Stranraer v Raith Rovers

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The effort of Murray, Crane, Matthews & Nisbet with AND without the ball for the whole game was there for everyone (well all 30 of us!!) to see yesterday. The rest are so passive it is unbelievable, even in the 2nd half when a bit better, they still too often just wait for the ball to come to them.

Dingwall as per Tuesday was dire, after a promising first couple of games his initial energy and drive has disappeared. But the worst by a mile was Barjonas. I would love to know if he is only starting because his loan deal states that when he does Rangers pay his wages and if he doesn’t start Raith would have to pay money they haven’t got. As I can’t think of any other logical reason why anybody with an ounce of football knowledge would be playing him, he is so bad. You could again see and hear clearly yesterday, Murray and especially Matthews who were working their socks off, winning so many tackles, shouting at Barjonas to get involved but he was just not for caring. Send Barjonas back as soon as possible and if needed play the likes of James Berry from our own youth who has been impressive in the reserves recently and will definitely give us the effort, which is the minimum we should expect.

5 minutes ago, Cairn Terrier said:

There's soft penalties, then there's that.

FFS.

Big teams get the breaks. 

I’d have been raging if that was given against the Rovers.

1 hour ago, Beastie Russell said:

From the away terrace it was a clear handball guy almost doing a plank, sticks his arm out as he falls and ball hits it, deflecting the ball away from the goal.

Referee well positioned to give it.

And I thought I was biased:lol::lol:

Just getting round to watching the highlights now. First Stranraer goal - what is Calum Crane doing? [emoji23] He could comfortably get to the ball first but inexplicably moves the wrong way. Mental defending. Second goal is a great strike, no much we could do about that.

On 03/03/2019 at 10:00, Beastie Russell said:

From the away terrace it was a clear handball guy almost doing a plank, sticks his arm out as he falls and ball hits it, deflecting the ball away from the goal.

Referee well positioned to give it.

How do you fall without putting your arms out?  Not in a million years is that a deliberate handball.

Got to agree that is never ever a penalty, we got lucky with that.

To think some of the claims we had turned down when we went well over a year and a half without a penalty and now we are getting them for things like that? Good to see the old ‘these things level themselves out’ cliche holding true eventually.

Got to agree that is never ever a penalty, we got lucky with that.
To think some of the claims we had turned down when we went well over a year and a half without a penalty and now we are getting them for things like that? Good to see the old ‘these things level themselves out’ cliche holding true eventually.
Would like to know when it's our time.

I thought the rule was that if the ball strikes part of the body that it is illegal to play the ball with and prevents an advantage then it's a foul, no?

Perhaps the ref later thought it was soft too, and that's why he didn't award a second pen in the last minute when the Stranraer defender stuck out an elbow and played the ball with it.

Irrelevant at the end of the day as it was two shite teams cancelling each other out on a day when the elements were the only thing that held the upper hand.

On a side note, it's utterly infuriating that Rovers (among other teams) get the ball at kickoff, play it back and then launch it into the channel for a winger to try to chase. It usually ends up with the ball going out, and an opposition throw, with a complete waste of possession. 

Archived