St Mirren v Livi

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My default reaction these days is that I am pissed off because we’ve made chances and not taken them. Again. If you are missing straightforward chances from a couple yards out then you don’t deserve to be winning games.

A bit unlucky that Erskine’s tackle played the guy in for the goal. Heard some shouts for offside unless they meant the guy that finished the rebound.

1 minute ago, crispy said:

My default reaction these days is that I am pissed off because we’ve made chances and not taken them. Again. If you are missing straightforward chances from a couple yards out then you don’t deserve to be winning games.

This. Spot on. Players should be embarrassed. Not good enough! Erskine is shite n all.

6 minutes ago, Mpire said:

This. Spot on. Players should be embarrassed. Not good enough! Erskine is shite n all.

I quite like the big man. It was a bad miss though. I was clinging on to hope of top 6 but dropping too many points and, on average, I don’t think we’ve performed like one of the 6 top teams. Hard to argue with 7-9th spot.

1 minute ago, Stu said:

Thought Flynn was miles offside but couldn't care.

Couldnt really tell. That we played the shot taker in aswell would really be the icing on a rather shitey cake. Yer wee north bank boys are a laugh - fair play.

8 minutes ago, crispy said:

I quite like the big man. It was a bad miss though. I was clinging on to hope of top 6 but dropping too many points and, on average, I don’t think we’ve performed like one of the 6 top teams. Hard to argue with 7-9th spot.

Thats us in 9th now. Season done. On terrible form and just lucky had a good first 4 months of the season or we'd be getting relegated!

1 minute ago, Mpire said:

Thats us in 9th now. Season done. On terrible form and just lucky had a good first 4 months of the season or we'd be getting relegated!

We’re not the only team on a terrible run..

Fantastic result to dig out in horrific conditions. A few positives to take as well as a few ongoing concerns. 

Clean sheet - Hladkys first and he deserved it. Popescu was immense again as always. 

No real issues from set pieces after the swirling free kick where the sitter was missed. 

Ryan Flynn absolutely deserved his moment of glory of all the players in a Saints shirt. His resurgence in the last 4 weeks has been quite amazing given he was a shoo in to get his jotters in January. 

Ryan Hardie played a full half hour against us and did not get a real sniff of goal. 

The centre midfield is still a concern though. McGinn coming off injury (and even before) looks slow and too easy to telegraph in what he does... hes the beating heart of the team but I have said it all season, we play far to slowly when he's dictating the pace. Against Aberdeen and Hearts we sacrificed that retention of the ball he provides but looked snappy on the break. That being said he finished the game very well in the last 20 minutes at a point where I thought his race had been run.

Cammy McPherson adds a lot of dig but his passing is absolutely the thing that is going to hold him back if he wants to have a career as a consistent top flight footballer. He really, really needs to work on the level of distribution as this seems to be the norm rather than exception. Lyons and Magennis coming back will be a massive boost. 

Absolutely delighted to dig out that hard fought win. Thought it was a game of little quality and few chances but Jackson did what I hoped he'd do at the point where the wind picked up and that was to take a chance and test the keeper. 

A pish game but I’m really chuffed Flynn got the goal, he put in a great shift beside MacPherson having a very poor game and McGinn toiling a bit after a knock (tremendous foul for his booking though). I think a confident Ryan Flynn does give us something different in the middle as he’s more positive on the ball and can pick a pass. We need more runners from midfield and that’s where the goal came from.

Thought Erhahon had a good game as well. It was odd seeing Hladky not having much to do. We were lucky not to go behind, two unexpected misses from Chris Erskine.

Really dreadful game and horrible to lose it the way we did, complete comedy of errors, goal was onside btw. 

Thought we started really well but all of a sudden lost all our composure and started to panic, no one was brave on the ball and both teams just lumped the ball out of play. 

A 0-0 draw wouldve been right but that’s the way it’s been going for us recently. 

Erskine scores when we are on top I feel we go on and win the game, St Mirren done very little but got into the position at the end and took it, fair play. 

Holt not a happy man after that, not like him to lose it but believe the changing room was a blue afterwards. 

Bigger picture we are 16 points clear of the playoffs with 10 games left to play, we’d all have taken that, doesn’t make that performance acceptable today though. 

Archived