St Mirren v Livi

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HT 0-0

Livi started much the better side and should have scored about 20 minutes in. Somehow skied it over from 8 yards though.

Then the wind died down and we came back into it. Haven’t tested the keeper but had a few openings blocked or off target.

Draw fair so far, but we need to win here. Big improvement second half required.

24 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Why are St Mirren fans so angry all the time? :lol: Only thing I've heard on this stream is 'fucking', 'b*****d', 'dick', and obviously 'BOOOOOO'

Indeed. 

It’s well know Saints are the only fans who give officials a hard time. 

Doesn’t seem to do us any good though :-)

25 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Why are St Mirren fans so angry all the time? :lol: Only thing I've heard on this stream is 'fucking', 'b*****d', 'dick', and obviously 'BOOOOOO'

The passback they were trying to claim for :lol: 

A half of two halves. Livvy with the first period Saints the second. 

We did well in that period to restrict Livvy to maybe 10 corners and long throws, and dealt well with most of them. 

Game could go any way, and might come down to the subs with McAllister and Hardie game changers. 

This stream is exceptional. The saints fans patter is superb. 

Highlight for me was " waaaay you thought you had a penalty big yin, you p***k" after the linesman flagged when Halkett went down in the box. He was actually offside and I as a big yin found myself laughing at the st mirren fans calling me out.

Good luck to the maureens and their prosaic patter

45 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Watching St Mirren home games on BT or Sky is hilarious, you can hear every shout from the guys that sit around the commentary box. There’s usually a rendition of ‘you don’t know what you’re doing’ aimed at the referee most weeks as well. 

FT 1-0

Excellent and much needed 3 points. The goal is a shot from Jackson which the keeper should do better with, but can only parry it to Flynn for a tap in from a tight angle.

Probably the best thing we can say about the game is that we ground it out. Pretty brutal fayre from start to finish from both teams, but we won, so that’s ok.

Still hanging on to the coat tails of 11th. Maybe we will stay up after all, stranger things have happened.

9 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Awful game with an awful finish. All I can say is that we did not deserve to win.

Getting a free kick out wide for the last kick of the ball, excellent chance to get everyone in the box and try and scramble a goal.

tenor.gif?itemid=7810625

Passes it out for a goal kick.

UglyVacantBlackmamba-size_restricted.gif

Our season's been over for quite a while but that was genuinely horrific. What happened to the level of performance we've seen the past few games? Don't think either team managed to string more than 3 passes together :lol: Ah well, onto the Reserve Challenge Cup final tomorrow, everyone knows that's what really matters.

Archived