FifeSons v 1320Lichtie

The division's Champions elect, against next season's Champions elect. 

Both teams go into this in very similar form, but given Arbroath's ridiculous away record and the fact we had a tough game on Tuesday night I'd be over the moon with a point. The two games between the sides have been quite close so far. Back in August - in the glory days of Stevie Aitken parking Ross Forbes on the bench - it looked like the Lichties would leave G82 with all three points, only for Forbes to stick his sledgehammer of a left-foot right through one in injury time.

The teams met again in October, with Aitken punted and the interim management team of Ian Durrant and Jamie Ewings picking the side. That day Sons missed a collection of golden chances...and Arbroath didn't so, despite being a goal down to Iain Russell's first (and to date, only) league goal since returning, Dick Campbell's men eventually ran out 3-1 victors.

On the squad front I wouldn't want to change too much from the other night, though if (as rumoured) Brian Mclean does sign then I'd expect to see him feature - with big Henk possibly dropping to the bench. If things stay exactly as they are though then I'd go for this. Again.

Conor Brennan

David Ferguson Henk van Schaik Craig Barr Cammy Ballantyne

Ross Forbes Kyle Hutton Stuart Carswell Bobby Barr

Calum Gallagher Dom Thomas

Just as a final thought, it seems like we never play Arbroath. The games have been crazily spaced apart. We've played Raith Rovers twice since we last met, and one of those games was rearranged and put back a fortnight!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robbie Mutch no longer at Dumbarton?
Big travelling support expected to make the trip to the west coast. Wallace, Hammy and Gold all doubts as it stands. Greig Spence needs a goal and hopefully gets one in this game. Whately at LB if Hammy and Gold can’t go

Big travelling support expected to make the trip to the west coast. Wallace, Hammy and Gold all doubts as it stands. Greig Spence needs a goal and hopefully gets one in this game. Whately at LB if Hammy and Gold can’t go
Nope. The game at Gayfield was his last.

19 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Mutch no longer here. We'll have Grant Adam or Connor Brennan between the sticks (preferably Brennan going by last nights match).

I'm glad to report your big travelling support will be welcomed with open arms into Bar '72, if you come in through the home turnstile the bar is through the door on your left.  Not fully confirmed yet but hopefully @squeezeboxson will yet again be providing his excellent repertoire of tunes for us! :P   Once you make your way out to your seats the stewards will direct you to the away end. Hopefully see a few of you in there for some banter. Ladbrokes are in filming for their ground hopper tour so it could be a busy wee place!

Arbroath have been almost stuttering for a few weeks but still grind out results, it's now just a matter of when for them lifting the title so it's maybe understandable if they've taken their foot off the gas a wee bit.  We're more than capable of causing problems, but I expect Dick will have at least two bodies on Dom Thomas right from the off and if he gets stifled then so could we. Thomas and Gallagher seem to be a decent partnership so hopefully that continues but we really need the midfield to be on it, too much last night in the second half we were just surrendering possession far too easily.  Great to be looking forward to going to games again though!

I tried to quote the op but all sorts of chaos happened

Thanks for doing the thread Ross Forbes knew you'd get a good build up started but not overly keen on the thread title [emoji23]

Should be a good day, getting to the stage you can enjoy it as a fan, reasonably comfortable but every Saturday still a cup final

Hopefully Wallace and Gold are ok. If not Whatley to left back. McCord in the middle. Doris upfront. Denholm over Kader.

If they are same team as Tuesday, Denholm in for Kader and McKenna upfront with Wallace. Although think Donnelly will get a start again after his goal

I honestly just realised the title was two posters and not just the nicknames of the clubs :lol:
What's the relevance there? Were FifeSons and 1320 ready to step to it last time out?

Haha nah, just had a fair few debates this season. Over Loy, Dumbarton, Raith Rovers and EF red cards. [emoji23]

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I honestly just realised the title was two posters and not just the nicknames of the clubs :lol:

What's the relevance there? Were FifeSons and 1320 ready to step to it last time out?

Just a wee reference to their clashing views last weekend.

On 2/24/2019 at 11:56, FifeSons said:

Behave yourself, we missed about half a dozen sitters, could’ve very easily put six or seven past you.

Well that’s hardly surprising that an EF hasn’t said it should’ve been otherwise. When you have 1320 on your side in an argument, you pretty much know you’ve lost.

On 2/24/2019 at 12:09, 1320Lichtie said:

Mind that time I was on the side of an argument saying Loy would be shite and end up injured? And that I'd rather have Callum Gallagher? And that other time when I said Raith wouldn't walk the league?

Lol

We could replace the pre match music with a FifeSons v 1320Lichtie thumb war on the stage.

Or maybe even have[mention=29865]squeezeboxson[/mention] play some duelling banjos type gear to accompany it.

[emoji23][emoji23]

Is there any entertainment on in the stadium bar this weekend? Thumb wars aside

I don’t think we have take our foot off the gas . Recent games have shown real resilience and results against Raith and EF are testament to that.
With our injury problems this game will surely be a severe test. Wallace in particular is a worry as the replacement strikers aren’t really cutting it yet.
I’m looking forward to a shorter journey and maybe a battling draw.

3 hours ago, timlichtie said:

I don’t think we have take our foot off the gas . Recent games have shown real resilience and results against Raith and EF are testament to that.
With our injury problems this game will surely be a severe test. Wallace in particular is a worry as the replacement strikers aren’t really cutting it yet.
I’m looking forward to a shorter journey and maybe a battling draw.

How many players do you have out injured?

20 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Is there any entertainment on in the stadium bar this weekend? Thumb wars aside

I believe it to be the best entertainment prior to the game this Saturday...

All joking aside if you come in then you can have a listen or even get up for a Gay Gordon's...

6 hours ago, squeezeboxson said:

I believe it to be the best entertainment prior to the game this Saturday...

All joking aside if you come in then you can have a listen or even get up for a Gay Gordon's...

You might even get the old buggers I sit with tapping their toes. They deliberately don't clap anyone as their form of protest at the music, but maybe this is the week...

Archived