Annan v QP

an86

Weather was terrible. Annan were time wasters the whole of the second half . Deserved to get a point out of the game .

Some of the shouts towards the referee and to the Annan players from some of our fans were embarrassing no wonder the Annan players just looked at them and laughed.

Had an Annan fan in front of me have a go at Mortimer, who was clearly injured (and was carried off), and Gibson, who was whacked in the face, so it goes both ways.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of follows the trend this game. Decent possession, good control in midfield, some nice worked attacks, lack of finshing. I say lack because it only qualifies as a "finish" if you actually get the ball on target. Trying to round a keeper when you've got a 1v1 shouldn't be the natural thing for a striker to do. Just play it to goal and let the keeper prove he's the better one in the contest. Couple that to really basic errors by some individuals in defence and it's definitely a trend. Mark maybe needs to dedicate a whole training night to zonal marking and how not to ballwatch like a 12 year old. Although by the pelters Mortimer got after the first goal from his teammates it could be it's well discussed if not always practised.  All 4 goals this week have been lost, softly, at the RB position.

Annan mode more of playing into the wind, which imho is actually more predictable than with it behind your back. Davie Galt showed his football intelligence at the goal. A targetted, underhit shot which the keeper would likely have stopped any other week but on this day was boosted by the wind to reach the right pace. Too many others couldn't seem to make that clever adjustment. 

MotM: The Referee, for starting the game and having the sense and courage to see it out.

I like Annan as a football club. The whole set-up and the clubhouse says a lot about the commitment and spirit of those involved and it represents the town very well. Definitely the best lavvy I've ever seen at a football ground. But somebody needs to make a better decision about visiting fans.

The dedicated section in the stand wasn't big enough (especially when the front two rows are in the rain) and if Annan FC want a proper segregation the entry gates, toilets and food stand needs to be reopened at the far end. I also think it's a bit cheeky channeling everybody in via the clubhouse end, happy to take the vistors cash, and then expecting them to stand facing the worst of the weather with no cover. A simple solution would be to dedicate a small section of the covered terrace, but then some Annan fans might lose their "spot" and I get that too. And of course, the mass brawls could still take place in the toilets or at the dainty wee pie stand.

Maybe the best solution is to just get real and accept that there's no need for segregation at Galabank and like every other ground with a terrace at this level opposing fans can stand where they want (don't blame this on the SPFL). I experienced nothing other than courtesy and politeness yesterday from AFC and it's supporters. The only aggression (as opposed to ranting) on show yesterday was the stewards trying to do their job. Unnecessary frustration all round. 

I like Annan as a football club. The whole set-up and the clubhouse says a lot about the commitment and spirit of those involved and it represents the town very well. Definitely the best lavvy I've ever seen at a football ground. But somebody needs to make a better decision about visiting fans.
The dedicated section in the stand wasn't big enough (especially when the front two rows are in the rain) and if Annan FC want a proper segregation the entry gates, toilets and food stand needs to be reopened at the far end. I also think it's a bit cheeky channeling everybody in via the clubhouse end, happy to take the vistors cash, and then expecting them to stand facing the worst of the weather with no cover. A simple solution would be to dedicate a small section of the covered terrace, but then some Annan fans might lose their "spot" and I get that too. And of course, the mass brawls could still take place in the toilets or at the dainty wee pie stand.
Maybe the best solution is to just get real and accept that there's no need for segregation at Galabank and like every other ground with a terrace at this level opposing fans can stand where they want (don't blame this on the SPFL). I experienced nothing other than courtesy and politeness yesterday from AFC and it's supporters. The only aggression (as opposed to ranting) on show yesterday was the stewards trying to do their job. Unnecessary frustration all round. 

Ironic, a Queue Pee fan complaining of opposing fans placement.

Since you've decided to contribute, an Annan director said in conversation that on your last visit, the bus guys were terrific but the ones who came by train were, in his words, utter vermin.

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Kind of follows the trend this game. Decent possession, good control in midfield, some nice worked attacks, lack of finshing. I say lack because it only qualifies as a "finish" if you actually get the ball on target. Trying to round a keeper when you've got a 1v1 shouldn't be the natural thing for a striker to do. Just play it to goal and let the keeper prove he's the better one in the contest. Couple that to really basic errors by some individuals in defence and it's definitely a trend. Mark maybe needs to dedicate a whole training night to zonal marking and how not to ballwatch like a 12 year old. Although by the pelters Mortimer got after the first goal from his teammates it could be it's well discussed if not always practised.  All 4 goals this week have been lost, softly, at the RB position.

Annan mode more of playing into the wind, which imho is actually more predictable than with it behind your back. Davie Galt showed his football intelligence at the goal. A targetted, underhit shot which the keeper would likely have stopped any other week but on this day was boosted by the wind to reach the right pace. Too many others couldn't seem to make that clever adjustment. 

MotM: The Referee, for starting the game and having the sense and courage to see it out.

And we let Lachlan and Osadolar go! We do not possess a natural striker. The marking of opposition wingers is something we don't do. If that is down to zonal marking then it is time to explain to our guys what that means. Game after game we allow opposition wingers the freedom of the park and are totally inept at stopping crosses. Our general outfield play is as good as anyone in this division but the speciality coaching is just not there.

At least you have shelter and access to toilets and hot food/drinks. Unlike Broadwood.

The view will be much better at the refurbed Lesser. A nice wee stand for Clyde fans. West facing, where the worst of the wind and rain comes from. Won't be ready for a while but Clyde will still be visiting. Unless of course we get promoted next year. Enjoy the view.

At least you have shelter and access to toilets and hot food/drinks. Unlike Broadwood.

The view will be much better at the refurbed Lesser. A nice wee stand for Clyde fans. West facing, where the worst of the wind and rain comes from. Won't be ready for a while but Clyde will still be visiting. Unless of course we get promoted next year. Enjoy the view.
searched last Saturday 3 70 for a pie [emoji23]
And your complaining about fan experience[emoji33] lesser hampden won't be any better than Annan which is probably up there with one of the worst grounds to watch football in this league

3 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Judging by the look on his face during the warmup it looked like he was really unsure. Same again when he made Hart retake a freekick because the ball was moving in the wind. If it'd been 0-0 at half time I wouldn't have been surprised if it was called off.

As much as the weather ruined any chance of a decent game, the players have to be partly to blame for continuing to try and play long high balls. Both teams only looked likely to create something on the rare occasion they got the ball on the deck. 

Obviously delighted with the Annan win but a draw would have been fair, especially with the late pressure from QP and the missed shirt tug on the edge of the box.

3 hours ago, cfcuk said:

searched last Saturday 3 70 for a pie emoji23.png
And your complaining about fan experienceemoji33.png lesser hampden won't be any better than Annan which is probably up there with one of the worst grounds to watch football in this league

Not complaining. Suggesting improvement.  Might be hard for a gypsy to see the difference.The catering, if that's it's category, at Hampden is an embarrassment and like stewarding outwith QPs control or influence. Neither services suit our club and I'm sure it'll improve in the future.

I have a higher regard for your posts than many of you're fellow Clyde fans but you've let yourself down with that last comment. To ridicule a club who's made something out of nothing, as opposed to Clyde who turned something into nothing, is pretty poor. For over 80 years Clyde have been paying digs to their numerous landlords. Easy to criticise when your own team hasn't any responsibility.

Sounds like you have never been to Broadwood or do you carry a white stick?

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Utterly impossible to play football in that. Simply no point in analysing it. 

Well said, no chance for any decent football in the game, the cinics would say play the ball on the floor but that wasn't even possible, midfield by passed,  attackers chasing lost causes, deserved a draw tbf, 2 basic errors for both annan goals, maybe in hindsight would have been a good day to change the system ,  on to Edinburgh with confidence ⚽️

Not complaining. Suggesting improvement.  Might be hard for a gypsy to see the difference.The catering, if that's it's category, at Hampden is an embarrassment and like stewarding outwith QPs control or influence. Neither services suit our club and I'm sure it'll improve in the future.
I have a higher regard for your posts than many of you're fellow Clyde fans but you've let yourself down with that last comment. To ridicule a club who's made something out of nothing, as opposed to Clyde who turned something into nothing, is pretty poor. For over 80 years Clyde have been paying digs to their numerous landlords. Easy to criticise when your own team hasn't any responsibility.
So not providing cover for away fans is acceptable in 2019? this should be a minimum requirement only worse place is Edinburgh there is a private school located west end of glasgow with better facilities
Hampden is fine to go to the view ain't that bad but why everybody can't be in the middle baffles me ok you don't run the catering But if you want a ground to copy for lesser hampden look to forthbank not galabank

8 hours ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Highlights show Annan goals repeated in slow - mo but not QP goal - that's not very nice is it ?

I didn't think we would get a look at that tug on Gow at the end, but they made up for it by showing Summers's tackle on their No.2.

Archived