Gartcairn PAID womans team 2020

rtg1971

It is with great delight i can announce our first forward thinking sponsor for our vision of a paid woman's team beginning officially March 2020 as Indigo Communications.

Trials will be on offer from December 1st at our own home park.  We have the vision and the facilities to have the credentials necessary to get in to the SWPL League and aim to do so!

Just like our juniors, we shall be offering a pay as you go model for sponsorship.

Pay as you go sponsorship allows every company the opportunity to get involved with Gartcairn Woman FC.  From £50 per month to £1000 per month depending on what advertising best suits your business.

Gartcairn have nearly 30,000 followers on social media through twitter and Facebook to which we can post good news stories or special offers at any time.

We also have the opportunity for YOU to be part of the Gartcairn Woman's Committee if you so wish, meaning you will have direct input into the teams future and spenditure for the season.

We will play around 15 home games in a season to which your company can have a quarter, half or even a full page within our match day programme.

We also have the options to place advertising boards at home games for all supporters to see your brand. 

The best thing about this is…… you can stop paying at any time! If it’s not working for you or if you want to add more then it’s easily done! 

This new team needs your support both at the park and away from it.

Be part of something special!  ChangeTheGame!

Any enquiries please call Robert on 07818002241.

ladiesposterTEXT.jpg

It is with great delight i can announce our first forward thinking sponsor for our vision of a paid woman's team beginning officially March 2020 as Indigo Communications.
Trials will be on offer from December 1st at our own home park.  We have the vision and the facilities to have the credentials necessary to get in to the SWPL League and aim to do so!
Just like our juniors, we shall be offering a pay as you go model for sponsorship.
Pay as you go sponsorship allows every company the opportunity to get involved with Gartcairn Woman FC.  From £50 per month to £1000 per month depending on what advertising best suits your business.
Gartcairn have nearly 30,000 followers on social media through twitter and Facebook to which we can post good news stories or special offers at any time.
We also have the opportunity for YOU to be part of the Gartcairn Woman's Committee if you so wish, meaning you will have direct input into the teams future and spenditure for the season.
We will play around 15 home games in a season to which your company can have a quarter, half or even a full page within our match day programme.
We also have the options to place advertising boards at home games for all supporters to see your brand. 
The best thing about this is…… you can stop paying at any time! If it’s not working for you or if you want to add more then it’s easily done! 
ladiesposterTEXT.thumb.jpg.9bbd903f91bdf0b61572f3ce8b85b0c9.jpg
Could you answer my question? Are you planning on paying the girls that play for you?

On 03/03/2019 at 20:30, pleslie99 said:
On 27/02/2019 at 18:12, rtg1971 said:
ladiesposterTEXT.thumb.jpg.9bbd903f91bdf0b61572f3ce8b85b0c9.jpg

Could you answer my question? Are you planning on paying the girls that play for you?

In a word, no. 

No team can afford to go professional in Scotland. It takes around a turnover of 2-3 million to do it properly, pay a living wage, tax, national insurance etc etc.

Any club breaking payment rules will be severely fined if caught as well although it happens all the time in the Junior game but the Junior FA seem reluctant to actually regulate anything.

Sadly its a pipe dream.

And for what it's worth, the gap between SWFL 2 and the SWPL is enormous. 

In a word, no. 
No team can afford to go professional in Scotland. It takes around a turnover of 2-3 million to do it properly, pay a living wage, tax, national insurance etc etc.
Any club breaking payment rules will be severely fined if caught as well although it happens all the time in the Junior game but the Junior FA seem reluctant to actually regulate anything.
Sadly its a pipe dream.

Well that's what I thought and was awaiting the reply from those at Gartcairn to see what the script was. He seems to have posted then gone missing.....

Having done a bit of research myself (Thanks to the lack of response from Gartcairn)
It seems they do indeed intend on paying players, they are advertising it as semi-professional so along the lines of junior in the men's game. I get the impression this will come from sponsors however I still struggle to see how this will work.
As the poster above has said, paying players comes with its own challenges, ensuring the legal stuff is all above board.
Also apparently they are out scouting players for their new team, I'm not sure they completely understand the difference in standard between swfl 2, swfl 1 and swpl. For us that have been involved in all levels of the woman's game this is indeed huge and there are plenty of examples. Do they intend on attracting girls from the top SWPL clubs by throwing money at them? I doubt many would drop to swfl 2 level, damaging the prospect of international call ups/moves down south to play against inferior opposition every week.
It will be interesting to see what happens but I do remember when the Gartcairn junior team started money was thrown at a lot of "big" names, it didn't work out as planned to start with.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks - apologies for not responding i am not getting notifications on the post which is odd so i didn't actually know anyone had responded.

To all of the above comments the answer is simply yes!  There are many ways and means to reward players for their efforts and we will be doing exactly that.

Do i know the difference between SWPL and division 2 - that is really laughable guys - come on do you think i'm a blinkered idiot?

yes we are out scouting - why shouldn't we?  We need to see the players we want to attract and yes of course it will not be SWPL players or even younger SWPL players as they cannot be involved with the NT teams if they are playing SWFL division 2 football - i already know that :)

My aim is to build a team to win division 2 then add players as we progress to ensure we have the correct quality to gain promotion in each division.

I spoke with a motherwell fan when watching them play and he did say - you are being very ambitious are you not - i simply replied - why not!

Watch this space!

On 09/03/2019 at 11:58, RWcoach said:

In a word, no. 

Sadly its a pipe dream.

i dare to dream and dream big!

It is with great delight I can formally announce the Imperial Bar has joined on board for our new Woman's team beginning December 2019. Many Thanks to Charlie for his support. I am still on the lookout for more like minded sponsors for next season if interested please get in touch 07818002241

imperialbarsponsor.jpg

We would like to announce DGES who have agreed to come on board with our new adventure in a paid womans team. kenny from DGES is delighted to have penned a 2 year deal with the team and will be an avid supporter at the games also. We are absolutely delighted to have kenny and his family business on board and will ensure we work to help each other out.

If you are reading this and wish to sponsor or to find out more details of what we are going to achieve please get in contact with Robert on 07818002241. It’s time to change the game!

kennysponsor.jpg

Tonight we are announcing the first two of our management team for the new Woman's Team. Robert McCallum shall be taking on the role of manager and his number 2 shall be Gerry Cummings. Both have been involved in the game for many years and we are sure they will be a success for us. Robert comes with a UEFA B License, Gerry goalkeeper license and is also undertaking his UEFA B this year. Gerry is also Central regional goalkeeper head coach. While licenses don't guarantee success we feel that both of them together shall be an exciting partnership.

image.png.aa018c680947a4e3cf596d885b370f78.pngImage may contain: 1 person

image.png

I think all we wish to know is how do you expect to get around the points made? Is it going to be a case of bonus structures or sponsors taking the hit? As pointed out above there are many laws that would need to be followed to ensure paying players was above board, I don't assume the swf would be a lenient as the juniors in this regard as they do not need any damage done to the grade. Have u had a chance to watch much swfl2 football?

12 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:
47 minutes ago, rtg1971 said:

I think all we wish to know is how do you expect to get around the points made? Is it going to be a case of bonus structures or sponsors taking the hit? As pointed out above there are many laws that would need to be followed to ensure paying players was above board, I don't assume the swf would be a lenient as the juniors in this regard as they do not need any damage done to the grade. Have u had a chance to watch much swfl2 football?

Not as many games as i would like but i fully intend to take 1 game in per week from now until season finishes and before our trials begin.  I have already spoken with swf, regional coordinators and NT managers on my "dream" none of whom suggest i am doing anything illegal at all.

Not as many games as i would like but i fully intend to take 1 game in per week from now until season finishes and before our trials begin.  I have already spoken with swf, regional coordinators and NT managers on my "dream" none of whom suggest i am doing anything illegal at all.
I don't suggest for one minute you are doing anything illegal, I wish you all the success with the project l, as if its successful it could change things for the best with womans football in Scotland. I have no issues with the ambition either, however being involved with the womans game at the lowest level and above there is such a massive jump between each level. What's going to happen to the girls that get you up, will they get binned each year in favour of better ones?

7 hours ago, pleslie99 said:
9 hours ago, rtg1971 said:

I don't suggest for one minute you are doing anything illegal, I wish you all the success with the project l, as if its successful it could change things for the best with womans football in Scotland. I have no issues with the ambition either, however being involved with the womans game at the lowest level and above there is such a massive jump between each level. What's going to happen to the girls that get you up, will they get binned each year in favour of better ones?

The exact same that happens with any other football club in the world - when clubs are promoted some players won't remain at that club if they aren't good enough. I don't think the OP is stating he'll rebuild the team each season as obviously players develop however of course some won't make the mark.

Also, who cares about the jump between each level? Another club is attempting to get involved in the woman's game and so far everything has been negative.

If the newco want to give players 40 quid a week similar to juniors then who cares? As the club progresses and prize money increases so does the payments to both players and investment back in the club itself. What I'd be more concerned about is clubs making profit from the woman's game and instead of channelling it back in, sending it to the men's game.

Archived