FifeSons v 1320Lichtie

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Seen someone post a clip of McKenna on twitter

Never a penalty but never a booking for a dive

I was just about to post the very same thing. 

To book him for diving (especially a second booking, and especially given he was booked for his first foul) was very, very harsh imo.

He didn’t dive. There was contact. The defender didn’t get the ball...
He started going down before there was any kind of contact. I agree it was a harsh second booking but a penalty would have been the wrong decision.

He didn’t dive. There was contact. The defender didn’t get the ball...

It's a contact sport, never enough for a penalty, but at the same time McKenna didn't dive and it wasn't a yellow

Imagine that was Barr and he'd got a penalty for it at the other end we'd be raging

Seen someone post a clip of McKenna on twitter

Never a penalty but never a booking for a dive

A simple ‘play on’ would have been sufficient like in the first half when the dumbarton boy went down too easily

Possibly the best thing about Arbroath is the road leading out of it to Auchmithie and The But 'n' Ben. FifeSons knows exactly what he's talking about.

Have lived 50yds from the But 'n' Ben for the last 11yrs, only been twice, was good on each occasion

8 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Half my family are weegies and so are half of our players so don't really get the slagging of them by some of our support personally

I always find it funny when East Coasters go on about Weegies. Especially when said East Coasters, many of whom I had the pleasure of going to school with, are fans of the bigot brothers.

On 03/03/2019 at 21:40, Silverton End said:

#WeAreAllBoabyBarr

Players like Baby Barr do themselves and the beautiful game a disservice with immature, childish and unsporting behaviour. Maybe when he grows up he will realise how embarrassing it is for a grown man to act like an underprivileged adolescent.

Players who are remembered by football fans are the ones who play hard but fair and have respect for their fellow professionals, they have the respect that players like Barr will never have because in order to gain respect you have to show some. 

In the future, if Bobby Barr is ever remembered it will be as an  a*s*.

On 03/03/2019 at 20:50, squeezeboxson said:

SmartSelect_20190303-204916_Gallery.gif

Just now, SotesBornalichtie said:

Players like Baby Barr do themselves and the beautiful game a disservice with immature, childish and unsporting behaviour. Maybe when he grows up he will realise how embarrassing it is for a grown man to act like an underprivileged adolescent.

Players who are remembered by football fans are the ones who play hard but fair and have respect for their fellow professionals, they have the respect that players like Barr will never have because in order to gain respect you have to show some. 

In the future, if Bobby Barr is ever remembered it will be as an  a*s*.

^^^Voted Kirstene Hair

Archived