never right no matter who the perpetrators are.

I see we are already rehearsing the arguments in the terms that Rangers and Celtic fans want to  - ie, drawing a false equivalence between the scale of the sectarian and offensive behaviour problem at those 2 clubs versus the others. This is a shite straw man argument that only serves to deflect from the main problem.

I can readily accept that there are - for example - Motherwell fans with sectarian views because there are. To try to argue that their impact or behaviour is even worth mentioning in the same breath as the away supports of the OF takes credibility way past breaking point. 

The fact that every club will have supporters that will fall foul of Strict Liability should never be allowed to mask where the real problem lies. The proportionality of the punishments will likely be the biggest failure of SL as clubs with far smaller "problems" will find themselves punished to the same extent as the two with the biggest.