Top of the table clash

On 27/02/2019 at 16:48, Billy XBoswell said:

It’s strange that game is midweek (I won’t make it) yet both teams are free this Saturday 

should be a good one I think 

I had a quick look at fixtures & I think Lochar will have a big say in who wins the title

They are playing well & have still to play Bonnyton @ home  &  to play Stranraer twice ..... could be interesting providing Bonnyton can  get a win away to Stranraer this Wednesday 

8 hours ago, Billy XBoswell said:

I had a quick look at fixtures & I think Lochar will have a big say in who wins the title

They are playing well & have still to play Bonnyton @ home  &  to play Stranraer twice ..... could be interesting providing Bonnyton can  get a win away to Stranraer this Wednesday 

You’re right there. Still a long way to go and plenty of football to be played.

Billy... will Bonnyton be at full strength considering game is a Wednesday night in Stranraer / boys may have work etc ?

8 minutes ago, SaintMan said:

You’re right there. Still a long way to go and plenty of football to be played.

Billy... will Bonnyton be at full strength considering game is a Wednesday night in Stranraer / boys may have work etc ?

Not heard anything about who can’t make it ..... but so far no call offs as far as I know 

3 minutes ago, Billy XBoswell said:

Not heard anything about who can’t make it ..... but so far no call offs as far as I know 

Also just noticed that “Six Shooter Sean” is the appointed Ref 

I hope he remembers that the match is not about him :whistle

Edited by Billy XBoswell

7 minutes ago, Theunchosen1 said:

Comprehensive win for Stranraer tonight who dominated the whole game and kept a clean sheet against the highest scorers in the league. Very impressive

Yeah Stranraer for sure worthy winners, Bonnyton barely had a sniff whole game until Stranraer went 2 up and then invited a bit of pressure onto themselves and catching Bonnyton on counter.

Game in general I thought was brilliant and played at a great standard! Well played both teams!

lochar beat tonight. Stranraer 2 points clear with 2 games to play on bonnyton, boys looking good. Can’t take anything away from bonnyton tonight they are a good side can see why they beat most teams with ease, but Stranraer yet again proved there the best side in the south, domination for 70 minutes, then just poor game management I thought, decided to sit in rather than just control the game till the end, terrible penalty decision also

lochar beat tonight. Stranraer 2 points clear with 2 games to play on bonnyton, boys looking good. Can’t take anything away from bonnyton tonight they are a good side can see why they beat most teams with ease, but Stranraer yet again proved there the best side in the south, domination for 70 minutes, then just poor game management I thought, decided to sit in rather than just control the game till the end, terrible penalty decision also

Not convinced the Bonnyton penalty taker was their first choice, as soon as it was awarded he rushed to the ball and had the ball on the spot while all the players were ranting to the ref. Don’t know if the keeper got a touch but a big miss for them this season! Despite that you never felt that Bonnyton were going to score, Stranraer keeper/defence outstanding all game

1 minute ago, Rocky85 said:

Can’t see anything other than Stranraer winning it now. Absolutely relentless, probably on for one of  highest points totals. 

Can they have an invincible season??

Think it would be great to see but a reckon there is still a few teams like Abbey Vale, Mids, & lochar on their day can beat anyone if Stranraer have an off day 

• 3 weeks later...

Gone a wee bit quiet on here following Bonnyton Thistle’s win against Stranraer Reserves on Wednesday night

I wasn’t at the game so come on guys, was it a fluke or did they deserve the win?

Also been told that Bonnyton had 6 first team players missing from squad too  (Wednesday night KO, travel, work etc) 

Be good to hear your thoughts from anyone who was at game & if anyone approached Stranraer Reserves Management for any feedback this time 

1 hour ago, Billy XBoswell said:

Gone a wee bit quiet on here following Bonnyton Thistle’s win against Stranraer Reserves on Wednesday night

I wasn’t at the game so come on guys, was it a fluke or did they deserve the win?

Also been told that Bonnyton had 6 first team players missing from squad too  (Wednesday night KO, travel, work etc) 

Be good to hear your thoughts from anyone who was at game & if anyone approached Stranraer Reserves Management for any feedback this time 

Passed me by, but that's a nice result for Bonnyton.

2 hours ago, Billy XBoswell said:

It was a cup game? They don't play each other again in the league and Stranraer have seven games to get 12 points, don't see them losing from here.