Stranraer v Raith Rovers

I was keen on McGlynn coming back as I know that he'll put absolutely everything into getting us back up to the Championship. 

He makes perplexing decisions, usually involving the back line and goalkeeper, but as much as I think he missed a trick by not signing a RB in the January window, I reckon he'll have us better balanced for a more promising tilt at promotion next season. 

If we're still as pish next season, criticism will be entirely justified. 

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I was keen on McGlynn coming back as I know that he'll put absolutely everything into getting us back up to the Championship. 

He makes perplexing decisions, usually involving the back line and goalkeeper, but as much as I think he missed a trick by not signing a RB in the January window, I reckon he'll have us better balanced for a more promising tilt at promotion next season. 

If we're still as pish next season, criticism will be entirely 

The harsh reality is that Smith would've done no worse than McGlynn has managed. To be in third place not mention 15 points off top simply isn't good enough. 

Yes, we have a poorly assembled squad that's unbalanced. That's on Smith. McGlynn, however, has signed nine players (more than enough to address these issues) and not one of them has been a right back - a clear problem all season. He hasn't made the best use of his signings. 

The goalkeeper shambles is ridiculous as well and defies any logic. 

3 minutes ago, Michael W said:

The harsh reality is that Smith would've done no worse than McGlynn has managed. To be in third place not mention 15 points off top simply isn't good enough. 

Yes, we have a poorly assembled squad that's unbalanced. That's on Smith. McGlynn, however, has signed nine players (more than enough to address these issues) and not one of them has been a right back - a clear problem all season. He hasn't made the best use of his signings. 

The goalkeeper shambles is ridiculous as well and defies any logic. 

As much as Smith got things wrong he actually got more consistency from the players. McGlynn then came in and said he wanted to turn draws into wins.

Unfortunately he’s turned wins into losses

16 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

If we're still as pish next season, criticism will be entirely justified. 

At the start of the season I put a bet on Arbroath to win the league. I thought we’d probably finish in the top 4. That was based on our squad and also on the fact Smith would be in charge. So to somehow think McGlynn would romp the league with the same squad was probably a bit silly.

6 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

At the start of the season I put a bet on Arbroath to win the league. I thought we’d probably finish in the top 4. That was based on our squad and also on the fact Smith would be in charge. So to somehow think McGlynn would romp the league with the same squad was probably a bit silly.

It’s not the same squad

*romp* no but certainly not to fall so far behind a team not as good as last seasons winners

Just now, pantene proV said:

It’s not the same squad

*romp* no but certainly not to fall behind so far behind a team not as good as last seasons winners

He signed Armstrong, who was good and left for Ross County. Think he was TK replave Hendry who was injured. Then Dingwall to replace Armstrong. That’s 3 players for the one position.

We needed full backs and he got in Crane.

Lyness, McGuffie, and Barjonas. Who are the other two he signed to make up the nine signings?

Archived