Cowdenbeath v The Binos

After 3 straight defeats in a row by the odd goal, the question most Binos fans will be asking is can we get all 3 points on Saturday or not. 

Big ask given our form just now but we are still in with a slight chance of getting 4th spot for a chance of the playoffs but we need to start winning games and hope Annan start going on a bad run to have us have any chance of catching them. 

Central Park will be as always a difficult place to go but we need the points and hopefully the team will rise to the occasion. Might have back one or two players out just now with injuries like Jordan McGregor to help our central defence but either way it will be tough. 

Prediction  Cowdenbeath 0  Binos 1      

PS  Just discovered Mike Roncone is the man in charge on Saturday, that means we now need a miracle to get all 3 points, here`s hoping he has a good game for once ! 

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting to see what line up we go with in this one. No pressure now and Bollan can experiment for once (once does mean many times doesn't it? Or am I delirious here).

Utter dross. One hopeless tactic. Lump balls forward at every opportunity to the hapless Donkey Renton. Against ten men now and Bollan still won't change it. Get Allan and Sheerin on and play the ball on the ground.

2 hours ago, rhliston said:

Great result today down to 10 men and Mike Roncone in charge. Can’t ask for more.
Only downside Annan wins and the gap is still 10 pints.

There’s no chance you will be top 4. Stirling are in the ‘dross but better than the bottom 2’ category, along with us and QP and Elgin.

2 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

There’s no chance you will be top 4. Stirling are in the ‘dross but better than the bottom 2’ category, along with us and QP and Elgin.

Maybe, maybe not time will tell if we make the top 4 but until its mathematically impossible no harm in giving it a go and if we fall short then its no big deal after the poor start to the season we had. Under KR we have improved but their is still a lot of work to do. 

Excellent team performance today in what was ultimately a tough game in tough conditions. Cowdenbeath fans will probably be disappointed they didn’t take something from the match as they probably had most of the ball in the Second Half and Ferrie had to pull off a tremendous save before The Belly.....sorry, Jordyn Sheerin missed an absolute sitter, but the lads can take a lot of pride in today’s performance.

Darren Smith was running riot, before the red card, the link up play between him and Peaso was amongst the best I have seen at this level and the only answer that the Cowdenbeath Defence had for them was to genuinely foul Peaso and rely on the Linesman to continue to flag for Smith being offside, although at least twice he got the call wrong. The Red Card was farcical in my opinion though, he slide in late for the ball but a Red, na i’m not having that, it was soft as shit but Roncorn could not wait to get that card out. It will be interesting to see what BinosTV shows but from where I was sitting, it didn’t even look like a yellow.

Over the past couple of weeks, KR has spoken about our need to be street wise and I think we were a little bit more like that today. Cowden continues with the long ball up to Renton but McGeachie and Marr were more than a match for him. The goal came from a cross ball, which was not stopped by Allan and not dealt with by Ferrie but on there performances over the 90 minutes, I fealt it was harsh on them and Allan didn’t deserve the stick that 1 supporter decided to direct towards him.

Cowdenbeath were well on top of the match until Mackin came on, nothing seemed to stick up top between him coming off the bench and Smith being sent off, but the big lad just seemed to calm everything down and it came as no shock when we broke away and his knock down was knocked home by Peaso. I say it all the same but keeping him at the club will be imperative to any chance we have of winning the league next season.

It wasn’t a great game, but I did think we showed the right attributes to bag the points and I doubt we, as supporters, can ask any more out of the players than we got today. There was a real sense of unity that i’ve honestly not seen at the club for a number of years.

It was great to see Hamilton back in amongst it, that topped off a good day. Well done today lads, you deserve. Few drinks after that.

You’d think we were down to 10 men the way we were defending towards the end, sheerin needs loaned out he’s always been a big lad which plays to his strengths but his size now is worse he came on and had a wonderful opportunity and put it wide of the post from 7 yards out, how buchanan still gets a game is beyond me what does he actually contribute to the team?

10 minutes ago, cowden boy said:

You’d think we were down to 10 men the way we were defending towards the end, sheerin needs loaned out he’s always been a big lad which plays to his strengths but his size now is worse he came on and had a wonderful opportunity and put it wide of the post from 7 yards out, how buchanan still gets a game is beyond me what does he actually contribute to the team?

Yeah Sheerin should have scored, but at least he got in the position to score. Maybe if he got more  game time he would be sharper. I cannot understand why we are not starting with the likes of Henvey and Allan and swarming all over the Stirling defence. As you say, it looked like us with 10 men. If it had been the other way round and up at Stirling, they would have cruised past us.

GB's tactics are amateur at best. We have good players and they are not playing to their strengths.

Good hunting by Coxy for the goal.

Archived