FifeSons v 1320Lichtie

2 hours ago, mike rankine said:

Bobby Barr is a wee arsehole...but he's OUR wee arsehole! Cammy Ballantyne was outstanding emoji106.png

Cammy was my MOTM today. He's been tremendous since moving to left back and was good before that in a woeful defence. He'll move on to the Championship no problem.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Can we not enjoy the win without moaning about officials....again?

I assume you weren't present today Peter? Some of the decisions were absolutely bizarre.  In saying that I don't think anyone has made any big deal about the officials.

I assume you weren't present today Peter? Some of the decisions were absolutely bizarre.  In saying that I don't think anyone has made any big deal about the officials.
No i wasnt but there is the usual couple of comments criricising them. We have won against the team top of the league. I couldn't care less if the ref missed 4 blatant pens for us, we won. Let's just let the officials do their job and worry about our own team, guarantee our players will make more mistakes than the man in the middle. Just remember, a lot of the referees decisions come down to interpretation so their decision may differ from your opinion, doesn't mean it's wrong. Go referee any game at the weekend from youth level up, see how easy it is.

Spence and Donnelly looked so out their depth today, how many more chances will they get? Yet Doris who hasn’t kicked a  ball on a park in 6 weeks, he’s blasted for missing that one on one.. Spence or Donnelly wouldn’t of even found themselves in that position to even have a pop, given their  recent performances. Looked like stevie and gav went up front last 15 mins and they worked well, like olden days! 

Also a big McCord fan, but yesterday wasn’t his day, had some brilliant contribution but gave away silly balls also.

this might not be a crowd pleaser either but... bobby linn, as much as I love him, lost us the first goal, if he hadn’t stopped and tried to cry Wolf wanting a free kick they would of never have got that first goal.

still 14 points clear :)

The officials yesterday were absolutely dreadful for both teams in my opinion - 2 or 3 decisions that went both ways were utterly bizarre, to the point where they weren't annoying but more laughter inducing.

Agree with the above regarding Bobby and the 1st goal - regardless of it being a foul or not, he simply had to keep playing to the whistle (unlike Tuesday he wasn't on the ground, he was still standing and could have kept running). Frustrating.

As I think everyone would agree and many have said, our formation change yesterday didn't work at all. Dick was/ is in a very difficult position with so few defensive options but I personally wouldn't have changed formation and would have put Omar at right back instead of in a wing back role. I can fully understand why Dick did what he did though with the injuries we've got, and managers will always get things wrong and make mistakes at any level, I'm not going to criticise him for trying what he did.

I personally thought Pongo was absolutely dreadful yesterday unfortunately. He didn't create anything (partly due to the conditions, with the ball zipping off the surface and not holding up whatsoever, the conditions were very anti Pongo!) and his weaknesses were hugely exposed (his inability to run/ tackle basically). Yesterday showed exactly why Pongo and Swanks in the middle of the park together is a big no no in any position other than one where we're chasing the game/ going for a winner.

Conditions were rather unfair on us, and made it very very difficult for long spells of the game. Certainly the 10 minute spell halfway through the 2nd half with the sideways rain and battering wind against us was absolutely brutal, and verging on impossible to play in. I thought a lot of our players were poor yesterday, but a mix of a formation change, losing key personnel and awful conditions for the majority of the game makes it impossible to fully have a go at anyone in my opinion.

While I'm sure we'll have enough to get well over the line, there are some real deficiencies beginning to show in our team. Without Ryan Wallace upfront we're absolutely toothless; if you look at our last 3/4 games with Spence and Donnelly up top how many shots have they had on the goal/ chances have they created? I genuinely think the answer, outside of Donnelly's goal at East Fife, is 0. To have strikers playing every week who don't have shots at the goal and don't create chances for other players leads to us massively struggling to score goals from open play and hugely reliant on Bobby Linn producing a piece of magic every week to get us something. While I think Spence will come good and he has a superb record at our level and I think Donnelly does have something about him, both of them are struggling big time right now and we simply can't start them upfront as a partnership again, it blatantly isn't working. I feel we now need to give Stevie Doris a shot, or even put Gav upfront for a game to see if it makes a difference. We can't continue to go through games with neither striker offering us any goal threat. Someone said to me 'don't worry, Stenny at home next week' yesterday and I disagree - it doesn't matter who we're playing, if we don't have shots on the goal we will not win games of football regardless of the opposition.

With us really struggling upfront, it's a bit of a disaster losing defenders to injury at the same time. We've virtually stopped scoring from open play, and if we're shuffling our defence about now and start conceding more the combination of the two of them are fairly ominous..... Hopefully some of our key players are back fit in the next few weeks and we can pick things up again going into the last quarter :)

I thought we were excellent yesterday. The entire back 4 were solid, with Ballantyne once again being the real standout. If Duffy had any sense he'd be wafting a contract infront of face before he is lured away.

Bobby Barr was a real handful and I love how much of an arsehole he is. The exact type of shift I want to see from him and the exact amount of seethe I want to see generated by his actions.

My only real criticism is probably Michael Paton. He's such a shitebag sometimes.

Arbroath were a bit all over the shop yesterday and IMO they chucked it with about 15/20 to go. At one point the entire defence was just sauntering around and the keeper just aimlessly punting the ball into the sky. Absolute bizarre stuff, one goal at that stage and the draw is there for the taking.

No i wasnt but there is the usual couple of comments criricising them. We have won against the team top of the league. I couldn't care less if the ref missed 4 blatant pens for us, we won. Let's just let the officials do their job and worry about our own team, guarantee our players will make more mistakes than the man in the middle. Just remember, a lot of the referees decisions come down to interpretation so their decision may differ from your opinion, doesn't mean it's wrong. Go referee any game at the weekend from youth level up, see how easy it is.
There is only one poster getting agitated about officials and that's yourself ! Both sets of fans have merely made comments, and I think since they were actually in attendance that is perfectly acceptable.

And just for the record, the officiating was piss poor.

Meant to add to my post that Spence looks an absolute unit these days. I can remember him looking like a scrawny wee boy not so long ago.

He's a weird player. He seems to go through spells at clubs where he is unplayable and scoring every 2nd week or just not really contributing much. Perhaps Arbroath is just going to be one of those spells for him before he gets punted, heads to Forfar and scores 25 goals.

I thought he was really poor yesterday FWIW, the big tall lad alongside him wasn't any better. Looked a real lack of any understanding between them.

Grant Adam deserves a mention. Not so much for the very few saves that he had to make but for his reading of the long punts up the park in both halves - timing was spot on.

As for Arbroath,  a guy after the game summed it up: on that showing the reason they began the day 16 points ahead must have been because they started the season 32 points ahead.

Grant Adam deserves a mention. Not so much for the very few saves that he had to make but for his reading of the long punts up the park in both halves - timing was spot on.
As for Arbroath,  a guy after the game summed it up: on that showing the reason they began the day 16 points ahead must have been because they started the season 32 points ahead.

We're 16 points ahead because we've been shit hot for 3/4 of the season

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I thought we were excellent yesterday. The entire back 4 were solid, with Ballantyne once again being the real standout. If Duffy had any sense he'd be wafting a contract infront of face before he is lured away.

Bobby Barr was a real handful and I love how much of an arsehole he is. The exact type of shift I want to see from him and the exact amount of seethe I want to see generated by his actions.

My only real criticism is probably Michael Paton. He's such a shitebag sometimes.

Arbroath were a bit all over the shop yesterday and IMO they chucked it with about 15/20 to go. At one point the entire defence was just sauntering around and the keeper just aimlessly punting the ball into the sky. Absolute bizarre stuff, one goal at that stage and the draw is there for the taking.

Are you feeling less doom and gloom now, aye?We are not safe yet of course but surely this team ought to be looking up the way rather than down.

Are you feeling less doom and gloom now, aye?We are not safe yet of course but surely this team ought to be looking up the way rather than down.
After being unbeaten in 6, including winning 3 of our last 4? Absolutely. The turnaround has been nothing short of miraculous.

Love that from Barr. Not only did he have the entire away end seething he had old Richard looking like he was about to pop a blood vessel.

Archived