Stranraer v Raith Rovers

7 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Lyness, Silva, Crane, Armstrong, Dingwall, McGuffie, Hendry, Barjonas, Gullan. 

Ok, one was an emergency 'keeper who never played, but still. 

So, a keeper who never played, another keeper who didn’t have club.  

Hendry and Armstrong improved us. Crane has been hot and cold. Dingwall and McGuffie will probably do okay. Gullan is just in the door, so no idea what he’s like. Barjonas is the only poor signing so far and even he has scored to win us a point.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, pantene proV said:

The squad was already title contenders. You remember last season, right? He took on a team unbeaten at home for over a year, unbeaten in the league thus far and well placed behind Arbroath and what’s happened? You think we’d have dropped off the pace as markedly under Smith? We hadn’t even lost a league match from a winning position under him

Its a damning indictment 

Do you remember the various players leaving? 

Thomson (an actual right back, who now plays for the Champions elect), Robertson (the man who we needed in the team to win games), Furtado, Spence, Barr, Zannatta (now doing well for Alloa in the Championship) any more? Not sure what difference it made but it obviously made a difference.

I would say that if Smith had us 15 points off the pace this place would be in meltdown. I think Smith did well enough last season but that last day let down was hard to come back from. Like the Board, I feel it would have been harsh to sack Smith for that. The way it’s panned out it would possibly have been better to sack him and give the new man the summer.

Thomson leaving wouldn’t have been so bad had Smith signed a replacement. What’s just as bad is McGlynn not acknowledging and addressing this. Furtado, Spence and Barr have been replaced by better both by Smith and McGlynn 

I totally agree, Smith had to go in the summer however harsh it was. The breakdown after the Forfar game is the board's fault as there's no way getting rid of Smith then was a good idea. Once he started the season we HAD to back him. 

McGlynn appears to be the absolute death for youth development at Rovers. Unless it’s Hibs and Rangers youth.

If all this vitriol keeps up and we f**k the play-offs again, maybe i’ll yet see my preferred option of Danny Lennon at Starks.

McGlynn appears to be the absolute death for youth development at Rovers. Unless it’s Hibs and Rangers youth.

If all this vitriol keeps up and we f**k the play-offs again, maybe i’ll yet see my preferred option of Danny Lennon at Starks.

Clyde will probably go up so you'll likely be seeing him...just probably not as our manager.

3 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

The board took the easy option of appointing McGlynn thinking they were getting a safe pair of hands,  instead of waiting to put a short list together and interviewing  prospective candidates 

This season is over and I have my doubts over his capabilities of signing players good enough to stop this rot that's set in over the last few seasons, going by his signings so far that never addressed the real problems and to change the keeper every game is just plain ludicrous bordering on insanity 

In a nutshell

Theres not only doubts over his signing capabilities but also his tactics,hes a tactical dinosaur

11 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

In a nutshell

Theres not only doubts over his signing capabilities but also his tactics,hes a tacticle dinosaur

That really should be a word. Cross between practical and testicle.

I like it. Suits him

Bottom line is as it stands none of the fanboys have blamed Donald Trumps wall yet! Give it time

I will defend each and every person for wanting a wall! They aren't all bad! Even if some of us are "fan boys"

Eta: I disagree with 99% of trumps views.

1 minute ago, grumswall said:
2 hours ago, Frank conner said:
Bottom line is as it stands none of the fanboys have blamed Donald Trumps wall yet! Give it time

I will defend each and every person for wanting a wall! They aren't all bad! Even if some of us are "fan boys"

You guys have a lot to answer for! I can't for Zen Archer  to pledge his life savings on bolstering Mcglynns  squad for next season I'd like to to see him put his money where his mouth is.

1 minute ago, Frank conner said:

You guys have a lot to answer for! I can't for Zen Archer  to pledge his life savings on bolstering Mcglynns  squad for next season I'd like to to see him put his money where his mouth is.

What the f**k is this all about?

Archived