St Mirren v Livi

9 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

I bet the St Mirren fans on here are looking on and wishing that there team was in our position right now. 

Of course they do. But is that our season done? Accept getting beat 1-0 because St Mirren Hamilton and Dundee wish they had our points? 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Livisteve72 said:

Of course they do. But is that our season done? Accept getting beat 1-0 because St Mirren Hamilton and Dundee wish they had our points? 

Of course not, but if we had spread out our form from the first half of the season over the whole season would this be the reaction to a defeat now ? 

7 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Of course not, but if we had spread out our form from the first half of the season over the whole season would this be the reaction to a defeat now ? 

Then we are not accepting reality as fans? I’m wanting to spread our form out on what our form is and attacking wise it has been way short due to constantly asking the defence and keeper to save us.

1 minute ago, Livisteve72 said:

Then we are not accepting reality as fans? I’m wanting to spread our form out on what our form is and attacking wise it has been way short due to constantly asking the defence and keeper to save us.

Reality is we are punching above our weight and to be in the position we are in is an incredible achievement. 

We won games earlier in the season we shouldn’t have won and we have lost games in the second half of the season that we shouldn’t have lost, i can think of atleast 3 games maybe 4 in this run that we should’nt have lost, and have been really unlucky in, today included, it’s frustrating but that’s football. 

Reality is we have basically achieved our objective, does that make the drop in result acceptable, no, but it does ease my pain a bit. 

I disagree with Hopkin coming back as I think it would be the exact same. The thing that’s different between Holt and Hopkin is Hopkin was at the front as the manager. Looking at the sidelines now it’s very clear Martindale is the one calling shots, Hopkin done well hiding that, Holt not so much.

It was actually blatant today as Holt walked around the technical area while Martindale was barking instructions to the team.

Massive 3 points for Saints and desperately needed.

I bet the St Mirren fans on here are looking on and wishing that there team was in our position right now. 
Of course we'd rather have your points total.

Promoted teams have an advantage because it takes the teams a while to clock on to your style and figure you out. Thats why its vital for the promoted teams to get off to a good start, which Livi did. We changed too much too soon and have been rotten. Albeit if JR was still in charge we'd have been much better.

Some Livingston fans here going on as if they've got a God given right to win an away game in the Premiership.

The conditions made for poor game in terms of quality, although I actually quite enjoyed it. A draw would've been fair but I'll take the 3 points! Much needed. 

Livingston were only really dangerous from set pieces and I thought we dealt with them well.  Popescu deserved his MOTM, Flynn was really good too. I'd have had him hunted in January as I thought he was rotten, shows what I know. Glad he's proving me wrong.

It was a poor game in woeful conditions yesterday. The first 15 mins we couldn't kick it more than halfway into that wind. Luckily that eased off!

I actually felt we lost a bit of momentum when Dreyer was swapped for McAllister.  Thought Dreyer had a decent game, but the ball stopped sticking up top as much when he went off. Jackson wasn't going to get a lot of joy in high balls but got it when the ball went long out wide. 

Thankfully Hardie didn't manage to turn up against us again!

As long as we remain 16 points clear of second bottom come the split, that's what matters. All this wringing of hands and moaning will be quickly forgotten and preparation for next season can begin. We forget what a step up it has been for these players, some are equipped to handle it some are not . We've not had the rub of the green over a few games but I don't believe any of them are not trying and suggestions that this is the case,  is well, embarrassing. 

10 minutes ago, Monkey socks said:

As long as we remain 16 points clear of second bottom come the split, that's what matters. All this wringing of hands and moaning will be quickly forgotten and preparation for next season can begin. We forget what a step up it has been for these players, some are equipped to handle it some are not . We've not had the rub of the green over a few games but I don't believe any of them are not trying and suggestions that this is the case,  is well, embarrassing. 

Realistic view here, wish we were in your position, at least we have a fighting chance now, which quite frankly looked impossible not so long ago  performance wise.

5 hours ago, Monkey socks said:

There has been no danger of Livingston going down for weeks even if you don't win another point yous are not going down.

Archived