Airdrieonians vs. Montrose.

Bottom of the form table vs. The plucky Angus minnows.

I'll be facing a late fitness test for this one but the signs are looking good for a return to 1st team action along with the wee fella so that's a +2 on the attendance.

Don't really know what to expect for this one tbf, but a win would be most welcome.

Discuss.

I reckon this is absolutely crucial to win . The win at Links Park was well deserved but Montrose have been in better shape and form since then. I don't think they "travel well" but given that we have lost 0-1 to so many of the Angus clubs at home then it could be "through the fingers " time. The results on Tuesday were not too bad from our viewpoint but we need to take control of our own destiny now. Carrick scoring could be the boost he needs and we really need to move the ball so much quicker. Hope it is not one up front. Tough away games coming up after that.

We looked like a team who think they're safe. Not particularly fit or full of ideas either. Can't think of anyone who got pass marks today. Not that Airdrie were much better but credit them scoring and their keeper pulling off great stop from Henderson at point blank near the end.

Not a good showing. Wasn't at Raith last week, so not sure how that compared.

Sent from my HTC One A9s using Tapatalk

A grim afternoon with another one of our very few striking options being carried off the pitch (broken leg by the sounds of things) and it didn't really get better after that. Both teams pretty poor, Airdrie scored from an early second half stramash that should have been dealt with, and  they should have put away a second, similar clusterfuck later on. Other than a ten minute siege of the opposition goal late on where Airdrie looked very vulnerable, Montrose never really looked composed enough to win the game. There were quite a few poor shifts put in today, and Airdrie saw out the game as we started to panic towards the end.

I still don't think we're in immediate danger, but we really need to pick up a few points from the next four games, because our run in from April onwards is pretty gruesome. Dumbarton hitting form doesn't bode well for next week. Not sure if it's possible to recall Skelly, but it might have to be an option now that the cupboard is looking bare. (If nothing else today, just glad to have ticked off the ground, an awful SPL-pre fab ten thousander with no atmosphere other than a bunch of kids with a loudspeaker, sounding like a broken McDonalds drive-thru speaker or a badly attended protest march)

A grim afternoon with another one of our very few striking options being carried off the pitch (broken leg by the sounds of things) and it didn't really get better after that. Both teams pretty poor, Airdrie scored from an early second half stramash that should have been dealt with, and  they should have put away a second, similar clusterfuck later on. Other than a ten minute siege of the opposition goal late on where Airdrie looked very vulnerable, Montrose never really looked composed enough to win the game. There were quite a few poor shifts put in today, and Airdrie saw out the game as we started to panic towards the end.
I still don't think we're in immediate danger, but we really need to pick up a few points from the next four games, because our run in from April onwards is pretty gruesome. Dumbarton hitting form doesn't bode well for next week. Not sure if it's possible to recall Skelly, but it might have to be an option now that the cupboard is looking bare. (If nothing else today, just glad to have ticked off the ground, an awful SPL-pre fab ten thousander with no atmosphere other than a bunch of kids with a loudspeaker, sounding like a broken McDonalds drive-thru speaker or a badly attended protest march)

The atmosphere was the one the game deserved.

That was absolutely chronic today from both sides, and I honestly thought the best performance on the pitch was the referee. We're quick to chastise them when they have a stinker but I thought he managed it fairly well, both teams made it pretty easy for him tbf with nothing wild or controversial.
A decent poachers finish FROM A CORNER!!! (yes, believe it) and nearly another a minute later but for a decent stop by the Montrose keeper.
Big up to Davie Hutton as well going from blootering the ball out the park from a no pressure pass to Crighton, to saving 2 points at the end after Conroy nearly sold the jerseys letting a stupid ball bounce over his head straight to the Montrose player to square for a tap in, but Davie done really well to get over and out stretched.
Both keepers had 1 real save of note on a day of football that won't go down as a classic. I'd like to think another 2 wins will be enough to consolidate mediocrity for yet another year.

That was absolutely chronic today from both sides, and I honestly thought the best performance on the pitch was the referee. We're quick to chastise them when they have a stinker but I thought he managed it fairly well, both teams made it pretty easy for him tbf with nothing wild or controversial.
A decent poachers finish FROM A CORNER!!! (yes, believe it) and nearly another a minute later but for a decent stop by the Montrose keeper.
Big up to Davie Hutton as well going from blootering the ball out the park from a no pressure pass to Crighton, to saving 2 points at the end after Conroy nearly sold the jerseys letting a stupid ball bounce over his head straight to the Montrose player to square for a tap in, but Davie done really well to get over and out stretched.
Both keepers had 1 real save of note on a day of football that won't go down as a classic. I'd like to think another 2 wins will be enough to consolidate mediocrity for yet another year.
Glass is chronic, he needs to learn to pass. If he squares it to Duffy on the second chance you talk about we go 2 up and the game is less nervy. Also worth noting at how chronic big Crighton is, not captain material for me and was quite rightly called out by Fitzy in the first half.

That was an absolute shitfest, with rare outbreaks of football. Both teams gave the ball away far too often, albeit not helped by the conditions. Two gilt edged chances passed up by us in the 2nd half with cracking saves pulled off by Hutton, but he should have been given no chance with them. First trip to Airdrie, decent stadium, and West End Bar was pretty good, just a shame about the result

Terrible game between 2 poor sides in miserable weather. On the positive side its 3 points and another goal for Duffy. 

Not been in a few weeks, whats the story with the young boys and the mega phone? Where did they appear from? 

They’re 2nd years at the Academy. According to my boy they’ve all been going to the games for the past couple of seasons.

1 hour ago, ++Ammo - Airdrie++ said:

Me. my dad and his pals were slating Conroy and his corners before he took that one but we said the laws of average meant we were bound to score from one of them at some point. Glad that bore fruit today. 

I've been to many a bad game of football but today was up there as one of the worst. Two rubbish teams with not an ounce of ability about them. The first half, in particular, was dire stuff from an Airdrie point of view. Midfield wasn't in the game at all and the team either didn't know how to play in that shape or didn't know how to get the best out of it. Second half was slightly better. Thought we were improved when Wilkie came on. He's the only midfielder that actually drives with the ball and takes us forward. I thought Sean McIntosh had a decent enough game today too. He's much better on the ball than either Gallagher or Millar. Glad to see him back in the side. Thought that was one of Campbell's better games too. I don't think Houston is a better option than Stewart. He did nothing for me and at times I forgot he was playing. Glass had some nice touches but his decision making lets him down and I don't remember him making a killer pass or putting in a decent final ball. I'd rather have Wilkie playing in there from the start. 

We were lucky that Montrose were just as bad, if not worse, than us. The only times they looked like scoring were when we put ourselves under pressure which unfortunately was a lot. Some real calamitous stuff going on at the back and we genuinely looked at times like we wanted to chuck the 3 points away. Conroy had several moments of sheer stupidity that were unforgivable and that we were damn lucky Montrose didn't score from (kudos to Hutton for that save from point-blank range, he saved us another 3 points today). I've no idea why a player who is so stubbornly left-footed turns inside on to his right so much but he just puts so much pressure on himself and the team and when he goes to pass forward he goes back on to his left anyway but by the time he does that he either loses the ball or the move or chance is gone. I know he's an easy scapegoat but he's a liability, especially in the position he was playing in today which he's also not fast enough to play in. Edwards is much better in that position. 

I still don't like how deep we're sitting when we go in front. We saw it out today but we also rode our luck tremendously and a better team would probably have beat us. 

As said above it wasn't the best game but we won and at this point, that's all that matters. Ironic though that Joao scored a goal that could have sucked us deeper towards the relegation zone. 

Hope Russell McLean is alright. 

Archived