St Mirren v Livi

3 minutes ago, TomPainesBones! said:

I’m taking it every day of the week but how the hell was flynn no offside? He was about a yard from the keeper when it bounced out n there was no livi defenders to be seen. Anyway, here’s to the main stand linesman! Some boy!! emoji1303.png

He was onside, Ive been told by someone who has seen the footage of the goal. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dominated the first 20 minutes but didn’t take our chances, much to the surprise of absolutely no-one. A draw would’ve been a more than fair result given how brutal both teams were thereafter but credit to Saints, they kept going and got their goal. If it was onside as it apparently was, it’s horrific defending from us and horrific ‘keeping as Kelly’s palmed to the boy from about two yards out.

Our away form is utterly horrific and it’s lucky that we seem to be a different beast at home. Alluded to it on the other thread but Erskine up front was brutal on his own, would like to see Tiffoney get a bit of a run.

Very disappointing yet again, that’s the third away game I’ve been to this season and each one has been the same.  

On reflection how on earth can we complain?. It’s the back guys and keeper I feel sorry for, our forward play is torture. Yes Gallagher and Lithgow could have done better and Kelly could have put it past the post but if any of the back guys make a mistake then we have effectively lost the match because we don’t create chances. We have no style, we just kick it and hope the bounce goes our way, any sort of quality would have won the game from us today but we produced next to nothing. WE HAVE SCORED 2 GOALS IN 8 GAMES! The players look like they are just put onto the pitch and hopefully they produce something without a plan. The first half of the season the luck went our way and the second half it isn’t.

This won’t go down well with the fans who see no wrong in the coaching staff or tactics at all, blame someone else incoming.

33 minutes ago, Livisteve72 said:

Very disappointing yet again, that’s the third away game I’ve been to this season and each one has been the same.  

On reflection how on earth can we complain?. It’s the back guys and keeper I feel sorry for, our forward play is torture. Yes Gallagher and Lithgow could have done better and Kelly could have put it past the post but if any of the back guys make a mistake then we have effectively lost the match because we don’t create chances. We have no style, we just kick it and hope the bounce goes our way, any sort of quality would have won the game from us today but we produced next to nothing. WE HAVE SCORED 2 GOALS IN 8 GAMES! The players look like they are just put onto the pitch and hopefully they produce something without a plan. The first half of the season the luck went our way and the second half it isn’t.

This won’t go down well with the fans who see no wrong in the coaching staff or tactics at all, blame someone else incoming.

We don’t create chances? Disagree - st Mirren fans on this thread are saying we should’ve scored. 

Feel sorry for the back 3 and Kelly? Agree - the finishing has been really poor; Kelly leading the way on clean sheets and most of the defeats (10?) are by single goals 

Luck went our way in the first half of the season? I think you are talking shite if you think that’s what we have to thank for our points; I can’t think of any post-match interviews where opposing managers have said we were lucky. It’s not like teams are steamrollering us. I can think of only a few occasions where I’ve had to hold my hands up i.e. Killie away, Dons away, Rangers home.

Im not happy about to day either, should’nt have lost that, but there really wasn’t much between the teams on the park. I don’t think the form is reflecting effort/difference between teams. Stick with it, c’mon.

1 hour ago, Livisteve72 said:

Biggest pile of shite I’ve read in a long time but it’s consistent with our fans wetting their knickers every time we lose a game so I’m not surprised. 

Before you say, I’m not a happy clapper, never have been, and I don’t accept poor performances, today was a poor performance and that’s being kind but to say we got lucky first half of the season is quite frankly a nonsense. 

Our defence have been very good this season, and our forward area has struggled since the turn of the year but we have created chances, to say we haven’t is wrong. Erskine takes his chance today we go on and win the game and none of us get hysterical. 

We don’t just kick it and hope the ball bounces our way, we play long passes and try and play in that area, for the first 20 minutes today we done that, last week we done the same and we didn’t complain, if people are going to complain about the way we play atleast be consistent about it. 

Do you think the lack of quality has something to do with finances ? We can only do so much with the budget we have, it’s a minor miracle we are even in this position, if someone had told you we’d be 16 clear of 11th and 17 clear of 12th with 10 games to go would you have taken that at the start of the season ? Be realistic, poor performances and runs happen. 

The players are put in the pitch and hopefully they produce something without a plan, we have been one of the most organised teams in the league this season, that takes work on the training pitch, good coaching, that doesn’t just happen by hoping. 

Got lucky first half of the season, f**k sake. 

58 minutes ago, crispy said:

We don’t create chances? Disagree - st Mirren fans on this thread are saying we should’ve scored. 

Feel sorry for the back 3 and Kelly? Agree - the finishing has been really poor; Kelly leading the way on clean sheets and most of the defeats (10?) are by single goals 

Luck went our way in the first half of the season? I think you are talking shite if you think that’s what we have to thank for our points; I can’t think of any post-match interviews where opposing managers have said we were lucky. It’s not like teams are steamrollering us. I can think of only a few occasions where I’ve had to hold my hands up i.e. Killie away, Dons away, Rangers home.

Im not happy about to day either, should’nt have lost that, but there really wasn’t much between the teams on the park. I don’t think the form is reflecting effort/difference between teams. Stick with it, c’mon.

What chances did we CREATE today? Their keeper spilled a Keaghan cross and Erskine blazed over, no play involved.... nothing being created, which is my point, we just hope it drops for us.

You’re basically backing my point up about feeling sorry for GHL and Kelly by saying this, Kelly has the most clean sheets and we arguably have the best 3 centre backs? That is my point, we are great defensively but we are border line hopeless at the top end of the field. 

It would just be good if we had something to enjoy watching in the attacking areas, if it’s not a set piece or a lump up the park we don’t look like scoring, 

Always stick with it, hopefully luck goes our way next week.

4 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Biggest pile of shite I’ve read in a long time but it’s consistent with our fans wetting their knickers every time we lose a game so I’m not surprised. 

Before you say, I’m not a happy clapper, never have been, and I don’t accept poor performances, today was a poor performance and that’s being kind but to say we got lucky first half of the season is quite frankly a nonsense. 

Our defence have been very good this season, and our forward area has struggled since the turn of the year but we have created chances, to say we haven’t is wrong. Erskine takes his chance today we go on and win the game and none of us get hysterical. 

We don’t just kick it and hope the ball bounces our way, we play long passes and try and play in that area, for the first 20 minutes today we done that, last week we done the same and we didn’t complain, if people are going to complain about the way we play atleast be consistent about it. 

Do you think the lack of quality has something to do with finances ? We can only do so much with the budget we have, it’s a minor miracle we are even in this position, if someone had told you we’d be 16 clear of 11th and 17 clear of 12th with 10 games to go would you have taken that at the start of the season ? Be realistic, poor performances and runs happen. 

The players are put in the pitch and hopefully they produce something without a plan, we have been one of the most organised teams in the league this season, that takes work on the training pitch, good coaching, that doesn’t just happen by hoping. 

Got lucky first half of the season, f**k sake. 

What do you call it when Lithgow just lumps it up the pitch no one near him and right through to their goalkeeper? A long pass? Give me a break. 

What were you watching today? The amount of punts (long passes as you call them) that went right through to their keeper in the first half was torcher.  

Are you saying we look like we are going to play good passages of football and create chances? We rely on luck and if you can’t see that you need to have another look. They had the clearer chances today by far, Kelly made 2 or 3 very good saves and GHL defended really great but the one time they don’t and Kelly makes a slight error we lose the game. We need our attacking players to help them out instead of relying so heavy on them. 

I think Pittman going off made a huge difference, I don’t know why but it definitely had an impact and messed up our flow.

1 minute ago, Livisteve72 said:

What do you call it when Lithgow just lumps it up the pitch no one near him and right through to their goalkeeper? A long pass? Give me a break. 

What were you watching today? The amount of punts (long passes as you call them) that went right through to their keeper in the first half was torcher.  

Are you saying we look like we are going to play good passages of football and create chances? We rely on luck and if you can’t see that you need to have another look. They had the clearer chances today by far, Kelly made 2 or 3 very good saves and GHL defended really great but the one time they don’t and Kelly makes a slight error we lose the game. We need our attacking players to help them out instead of relying so heavy on them. 

I think Pittman going off made a huge difference, I don’t know why but it definitely had an impact and messed up our flow.

Did you watch us earlier in the season ? We have been very consistent with our style of play this season, I’m sure you weren’t criticising it earlier in the season ? Be consistent with your criticism. 

Today didn’t work, too many over hit passes, the weather didn’t help, we played well for the first 20 minutes by playing the way we always do, getting the ball forward and playing in those areas, then we lost all composure and started to over hit passes, nobody was brave on the ball and the game turned, I never felt they would score though, it looked like a 0-0 written all over it until the horrendous defending. 

Football is about percentages, if a ball breaks off a defender is that lucky ? How did the ball get to that area though ? Did we get it wide and cross the ball in, or does that not count as creating a chance because the ball broke to us instead of them ? 

The injuries undoubtedly affected us, it made it a real struggle, with players slotted into position. 

Just now, Ayia Napa Alan said:

Andy you are a happy clapper, we could get relegated and you’d still be happy. Some of these players have an appalling attitude of late, a few of them built a great legacy last season and are harming it with their attitude of downing tools and wanting out of the club in February. Holt is not the man for the job...thanks for the efforts early in the season but he doesn’t have the authority over the players to keep us up next season.

Today was a disgraceful match for the Scottish premier league...seen better games in the 4th tier. Hopkin was at the game today...he’s a man the players would respect, holt is a cuck.

:lol::lol::lol:

I was one of the most vocal fans against Hoppy when we got relegated to league 1, I am reminded of that all the time, if that’s happy clapping...

I’m a realist though, the fact you are talking about next season in the premiership is enough to say Holt has done his job and done it very well,  to say otherwise is ridiculous, I’ll ask again, before the season started what was the target ? Would we have accepted being 16 and 17 points clear of the bottom 2 teams with 10 games to go ? 

Today was a terrible game, Last week the same team lined up against Kilmarnock and played excellent, didn’t hear anyone complaining about them then. 

5 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Did you watch us earlier in the season ? We have been very consistent with our style of play this season, I’m sure you weren’t criticising it earlier in the season ? Be consistent with your criticism. 

Today didn’t work, too many over hit passes, the weather didn’t help, we played well for the first 20 minutes by playing the way we always do, getting the ball forward and playing in those areas, then we lost all composure and started to over hit passes, nobody was brave on the ball and the game turned, I never felt they would score though, it looked like a 0-0 written all over it until the horrendous defending. 

Football is about percentages, if a ball breaks off a defender is that lucky ? How did the ball get to that area though ? Did we get it wide and cross the ball in, or does that not count as creating a chance because the ball broke to us instead of them ? 

The injuries undoubtedly affected us, it made it a real struggle, with players slotted into position. 

I don’t want to criticise the team, I love watching our lads fight for the badge and I certainly would never fault them for that so please don’t make it out like I want to be negative. 

We are in very poor form, we are not in poor form defensively at all but offensively we are hopeless, I don’t know why you can’t openly admit to that, it’s not being critical it’s just being honest? 

Do you think that losing 1 goal against the worst team in the league should result in us losing the match? I don’t and that’s my point.

We lost narrowly today.  The weather was awful for playing  the game.  There wasn't much between the teams.  A draw would have been a fairer result. 

I'll start criticising the team when we are playing at home in decent weather losing badly  and the players not putting effort in.  None of those circumstances prevailed today so I'll look forward to regrouping and going again next week. 

Just now, Livisteve72 said:

I don’t want to criticise the team, I love watching our lads fight for the badge and I certainly would never fault them for that so please don’t make it out like I want to be negative. 

We are in very poor form, we are not in poor form defensively at all but offensively we are hopeless, I don’t know why you can’t openly admit to that, it’s not being critical it’s just being honest? 

Do you think that losing 1 goal against the worst team in the league should result in us losing the match? I don’t and that’s my point.

We are in poor form, i’d be silly to disagree with that, but to say they are put on the pitch without a game plan is crazy, as I said we wouldn’t be one of the best organised teams in the league if the players weren’t well drilled. 

We aren’t scoring goals because we aren’t taking the chances that present themselves, we are still creating chances. 

16 minutes ago, Ayia Napa Alan said:

Andy you are a happy clapper, we could get relegated and you’d still be happy. Some of these players have an appalling attitude of late, a few of them built a great legacy last season and are harming it with their attitude of downing tools and wanting out of the club in February. Holt is not the man for the job...thanks for the efforts early in the season but he doesn’t have the authority over the players to keep us up next season.

Today was a disgraceful match for the Scottish premier league...seen better games in the 4th tier. Hopkin was at the game today...he’s a man the players would respect, holt is a cuck.

I couldn’t disagree anymore with this.

Attitude downing tools? What on earth are you watching? These boys give their lot, that’s always the case. Infact... what players can you accuse of downing tools because I can’t accuse one, did you see how hurt they looked after the goal went in today? 

I disagree with Hopkin coming back as I think it would be the exact same. The thing that’s different between Holt and Hopkin is Hopkin was at the front as the manager. Looking at the sidelines now it’s very clear Martindale is the one calling shots, Hopkin done well hiding that, Holt not so much.

Archived