Airdrieonians vs. Montrose.

Terrible game between 2 poor sides in miserable weather. On the positive side its 3 points and another goal for Duffy. 

Not been in a few weeks, whats the story with the young boys and the mega phone? Where did they appear from? 

They’re 2nd years at the Academy. According to my boy they’ve all been going to the games for the past couple of seasons.
Good on them. Hope they get a few more to join in with them. 
To try and create any atmosphere in that fucking soulless fucking monstrosity of a stadium takes a lot of work, particularly when there are less than 700 there. So fair play to the youngsters at least trying to get something of an atmosphere going. Can see the "megaphone" being a thing of annoyance but I'll quite happily put up with it if it means the laddies keep coming back and hopefully swell their numbers with similarly exuberant weans.

2 hours ago, Mybitchunderprotest said:

To try and create any atmosphere in that fucking soulless fucking monstrosity of a stadium takes a lot of work, particularly when there are less than 700 there. So fair play to the youngsters at least trying to get something of an atmosphere going. Can see the "megaphone" being a thing of annoyance but I'll quite happily put up with it if it means the laddies keep coming back and hopefully swell their numbers with similarly exuberant weans.

Can't be any worse than that flaming East Fife drum (hope that doesn't put ideas into their heads)

Good luck to them - at least someone's going to having an enjoyable afternoon!

I got up at half five in the morning to get down for the game, so I'm trying to convince myself it was worthwhile.  Three points are very welcome, but I wouldn't exactly say it was a classic game.  That's two in the last two for Duffy (and three in the last five), which along with the ludicrous one ruled out for offside against Brechin suggests he's hitting a decent run of personal form.

Archived